4025 posts jump | prev  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 269  next
Tempo Trainee
9 posts
osu! Alumni
1,873 posts
MLGnom wrote:
b) Unnecessary parts :
  • default-dot, default-comma, default-x.png, default-percent - are no longer used

Just to point something minor. Actually, this is still used if you change the following inside your skin.ini:
Code:
[Fonts]
ScorePrefix: default

(Use the above code on default/template skin and you'll see how the default-dot, default-comma, default-x.png, and default-percent looked like in-game) :P

Though if skinners wanted to use the same PNGs on both score numbers and hit circle numbers, they would rather make duplicate PNGs for both score numbers and hit circle numbers or do the following instead :P:
Code:
[Fonts]
HitCirclePrefix: score

So yeah, it's still under "Unnecessary parts" indeed, only with wrong reason.
Rhythm Rookie
2 posts
Hey,

Great guide you made i going make a skin soon!

Thanks,

Shenji
Cymbal Sounder
38 posts
I know I saw this somewhere on the forums, what is the max resolution size for backgrounds? I was making one for myself and 1920x1080 background didn't show in game.
Vocaloid Project Skin
special super secret skin TBA :3
Rhythm Incarnate
1,408 posts
When you are adding pictures as background, they need to be in "4:3" resolution. Please, use 1024x768 resolution for best effect.
(higher resolutions are cropped by osu! D:)
Cymbal Sounder
38 posts
Gah! Lack of widescreen support fail ;-;. Oh well.
Vocaloid Project Skin
special super secret skin TBA :3
Whistle Blower
20 posts
where could i find information regarding the .wav and .mp3 files in a skin? i tried switching out a large number of them and they simply.. don't work. my best guess would be that the files have to be the same length but.. i don't really know anything about it.
Rhythm Incarnate
2,653 posts
go one by one. Make sure the custom sounds are not corrupted.
It's only gay if the sliders touch.
My user page/links to my guides
Rhythm Rookie
2 posts
Thank you for the tutorial~ But I do have one question... How do I edit it? XD I'm an idiot, so I'm sorry if it was in the tutorial and I didn't understand.
Ok, so I download the template, and click on it, and it just opens it into osu! instead of like... GIMP or something... How do I open it to where I an edit it? ;D Thank you for reading this comment 0.0"
Put on some goggles
~<0-0>~
and ride an
AIRSHIP~
Rhythm Incarnate
1,408 posts
LawlietMatryoshka524 wrote:
Thank you for the tutorial~ But I do have one question... How do I edit it? XD I'm an idiot, so I'm sorry if it was in the tutorial and I didn't understand.
Ok, so I download the template, and click on it, and it just opens it into osu! instead of like... GIMP or something... How do I open it to where I an edit it? ;D Thank you for reading this comment 0.0"

You can find "Skins" folder in your osu! installation folder. Then just open template skin folder and edit any elements you can find there. :3
Tempo Trainee
5 posts
Tempo Trainee
5 posts
by the way, can i just make skin by my self and name it as in the game like comboburst0, comboburst1, and so on???
Whistle Blower
25 posts
Spinner Sage
135 posts
how to make "skin.ini"
Rhythm Incarnate
1,408 posts
-ajus- wrote:
how to make "skin.ini"

You can find it in template skin or any other skin that you can download. Just copy it and edit.
Reply 4025 posts jump | prev  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 269  next