forum

Navosu

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Drafura
Navosu project

Download and install
To install Navosu, just unzip the files into a folder and run Navosu.exe: Navosu v1.1.0.0
  1. If you get a Hydra error try to launch NavosuUpdater.exe or Navosu.exe with admin rights.
  2. osu! should be installed, Navosu will ask you the osu! installation folder (where osu!.exe is located). If you have separated song and skin folder, Navosu will ask you to locate them after selecting your osu!.exe directory.
  3. osu! is required for two reasons, firstly it is dumb to mod a map without osu!, and secondly in the future Navosu may with more osu! sub folders (like replays or chat logs to take a random example) selecting your osu! installation ensure that every updates will be compatible with your Navosu setup.
Features
Navosu is a tool you can use for modding and mapping purposes. Its main objective is to check a maximum amount of rules/guidelines in a mapset and generate customizable modding posts.
  1. Actually checks 74 differents possible issues on your mapset.
  2. You can edit multiple mapset at the same time.
  3. Those checks are made on the mapset, a beatmap, a game mode.
  4. You can correct some errors directly on Navosu and save the mapset/beatmap.
  5. A modpost can be generated to the clipboard. You can choose to uncheck some errors to avoid heavy post editing. (Please do not get kudosu if you don't modify anything on the modpost.
  6. Modpost colors can be customized.
  7. You can apply predifined processes on the map (like placing all objects in the center of the screen).
  8. A timing comparator allows you to identify quickly the timing differences beteween difficulties.
  9. A density graphic allows you to identify quicly missing breaks.
  10. A mapset backup can be made and is highly suggested to use because Navosu regenerate your entire .osu when you save it, so it may save errors because my code is far from perfect. You'll be safe with the backup in any cases.
  11. Alternate song path is supported.
  12. A rule glossary is integrated and reflect how Navosu checks the mapping rules and guidelines.
  13. You can play the song with Navosu while manipulating it (Because modding can be borring).
Coming next
An updater as been integrated so if the rules/guidelines changes you'll not have to worry about getting the last Navosu version. Modding is the main purpose of Navosu, but i'm aiming to extend the possibilities in the future.
  1. More rules checks.
  2. Jump distance graphic.
  3. A skin editor.
  4. Sampleset database.
  5. Useless timing section detection.
  6. More beatmap processes (suggestions are welcome).
FAQ

• Users
  1. How do I report a bug?
    - You can report it in to Drafura through forums private message. If it's a fatal error Navosu will ask you to send the error report to me, just press Send you can input a username if you plan to contact me about the report.
  2. How do I request a feature?
    - You can post here and talk with the community about it. If I see the interest in the feature I'll add it to the todo list.

Devs
  3. Wich language do you use to code Navosu?
    - WLanguage, it's a niche language mainly used in corporations data management. I started this project to learn more about this language, the objective was a job in a corporation using mainly this language. This is my actual job.
  4. Can you share the code?
    - Sadly I can't share easily the code. This language encapsulate the code into binary files so you can't access the code if you don't have the tool (Windev v20). If you have the tool and are interrested into my code just ask me through forum pm.
Topic Starter
Drafura
Validated feature requests
  1. New rule check: Minimum audio file is 128 kbps
  2. Mapset folder scan (This will allow general checks on the mapset's files like useless files).
  3. Fix rule check: In standard mode, slider ends and spinners can be muted
  4. Add the column number for OSM hitobjects overlap report
  5. Add detection of useless timing sections
  6. Add a new beatmap process: Script : Be able to add hitsounds on first / 2nd / 3d / 4th beat, with addition, or sample, clap whistle finish, and maybe be able to define a timeline where this happens
  7. Not setting any combo colors will not break any rules/guideline anymore (This may tend to change in the future but at least I'll have the case handled)
Known bugs
  1. Different issues have been detected with unicodes. It is highly suggested to make a backup with those maps before editing.
  2. UseSkinSprites is not parsed in the general section.
Pachiru
Je t'aime Drafura ♥
Asaiga
mirai zura
Bunnrei
wHOAH
Ascendance
awesome :D
J1NX1337
Nice program, I was hoping for a better alternative to the somewhat outdated AiBat!

One thing you might wanna add are timestamps to the changelog, will look further into it in a bit.

It crashed a couple times on startup but Windows seems to have fixed it with automatic compatibility settings. (using Windows 7)
Kimitakari
Topic Starter
Drafura
Does this occurs everytime ? Try to delete Hydra.ini
J1NX1337
That's the same error that I got, but it seems to have fixed itself.

Also what is this supposed to mean exactly?
Topic Starter
Drafura
You can right click on the error to check the rule.
J1NX1337

Drafura wrote:

You can right click on the error to check the rule.
Right, the mapset uses 5 different combo colours so I think something might be off in your code.

EDIT: Ok so for some reason the .osu doesn't have [Colours] in it at all but still has 5 different colours on the map.. weird.

EDIT 2: So basically if a mapset uses default combo colours, they're not included in the .osu file at all, there will be no [Colours] section. So you should edit the code first check if there is a [Colours] section, and then notify of insufficient combo colours if there are any.
Topic Starter
Drafura
Please link me the mapset for specific issues like this one.

Edit : As far as I know you must define combo colors to get your mapet ranked. Can anyone confirm this (QAT please) ?
Underforest

Asaiga wrote:

mirai zura
ZiRoX
Hype
puxtu
o nice
wajinshu
cool :3
riffy
What's wrong with inconsistent Tick Rate values, though? It is deteced as a problem/suggestion, but there is nothing wrong with it.

Oh, had a read of the RC again. Never thought this still existed. Great job on the program!
Kimitakari
Wheres the Hydra.ini?! I cant see it
Deif
I'm glad to see your program released to the public after such a long time. Good luck with the further development!
show more