forum

Highlighted channels

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
Seijiro
Ok, so, I tried searching for something similar but nothing came out so I apologize if this is a dupe.

My request here is pretty simple: whenever you receive an HL from someone in any channel make that channel blink/change color/<insert suggestion here>.
I know we have the #highlight channel but it's a bit uncomfortable when you have 3-4 (or more) channels opened and someone highlights you while you are typing somewhere else (osu doesn't make any sound if you're using the chat when someone highlights you, that's the main reason).
Also, by channel I mean "every" channel, PMs included, since they work the same when chat is opened (and I have too many tabs to notice when a new tab pops up)

Well, that's all I guess. Tell me if you think this could be a thing or not (if this even helps someone else besides me xD)
Bara-
Yes
I agree
Underforest

Baraatje123 wrote:

Yes
I agree
Stefan
I am very sure there is already a thread for this. Had to find it tho. I just leave this one for now.
Sea_Food
a
Topic Starter
Seijiro
Little bump since the other thread didn't show up yet :3
Dntm8kmeeatu
Plz do plz

Crude mock-up

vitail
i agree
MBomb
This feels kinda unnecessary in my eyes because whilst it doesn't make any noise if you have chat open, you can always check #highlight, and if that chat has new messages then you can easily tell whether you got hled. Just keep that on your first row or something.
Topic Starter
Seijiro
If you're typing anywhere while someone is HL-ing you somewhere else or is PM-ing you it's really easy to miss the HL.
I have around 10 channels in which I can be directly HL'd and checking continuously the #highlight channel becomes a tedious task when you're doing something else. (I would also end up checking the #highlight tab even when someone didn't HL me, which is the main reason when it comes to wasting time)

Probably you don't have enough channels opened at once, judging from your comment, but that can also be subjective so idk.
I also use HLs as a different tool in general so that's probably where we part ways in the reasoning behind the request.

Even if the usual notifications would pop up when chat is opened would be great too, which is probably something easier to get.
Axon
Cool idea
Topic Starter
Seijiro
Bump, the situation changed a bit, but the reason behind this request is still the same x)
Luqanted

Axon wrote:

Cool idea