forum

[Archived] Cursor trail not disappearing after idle

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Slvr99
Problem Details:
After idling in osu! or just having it open for a while (Maybe 45 minutes to an hour or so) the cursor trail stops disappearing properly. This issue only happens on high framerates (Unlimited or somewhere around 800FPS) and happens with any cursor trail that trails with no breaks, even skins. I first noticed the issue a few days back.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150820.1cuttingedge
Trosk-
This is known, and the cause of it is not determined yet. It just happens sometimes when you minimize the game and then go back into it.

See p/4363331

Tom94 wrote:

Trosk- wrote:

Problem Details: Cursor trail expands if osu! has been minimized for a while. The longer you had osu! minimized, the longer this effect will last.

It doesn't happen always, I'm trying to figure out when it happens.

Posting this on CE thread because I couldn't replicate it on Stable.

Sorry if this is a duplicate, I didn't find anything about this. I don't think that anyone didn't noticed of this before tho, so, maybe it's a duplicate.

This one has been happening rarely and randomly since years ago, including stable. Would be awesome if you'd find a semi-reliable way of triggering it.
Topic Starter
Slvr99

Trosk- wrote:

This is known, and the cause of it is not determined yet. It just happens sometimes when you minimize the game and then go back into it.

See p/4363331
Ah, sorry. I should've searched before posting! =P
VeilStar
Seems like a different issue. I could be wrong though.

From my experience with the issue you quoted it's only slightly longer and goes back to normal quite quickly.
The screenshot Slvr99 seems much more extreme.

Whatever the case, mind re-posting this in the cutting edge thread? t/259747
Trosk-

VeilStar wrote:

Probably because on his screenshot, the cursor has cursormiddle. I could be wrong, but I guess it's because of that.
Topic Starter
Slvr99

Trosk- wrote:

VeilStar wrote:

Probably because on his screenshot, the cursor has cursormiddle. I could be wrong, but I guess it's because of that.
I'm using the default skin and this happens with even skins without a middle that have a smooth trail. This issue for me appeared to not fix itself unless I reset the game. It continued into any map and even stops during breaks if I use Unlimited(Gameplay) Framerate limiter which it resumes during the game.
WubWoofBacon
Just use a skin with a blank cursortrail.png That way theres no trail for it to leave :^)
Trosk-

Slvr99 wrote:

I'm using the default skin and this happens with even skins without a middle that have a smooth trail. This issue for me appeared to not fix itself unless I reset the game. It continued into any map and even stops during breaks if I use Unlimited(Gameplay) Framerate limiter which it resumes during the game.
I still think it's the same issue that I mentioned before, but now after reading that I'm starting to have doubts about it.

And well, probably you are confusing the "this happens with even skins without a middle that have a smooth trail" part, since if a skin have a blank cursormiddle, the cursortrail effect changes.

Anyways, I'll try to replicate this, and if I get this effect, I'll change to the default skin and see if the same thing happens, because when I got this issue, I was using skins without cursormiddle.

---------------------------------------------------

BanchoBot wrote:

Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Avoid cursor trail becoming unresponsive after a while at high frame rates. (Tom94)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150821.2cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
p/4442263

Now let's see if it keeps happening.
VeilStar
If it happens again post in the cutting edge thread please.