forum

[resolved] Refusing supporter gifts or giving them to someone else

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +6
Topic Starter
Elessey
My connection isn't really good, the downloads stop in the middle and I can't pause and continue a download with osu!direct, I have to restart all over. However with Internet Download Manager, I can download maps faster without any problem.
So I've stopped being an osu! supporter mainly because I can't enjoy osu!direct properly. But someone gifted me supporter and I am probably going to have the same problems again. I can't refuse or transfer my supporter status to someone else. It would be a good thing that players could refuse the supporter status or give it to another player.
leepdesu
aren't you happy that someone actually cared to give you supporter?
even with supporter, you still can download maps from your browser
I don't see the point of this request
7ambda

-LeeP- wrote:

aren't you happy that someone actually cared to give you supporter?
even with supporter, you still can download maps from your browser
I don't see the point of this request
Wise words right here. ^
Topic Starter
Elessey
I was able to open links to my brower on the exact page of the beatmap. Now I have to type it and look for the right one, which takes more time, especially when there are a lot of different maps for the same song. I do enjoy the friends rankings, the background, etc. It's just that I could do fine without osu!direct.
The point is that if being supporter is less enjoyable for me, I should be able to refuse the gift or give it to someone else. I appreciate the gesture, but it's not making things easier for me.
Full Tablet

Elessey wrote:

I was able to open links to my brower on the exact page of the beatmap. Now I have to type it and look for the right one, which takes more time, especially when there are a lot of different maps for the same song. I do enjoy the friends rankings, the background, etc. It's just that I could do fine without osu!direct.
The point is that if being supporter is less enjoyable for me, I should be able to refuse the gift or give it to someone else. I appreciate the gesture, but it's not making things easier for me.
When you click on a beatmap link, you can choose "View Listing" to view the beatmap page.

You can't use Internet Download Manager properly if you aren't a supporter (it limits to 1 connection per download, which reduces the speed benefit of using the program).
Kibbleru

Full Tablet wrote:

Elessey wrote:

When you click on a beatmap link, you can choose "View Listing" to view the beatmap page.

You can't use Internet Download Manager properly if you aren't a supporter (it limits to 1 connection per download, which reduces the speed benefit of using the program).
actually i think his problem here is that. without supporter he can click on a map link which will link him directly to his browser.
now that he has supporter, it forces open that supporter tab on the right, and if that is bugged for him, then he wouldn't be able to do anything with that, which forces him to manually type in the link. i can imagine his sttruggle
Topic Starter
Elessey
I tried and it worked thanks. It worked half the time when I had supporter before. It works with links in chats but it starts the downloads itself when I'm spectating someone and when I'm in a multi, sometimes I get the options sometimes it starts directly.
I bought IDM so I have no restrictions except that the more downloads, the slower it is. But even with just one download, on rush hours, I download faster with IDM. osu!direct downloads then slows down completely. With IDM, I have the possibilty to pause and resume when it slows down completely, then it resumes at full speed. I can't do that with osu!direct, I have to restart the download completely. Having the possibility to pause and resume downloads without having to restart would be nice for me.
Full Tablet
In the "Integration" section of the game options, disable auto-downloading with osu!direct when spectating or playing multi.
Topic Starter
Elessey
That solves the problem completely, I can go to the beatmap pages whether it's from the chat links, the multiplayer or when spectating someone. Thanks.
Oinari-sama
Also for future references, there's a request for disabling osu!direct: t/129972

That request probably has more chance of happening more than this one, albeit slim.