forum

[resolved] All of a sudden can't start osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
cherrypie01
Problem Details: I double click on the shortcut which had always worked until today, and it gives me an error saying "Can't find the name of Intel ICD OpenGL Driver" then I see the osu! crash screen. I tried restarting from there too but nothing changed. Thanks in advance.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20161029.3
Kao
Could you press the crying pippi and then paste the message here. Thanks!
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/GL_Support_Issues
Try rebooting and/or updating drivers
Open run (Windows Logo + R) then type "devmgmt.msc" then press enter.
If you see a triangle or error, then you need to update your drivers.
If not, go to the link above.
Deivedux
Since it mentioned Intel, it might be something with the processor then. Have you check if the drivers are up-to-date?
Topic Starter
cherrypie01

Kao wrote:

System.NullReferenceException: Nesne başvurusu bir nesnenin örneğine ayarlanmadı.
konum: #=qlTE6BFC$3qe5gNKmCubhu4VaQ5bnM5VQXJAti4cPT5UHG$SYSAA4ytwWlR5yQXRl.#=qBiGN34HjPoz4wpWn$kCzIH7l85br$bHF6iyjk$jMP58=()
konum: #=qIfXIf0SKSpQQAXZCE$yp6A==.#=qmpDXp7rgg3qxdHBAidhebQ==(Boolean #=qn8kPKj7pJvITR4n3I_Z8Eg==)
konum: #=q1bCUI36vwMdhEbhWfPV0dQ==.#=q0jYSwdPltFCTi2kCUMjwk0OAYBgDuLMV1uDsTCn0w$8=.#=qb83sgiyBKVlxLDfG08Ztmz43_BgYri4_niU1$dC3VhI=()
konum: #=qe7RXPpgs7b4tKYqiTk$7xgdqcDvlxqesLDVlnFRybB0=.#=qIbjsYEEv8agUe5bTtAcZvw==(#=qfa4Et34rPIUf7Z_qvj0sxPTIXy407oyTnIwnB0zN3j1r$w7z$iYEHXrvbPgZXy7D #=qNvnlpDxb_SYrFuO$$8evOw==, Boolean #=qJU6W_Py$V4ZmcnD9dgsZeA==)
konum: #=q1bCUI36vwMdhEbhWfPV0dQ==.#=q4sG$4f$1nh5EbMpbr60xNlmGuRcGs2FJI1GiuZVnW_Y=(Exception #=q2DmOEBBEQdb2XUKDWMt1sg==, Boolean #=qDcOXA1fCF9IU0xV4V7SPZA==)
konum: #=q1bCUI36vwMdhEbhWfPV0dQ==.#=qSP_0zKxLu0vOfphHQxY$MA==.#=q$CloJmmbAM_fR3Xhnb98xhXjGM6gaYvzas62PiPcq2g=(Object #=qhUXl9DCLGmesWXSbUtvyCg==, ThreadExceptionEventArgs #=q2DmOEBBEQdb2XUKDWMt1sg==)
konum: System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.OnThreadException(Exception t)
konum: System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProcException(Exception e)
konum: System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnThreadException(Exception e)
konum: System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

It's in Turkish, don't understand anything from that so I can't translate sorry.
Kao

cherrypie01 wrote:

Kao wrote:

System.NullReferenceException: Nesne başvurusu bir nesnenin örneğine ayarlanmadı.
SPOILER
konum: #=qlTE6BFC$3qe5gNKmCubhu4VaQ5bnM5VQXJAti4cPT5UHG$SYSAA4ytwWlR5yQXRl.#=qBiGN34HjPoz4wpWn$kCzIH7l85br$bHF6iyjk$jMP58=()
konum: #=qIfXIf0SKSpQQAXZCE$yp6A==.#=qmpDXp7rgg3qxdHBAidhebQ==(Boolean #=qn8kPKj7pJvITR4n3I_Z8Eg==)
konum: #=q1bCUI36vwMdhEbhWfPV0dQ==.#=q0jYSwdPltFCTi2kCUMjwk0OAYBgDuLMV1uDsTCn0w$8=.#=qb83sgiyBKVlxLDfG08Ztmz43_BgYri4_niU1$dC3VhI=()
konum: #=qe7RXPpgs7b4tKYqiTk$7xgdqcDvlxqesLDVlnFRybB0=.#=qIbjsYEEv8agUe5bTtAcZvw==(#=qfa4Et34rPIUf7Z_qvj0sxPTIXy407oyTnIwnB0zN3j1r$w7z$iYEHXrvbPgZXy7D #=qNvnlpDxb_SYrFuO$$8evOw==, Boolean #=qJU6W_Py$V4ZmcnD9dgsZeA==)
konum: #=q1bCUI36vwMdhEbhWfPV0dQ==.#=q4sG$4f$1nh5EbMpbr60xNlmGuRcGs2FJI1GiuZVnW_Y=(Exception #=q2DmOEBBEQdb2XUKDWMt1sg==, Boolean #=qDcOXA1fCF9IU0xV4V7SPZA==)
konum: #=q1bCUI36vwMdhEbhWfPV0dQ==.#=qSP_0zKxLu0vOfphHQxY$MA==.#=q$CloJmmbAM_fR3Xhnb98xhXjGM6gaYvzas62PiPcq2g=(Object #=qhUXl9DCLGmesWXSbUtvyCg==, ThreadExceptionEventArgs #=q2DmOEBBEQdb2XUKDWMt1sg==)
konum: System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.OnThreadException(Exception t)
konum: System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProcException(Exception e)
konum: System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnThreadException(Exception e)
konum: System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

It's in Turkish, don't understand anything from that so I can't translate sorry.
Translated: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
The relevant line has lead me to this page
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4660 ... o-i-fix-it

Follow the steps here
https://communities.intel.com/thread/54630
Edit: I had to do intensive research on where his "completed solution" is through here and it was here
https://communities.intel.com/thread/54755

LSarsevicius wrote:

I solved my problem my self. Thanks all.
I downloaded This Driver first installed OpenGL from catalog then installed graphics driver from folder
Basically, your computer is screaming to update your drivers.
Topic Starter
cherrypie01
I have tried everything there but those didn't help. It seems for some reason my Intel graphics driver deleted itself or something. I recovered to a week ago and the problem seems solved. Maybe a Windows update caused it? Anyway thanks for your help.
Upskirt
If the problem occurs again.

You could uninstall your display driver then wipe the remaining portions of it with DDU.

To wipe it just run the .exe in the package and it will prompt for a safe mode boot, only do this once you've uninstalled the driver in Windows.

Next you will want to use this program to install the latest drivers for your on-board graphics.

Make sure to restart your PC after and then install the latest .net version and it should work.

Note: Your screen will change resolution to the lowest supported with no drivers installed, this is normal.
NeVMiku
I have the same problem. I now have to run osu! with iGPU which by the way is not bad, but it's not as smooth as running it with dGPU.
Kao
Could you make your own thread detailing your problems there? When you run with dGPU and it crashes, click on the crying pippi and post the log there.
Thanks
Pawsu

cherrypie01 wrote:

I have tried everything there but those didn't help. It seems for some reason my Intel graphics driver deleted itself or something. I recovered to a week ago and the problem seems solved. Maybe a Windows update caused it? Anyway thanks for your help.
Were you able to solve it? If not (or for future reference) please try downloading this and see if that works. Seems like it worked in another thread of the same problem.
Kao
I think he was able to solve it by rolling back updates which is the same as installing the old drivers which solved the problem in the thread you're talking about.

Seems like the new Intel drivers (From Windows Updates) are buggy in Windows 10
NeVMiku

Kao wrote:

I think he was able to solve it by rolling back updates which is the same as installing the old drivers which solved the problem in the thread you're talking about.

Seems like the new Intel drivers (From Windows Updates) are buggy in Windows 10
It did solve my problems but rather than installing the old version I'd rather you (OP) do a rollback instead. Just to make sure that Windows 10 doesn't automatically update it.
cuneytzerin
I found the solution for the openGI problem. So there are two graphic processor, and usually computer uses the nvidia graphic but osu uses intels graphic processor so you have to open nvidia control panel>3D settings>program settings, and find the osu in program list then there are three option. in second option you should select the "integrated graphic" then apply and start the game :D

In Turkish
beyler sorun osu oyunu nvidia yada kullandiginiz farkli grafik kartlarini kullanmayip intel grafik kartini kullanmasi yani pc de anakartta entegre olan intel kartini kulaniyo, nese nvidia denetim masasini aciyoruz ordan 3D ayarlarin yonetilmesi>program ayarlari seklinde ilerliyoruz ve program listesinden osu yu secip entegre grafik secenegini secip uygula diyoruz ve islem tamamlaniyor iyi oyunlar :D
Kao

cuneytzerin wrote:

I found the solution for the openGI problem. So there are two graphic processor, and usually computer uses the nvidia graphic but osu uses intels graphic processor so you have to open nvidia control panel>3D settings>program settings, and find the osu in program list then there are three option. in second option you should select the "integrated graphic" then apply and start the game :D
Both Integrated Graphics and the Nvdia Graphics should both work fine though
Running with the GPU should even make osu! Run smoother and faster

This was the case for me
It's probably because of misconfiguration in the settings

Enabling/Disabling compatibility mode might fix it too
Topic Starter
cherrypie01

Pawsu wrote:

Were you able to solve it? If not (or for future reference) please try downloading this and see if that works. Seems like it worked in another thread of the same problem.
It's me again, after a long time. As I said everything was fine for a long time after I did system reverting thing. Then I got an urge to update windows and after that old problems occured again. I used Pawsu's way and it worked. I guess it installed an older version of Intel drives, which is similar to my windows system backup thing (I don't know what it's called). I deactivated Windows update so I don't think I will have a problem anymore.

Forgot to mention, deleting and reinstalling osu! DID NOT help. Anyone else with the same problem, don't waste your time.
oneWhodongs
I was having the same issue. I recently got a new computer and tried to install osu and it did not work. But I did managed to find a fix for this. I tried downloading with the old installer and updating that to the new version. Osu seems to be working for me now.
ShomRush
Got the solution (worked for me. Don't know if it will for you) If you are using an nvidia gpu and you are having this problem try this
Go to your osu folder. Find osu!."Your Name".cfg (There will be your name or smth else) Find "CompatibilityContext" and "CanForceOptimusCompatibility" Set them to 0 (if you have 1 for exampel like this "CanForceOptimusCompatibility = 1") And everything should work :) (Sorry if there were any mistakes in text. I don't realy know enlish)
Venix
Please, don't bump old threads. This issue seems to be resolved.
Glxykat
My computer is having this problem, all the things are up to date so please if someone can help me with it, it will be greatly appreciated. im not a big tech person so idk what all those things mean
Dntm8kmeeatu

Glxykat wrote:

My computer is having this problem, all the things are up to date so please if someone can help me with it, it will be greatly appreciated. im not a big tech person so idk what all those things mean
Make a new post.