forum

[Archived] Game Reaction Time

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Naltron
Problem Details:

Hello guys,

I really need your help. I am playing osu! on a different PC when I am not at home and my mouse cursor feels really really weird, even though I am using the same mouse, sensivity and mousepad. :(

I think it might be because of the reaction time (at my home 0.9 ms and on the other PC it's 2.4ms)

The game is basically unplayable for me, because the cursor is like "lagging", I mean if I move the cursor, I feels how it takes time for it to follow my movement.

I can't explain it properly but I hope you get my point :? Is there a way to fix my problem? I really have no idea and I really want to play osu :(

Does anyone of you guys experience the same? How did you fix this?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170222.3 (latest)
Dntm8kmeeatu
If you are used to low frame times, this can happen playing on a worse PC.

Nothing you can do really afaik, if your issue is only caused be the lower framerate.
Topic Starter
Naltron

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

If you are used to low frame times, this can happen playing on a worse PC.

Nothing you can do really afaik, if your issue is only caused be the lower framerate.
Thanks for your answer, but this can't be the case, because the PC with the lag is by far better than the one I am currently playing on and
it's working perfect :( The frames are unlimited on both PC's and they're are never lagging.

But thanks for your help!! :)
Dntm8kmeeatu
Have I misunderstood your post?

So is it the PC with 0.9ms harder to play on? Or is the 2.4ms harder?
Topic Starter
Naltron

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Have I misunderstood your post?

So is it the PC with 0.9ms harder to play on? Or is the 2.4ms harder?
So it's like that:

Worse PC: 0.9ms Reaction ---> Really nice to play on

Better PC: 2.4-2.5ms Reaction ---> Unplayable
Dntm8kmeeatu
Well the "Worse" PC is running the game better for some reason. That's why it feels smoother to play on.

Are you sure that the "worse" PC is in fact "Worse"? Make sure the settings are the same on both computers? Make sure the apparent "Better" PC doesn't have stuff running in the background that is impacting performance?
Topic Starter
Naltron

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Well the "Worse" PC is running the game better for some reason. That's why it feels smoother to play on.

Are you sure that the "worse" PC is in fact "Worse"? Make sure the settings are the same on both computers? Make sure the apparent "Better" PC doesn't have stuff running in the background that is impacting performance?

Ehmm so yes the better PC is definetly better and worse one definetly worse. That's 100% fact.
Which programs can impact the Performance very much? Or would it help if I reset my PC?
Because the CPU etc. isn't like under pressure when I play osu! :/