forum

Better Map Searching and Organization

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +147
Topic Starter
Orion
More options to better search and organize beatmaps:
  • Search Commands
  1. #(collection/tag search) - Would search for maps located in collection or specified under a user end tag*.
  2. | - this is called a pipe it takes the result of the first argument and places it into the second. Example: "ar=9 | #<collection/tag name>" this would place all ar9 maps into a collection or under a tag
  3. accuracy<=>xx.xx - Searches based on accuracy percentage
  4. mod=(SD,PF,DT,NC,HT,HR,EZ,HD,FL,NF,SO) - List maps passed with selected mod(s) [Note: Should be able to enter multiple mods in search. Example: mod=DTHD) Suggested by: abraker
  5. rank<=>(SS,S,A,B,C,D) - Searches based on your current rank on a map
  6. status=(ranked,approved,pending,graveyard,qualified,notsubmitted)
*I have an idea for implementing tags. You would add them on a per beatmap basis to give the map characteristics. The tags would be user end only as it would cause a lot of skill gap problems otherwise. Examples: #Jumps #Deathstream(s) #1xMiss #PP #owmyfingers
  • Chat Commands
  1. !#<tagname> - Adds a tag to current map
  2. /rnp - Outputs a random song (from your playlist or from osu!'s online database?)
  • Clickables
  1. Add a "genre" option under "Group" - Suggested by: d33znutz
  2. Add a "recently played" option under "Sort" - (Currently can only search recently played under the "Group" option) Suggested by: Endaris
  3. Add a right click option to be able to add a tag to a map
Comment any ideas/thoughts you have. If you add to the list I'll link your name next to your idea.
Bara-
Yes please
OmegaR
mode=(standard,ctb,mania,taiko) would be great too
Exemmar
I totally agree. It's very impractical to write all those filters on your own, especially when you want to change something you wrote at the beginning and you have to delete everything after that single filter and rewrite it again. This would save lots of time and some nerves.

Wookiezi wrote:

Yep, it's so annoying when at least 1/4 of your maps aren't for std and you need to waste time to write "mode=osu" to get rid of the rest.
Endaris
Sorting(not grouping!) by recently played would be a dream.
Topic Starter
Orion

Endaris wrote:

Sorting(not grouping!) by recently played would be a dream.
I was just thinking about that yesterday. After a multi lobby I wanted to find one of the songs we played and didn't remember the title of it...had to scroll through a days worth of songs to find it. Kind of annoying.
Topic Starter
Orion
Updated the main post to make it more simple and easy to read
Bauxe

Wookiezi wrote:

These already exist. Just standard is osu. (mode=osu)
-NikoNiko-
Awesome Idea.
Would be great with a "sort by genre" as well. Every song has a genre in the forums or on the beatmap search site, why not in the game?
Whatever, promoted.
Topic Starter
Orion

d33znutz wrote:

Awesome Idea.
Would be great with a "sort by genre" as well. Every song has a genre in the forums or on the beatmap search site, why not in the game?
Whatever, promoted.
I think this would work better as a Group by option. I'll add it to the list. Thanks!
abraker
Filter by mods too!!!
mod = (SD, PF, DT, NC, HT, HR, EZ, HD, FL, NF, SO)
Topic Starter
Orion

abraker wrote:

Filter by mods too!!!
mod = (SD, PF, DT, NC, HT, HR, EZ, HD, FL, NF, SO)
Can you clarify? Do you mean by current active mod or the mod that was enabled on a song pass?
abraker
A way to isolate the maps which you played with mod X
Topic Starter
Orion

abraker wrote:

A way to isolate the maps which you played with mod X
Ah, I see. I'll add it.
abraker
I think "mod=DT & mod=HD" is easier to implement than "mod=DTHD" but at least it's on the list
Topic Starter
Orion

abraker wrote:

I think "mod=DT & mod=HD" is easier to implement than "mod=DTHD" but at least it's on the list
It wouldn't be hard. Just means a few extra lines of code. It would help for people looking up full mod plays. (mod=dthddrfl as opposed to mod=dt mod=hd mod=hr mod=fl) It would save a lot of room especially when you search for mod plays and then want to add tags/collections and ar cs or other specs
abraker
It might save room, but "mod=dthddrfl" is hard for me to read. It also looks less visually appealing to me. Maybe implement both?
Topic Starter
Orion

abraker wrote:

It might save room, but "mod=dthddrfl" is hard for me to read. It also looks less visually appealing to me. Maybe implement both?
Just with how coding works in general both would be implemented by coding the former