forum

Rebecca Sugar & Alicia Keys - Bacon Pancakes (New York Remix

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
fowwo
I understand that there is a relatively large gap in star value between Hyper Light Insane and Insane (and a small one between Hard and Hyper Light Insane) but please look at the diffs and compare before roasting me.
Thank you :>
---------------
----------------------------------------------------------

This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, September 25, 2017 at 5:00:00 PM

Artist: Rebecca Sugar & Alicia Keys
Title: Bacon Pancakes (New York Remix)
Tags: adventure time empire state of mind
BPM: 173.35
Filesize: 3922kb
Play Time: 00:42
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.36 stars, 32 notes)
  2. Expert (5.25 stars, 114 notes)
  3. Hard (2.54 stars, 76 notes)
  4. Insane (4.27 stars, 100 notes)
  5. Light Insane (2.76 stars, 78 notes)
  6. Normal (2.02 stars, 58 notes)
Download: Rebecca Sugar & Alicia Keys - Bacon Pancakes (New York Remix)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
slight technical difficulties - ty nobody for help
we good now tho, i think

good meme!
if you want to gd, i guess u can but u prolly wont
im good mapper i promise

hard = easy???¿?
hyper light insane = 2.76*???¿? feels harder
expert +hddthr good pp farm map must say
Saltssaumure
Placeholder for mod (from my modqueue) if this is resurrected from graveyard.
udon337
From my Queue
Honestly this map could probably get ranked as it is, I had to really be nitpicky with these mods, so If you don't want to change some, I know why.

Easy
00:11:109 (1) - I don't know if this should be here because the bacon pancakes guy before this doesn't really provide sufficient music for easy players to know when to start, but these notes would be a great entrance to the song (Again, like I said, super nitpicky, also I'm not really sure about this one)
00:22:877 (3) - Could be moved like barely a pixel to the left to perfect the blanket.
What do I even mod? This is like perfect.

Normal
This is perfect IMO

Hard
00:12:147 (1,2,3) - This could us better flow by making the first slider straight
00:32:568 (4) - Maybe make this slider without any corners, just curves. Would fit the music better. Kind of like this one 00:38:106 (4)
00:37:414 (2) - Make this curved?

Hyper
Perfect IMO

Insane
00:11:109 (1,2,3) - Try this?
00:32:568 (4) - Less corners?

Expert
00:11:109 (1,2,3) - Try this?
00:23:223 (1) - Idk about the end of that slider
00:24:954 (3,4) - There is no build in the music that really calls for this
00:32:568 (4) - Less Corners?

Honestly this map set is really good, it just needs a BN to see it and it will be set. The only thing I can really say about it is maybe to get rid of the unnecessary corners in some of the sliders, and I'm not even sure about that.
Hope to see this ranked though :)

EDIT: HOW COULD I FORGET?? Consider changing hyper to light insane to better fit the other names in the map set
Topic Starter
fowwo
Very high quality mod. Thank you! c:

[Miko] wrote:

From my Queue
Honestly this map could probably get ranked as it is, I had to really be nitpicky with these mods, so If you don't want to change some, I know why. u n d e r s t a n d a b l e

Easy
00:11:109 (1) - I don't know if this should be here because the bacon pancakes guy before this doesn't really provide sufficient music for easy players to know when to start, but these notes would be a great entrance to the song (Again, like I said, super nitpicky, also I'm not really sure about this one) I see what you mean, but I mapped this slider as the start of the instrumental, so I think I'm gonna leave this here.
00:22:877 (3) - Could be moved like barely a pixel to the left to perfect the blanket. fixed ;)
What do I even mod? This is like perfect. <3

Normal
This is perfect IMO <3

Hard
00:12:147 (1,2,3) - This could us better flow by making the first slider straight Now that you point it out, it does look kinda ugly, but the intention was to keep circular flow with 00:11:801 (3,1) - I will keep this how it is for now.
00:32:568 (4) - Maybe make this slider without any corners, just curves. Would fit the music better. Kind of like this one 00:38:106 (4) Actually, I think the slider was originally the same, but I needed to make it longer so I edited it with a curved slider on the end. xd Keeping this the same.
00:37:414 (2) - Make this curved? I can curve it if necessary, but I am gonna leave it how it is.

Hyper Light Insane ;)
Perfect IMO <3

Insane
00:11:109 (1,2,3) - Try this? Considered, but keeping my 'pattern.'
00:32:568 (4) - Less corners? I'm gonna be honest with you, the only reason why there are even corners in any of these sliders is because I ran out of room lmao. Keeping this the same.

Expert
00:11:109 (1,2,3) - Try this? Considered, but keeping my 'pattern.' (also just now noticing the similarity between Insane and Expert haha)
00:23:223 (1) - Idk about the end of that slider I like that slider :<
00:24:954 (3,4) - There is no build in the music that really calls for this Yeah, you're right. Pretty sure I ran out of room from overlaps and weird angles so I spaced it out. Will most likely fix this if it is a problem.
00:32:568 (4) - Less Corners? "I'm gonna be honest with you, the only reason why there are even corners in any of these sliders is because I ran out of room lmao. Keeping this the same."

Honestly this map set is really good, it just needs a BN to see it and it will be set. The only thing I can really say about it is maybe to get rid of the unnecessary corners in some of the sliders, and I'm not even sure about that.
Hope to see this ranked though :) :D

EDIT: HOW COULD I FORGET?? Consider changing hyper to light insane to better fit the other names in the map set Done.
Dreamtwolf
<3

So fun! Thank you for mapping this.
Topic Starter
fowwo

Dreamtwolf wrote:

<3

So fun! Thank you for mapping this.
Thank you :D
Saltssaumure
Extremely mod from modqueue, sorry for going into hibernation.

[General]
I'd map more of the intro, as it's already a pretty short song.
Edit out the last few seconds of complete silence, it'll decrease file size.
Don't spam NC without reason.

[Expert]
00:12:840 (4,5) - feels more intuitive if these went clockwise (ctrl+g individually), as 4 has a strong hitsound that would go well with a change in rotation.
00:24:954 (3,4) - jump is too extreme, reduce to 2.5x snap.
00:27:377 (1,2,3,4) - strange jump angles, I'd personally reduce the angle going to and from 2.

[Insane]
00:11:109 (1,2) - slider ends are too visually close together.
00:13:186 (4,1,2,3,4) - would look and play better if 4 blanketed the other 4.

[Light Insane]
The SV changes in this diff are pretty mild, you could increase the contrast to push up the map difficulty.
00:37:068 (1,1,1) - NC spam is questionable here as there's nothing calling for it. If you want to keep NC, add a reason such as increasing SV.
00:38:799 (1,1,1) - ^

[Hard]
I'd reduce the CS to 3.5, as at the moment it's very similar to Light Insane.
00:19:762 (3,4) - Awkward sudden change in movement, it'd be better to place 4 so it flows more smoothly from 3.
00:37:068 (1,2,3) - These sliders (and others similar) are strange to read as although the actual distance between 2 and 3 is larger, the slider body/tail position makes them look very close together.

[Normal]
00:11:109 (1,1) - jump is unacceptable at Normal diff.
00:24:262 - don't change distance snap at Normal diff, it's not necessary and can mess up aim/reading for new players.
00:25:992 (1,2) - blanket better.
00:34:299 (1,2,3) - remove slight overlap

[Easy]
Remove any ambiguity in Easy diff as it's for the newest of the new.
00:13:532 (3) - Slider ball suddenly "jumping" could be confusing.
00:15:609 (1) - A truly new player may click at the wrong end of this slider as it's closer to the previous slider.

Good luck with your mapping!
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.