forum

[invalid] [Web] Show preferred mode in BAT listing

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Bara-
http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Beatmap_Appreciation_Team

This page lists all BATs, and there are quite a lot
I have troubles finding out who is a BAT for what mode, especcially the new BATs, and CtB/Standard BATs

http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Quality_Assurance_Team

Can't it be made like this?
deadbeat
no. i've already had this discussion with loctav. the reason it's like this is the BAT are free to qualify whatever they feel comfortable with. that's why they don't have game mode icons with their name anymore.
Topic Starter
Bara-
Oh, but why do the QAT have them then?
Also, I'm asking this, because having to check everyones profile, and see they are only capable of Standard and CtB, and you are looking for Taiko/Mania mods/icons/bubbles/qualifications, it pretty annoying
Maybe it's just me though ;-;
deadbeat
the QAT are more specialized modders. it's more important that people know what game mode they focus on as opposed to the BAT who aren't as focused on a particular game mode
Nwolf
taiko forum has a list of taiko-specific BATs (that excludes the ones atm that are able to mod taiko but primarily do std or sth), the other modes could start one as wel
CXu
Uhh okay, they're free to qualify what they're comfortable with, so why not add icons for what they're comfortable with? It's much more convenient than having to ask them/look at their profile to find out who to ask to mod a map, and it'd probably be less annoying to BATs as well so they dont have to answer "no I don't mod std/taiko/ctb/mania" all the time (if that happens).
xxdeathx

haha lol i dunno
Topic Starter
Bara-

CXu wrote:

Uhh okay, they're free to qualify what they're comfortable with, so why not add icons for what they're comfortable with? It's much more convenient than having to ask them/look at their profile to find out who to ask to mod a map, and it'd probably be less annoying to BATs as well so they dont have to answer "no I don't mod std/taiko/ctb/mania" all the time (if that happens).
This is actually what I wanted to xD
Topic Starter
Bara-
Okay
Now with the BA's having lost their color, making it even harder to find out which mode they are best add, I think it's safe to bump this, so it can get unmarked
Before, you could see the red names in the mode forums, and you'll know, he is good for this mode
But now that the colors are gone, it's incredibly hard to find it out
I'm sorry for bumping, but please give this a second try because of modding v2
deadbeat
would you like a list of who takes requests as well?
Topic Starter
Bara-
How do you mean that?
deadbeat
you want to know who modes what without having to actually look around profiles. how do you know if that person even takes requests. just take a few minutes to actually go out and look. it's not hard
Topic Starter
Bara-
Ohw
That's what you meant with requests

That's true, but if you are looking for a CtB BA, you'll have to search through the list and find someone you know, or just click on everything
If there are 5CtB BA's, and 50 in total, you need to click on an averag of 9 BA's before finding a CTB BA
If you know who are BA for CtB, you only have to look at 5 profiles, instead of all 50
Just a small convenience

God, you have no idea how many times I typed BAT instead of BA
- Marco -
I support this ;w;
Granger
I agree with this aswell, even trough i dont map (or rather not submit my turd).

Id think its fairly obvious to see why this is a issue, expecially if you need BAs for a specific mode. Why not have something like the peripial indicator on the profile for the BA's (or any modder really) to indicate which modes they mod for?
This information then can be automatically processed into this list without anyone having to add it manually or anything, convient for mappers, modders (including BA's) and staff too, its win win.
Topic Starter
Bara-
Yes
That is also really good
But please unmark this, as many people agree with this