forum

[added] Remove Highlights from /np'd Songs

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Bearizm

there's no reason to get highlighted by something stupid like when someone /np's a song that contains your name on it. remove the ability of /np to highlight people! it's really annoying.
Jenny

Topic Starter
Bearizm
take all my lmFAoS
Bara-
Then remove the highlight Bear
Bear (just as some other words) are really common words, thus you get a lot of highlights you don't even want, in that case, just remove the highlight
I for example set "Qualified" to Highlight, to get a message when a map gets qualified (to ninja #1)
However, I do get high amounts of irrelevant highlights, but that's just my choice (okay, closing #osu, #help and #modhelp helps a lot tho)
Also, as a mapper, I really don't want that
I'd like to know when someone plays a map, my diff
For example artist-title - Baraatje123's diff
In this case, the highlight is correct
You can also support this and then get a different highlight
Topic Starter
Bearizm

Baraatje123 wrote:

Then remove the highlight Bear
Bear (just as some other words) are really common words, thus you get a lot of highlights you don't even want, in that case, just remove the highlight
I for example set "Qualified" to Highlight, to get a message when a map gets qualified (to ninja #1)
However, I do get high amounts of irrelevant highlights, but that's just my choice (okay, closing #osu, #help and #modhelp helps a lot tho)
Also, as a mapper, I really don't want that
I'd like to know when someone plays a map, my diff
For example artist-title - Baraatje123's diff
In this case, the highlight is correct
You can also support this and then get a different highlight
But people call me bear, they don't call me Bearizm. I guess some people would like that, but some are sick of it. Better make it something optional.. It does get annoying. Especially for people that name themselves with a word, like an original name. I mean, it would drive me crazy.

Example: https://osu.ppy.sh/u/Hard

I wouldn't want to know how many HLs this guy gets everytime he gets online. It should be an option to turn it off.
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Fix /np highlighting users (override with config setting AllowNowPlayingHighlights). (peppy)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150805.1cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
Bara-
That went fast O.o
Topic Starter
Bearizm
woo hell yeah!
Kamikaze
To be honest banchobot announcements when someone gets #1 on a map which has one of your HLs in title shouldn't HL as well. Like for example

this is annoying more than pepole /np'ing imo
Topic Starter
Bearizm
yeah, highlights from songs in general is pretty annoying. Should include in the feature as well :D
Bara-
Ah well
As it's a toggle, I'm completely fine by it