forum

[invalid] Expand the Mania game mod "Random" to all game modes

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Mwallx
Hey guys here i'm going to propose a new feature. I dont know wether it's duplicate,so i just put a new request.
As we know, there is a random mod in mania(maybe people who dont play mania seldom noticed it).People use it
for different game experience when play the same song.(if you dont know how it works plz check it yourself in game)
So i'd like to see this mod to be expanded to other game mod(std ctb and taiko).And here's my opinion about how it works.
For std:The patterns are the same but their position changed randomly, and surely their distance is the same.Specailly,
it needs to recognise a smooth stream so that the stream will still be a smooth stream instead of notes going randomly.
For ctb:just convert from std.
For taiko:Instead of all notes changing their colors(that will be a mirrior change and i think it's meaningless),only notes
of some bars change their colors.For example, xxoox |(this is a bar endline)xxxoo will be changed to xxoox | oooxx.
I dont know if i have made it clear(plz forgive my poor english).I'm really looking forward to see it be implemented,
and thanks for reading. :)
deadbeat
i can see this going wrong in so many ways
Oinari-sama
For standard see t/192999

For Taiko this will mess up the hitsound big time though...
dani
i'm agree with that +1
Topic Starter
Mwallx

Oinari-sama wrote:

Why will it mess up hitsounds?
Nanatsu
ok, i agree it somehow. if the random mode will not apply to song ranking.

i guess it can be a way to make game fun and creative for player who likes randomly patterns.
Topic Starter
Mwallx

deadbeat wrote:

i can see this going wrong in so many ways
It goes well in mania,and i agree it's difiicult to be implemented in std,
but i think it's worth a try
deadbeat
i disagree. osu!mania and osu!standard are very different game modes. it's not a good idea to assume that just because it works well in one game mode, it'll work well in the other.
Oinari-sama
The blue/red notes produce different hitsound. If you randomly change note colour it may not produce the same "musical feeling" anymore.
Stefan

Mwalls Ho wrote:

Oinari-sama wrote:

Why will it mess up hitsounds?
Unlike osu!mania this replace in the whole difficulty the pattern and the rhythm. Having bad placed hitsounds and/or pattern/streams feels terrible to play and makes the experience in Taiko worse than better. something like the Random Mod won't work for other gameplays than o!m. We can say it's something special which is exclusive made for osu!mania like you can - which is not official - play "Dodge the Beat" in CTB where you're avoid catching any fruits. And this does not work for anything else, obvious reason why.
Topic Starter
Mwallx

Oinari-sama wrote:

The blue/red notes produce different hitsound. If you randomly change note colour it may not produce the same "musical feeling" anymore.
Many taiko songs use original hitsound,and i think it will not bother much.
As for maps with customed hitsound,just correspond them with the notes
- Marco -
how about in CtB?
deadbeat
CtB uses the x-axis of the editor for note placement. simple as that. any form of randomizing note placement could ruin the flow. hardrock also does a good enough job screwing that over :<
Sakura

Mwalls Ho wrote:

Oinari-sama wrote:

You don't get it.
The color of the notes determines the hitsound produced, randomizing them around will also in turn randomize the hitsounding of the map which will not sound nor play good.
Stefan

Mwalls Ho wrote:

Oinari-sama wrote:

Taiko builds on Hitsounds, not on Notes mainly.
Kuro
If this mod ever came to Taiko, it would sound like shit.
Taiko maps only have dons and kats and it's hitsounds are tied specifically to their respective counterpart. If you randomize it, I 100% guarantee that it WILL sound like garbage.

Unless.... only the colors get randomized? However.... that would still break taiko hitsounding because dons would sound like kats and vice versa.
Topic Starter
Mwallx

Stefan wrote:

Unlike osu!mania this replace in the whole difficulty the pattern and the rhythm. Having bad placed hitsounds and/or pattern/streams feels terrible to play and makes the experience in Taiko worse than better. something like the Random Mod won't work for other gameplays than o!m. We can say it's something special which is exclusive made for osu!mania like you can - which is not official - play "Dodge the Beat" in CTB where you're avoid catching any fruits. And this does not work for anything else, obvious reason why.
I dont know if you have understood me but change in the way i mentioned will not change the difficult much because
jumps will still be jumps.A little difficulty in std for example 5.8★ to 6★ is acceptable i think.
And patterns chnage in taiko can be called"partly mirror change" so "xxoox" will be "ooxxo" instead of "xoxox"
and this dont change the difficulty too.
Sakura
That still doesnt work, it's like swapping the last phrase of a verse with the first of the next in a song, or heck even with the first line of the chorus, since Taiko barlines come every measure.
deadbeat
you don't seem to understand either. taiko is build around hitsounding. changing xxoox to xooxx or whatever changes the hitsound, and thus, the gameplay
Kuro

Mwalls Ho wrote:

Stefan wrote:

I dont know if you have understood me but change in the way i mentioned will not change the difficult much because
jumps will still be jumps.A little difficulty in std for example 5.8★ to 6★ is acceptable i think.
And patterns chnage in taiko can be called"partly mirror change" so "xxoox" will be "ooxxo" instead of "xoxox"
and this dont change the difficulty too.
Since taiko hitsounding builds upon the sounds and vocals in music, "mirroring" it still wouldn't work because you'd have conflicting sounds throughout the entire song.
It'd be like "hitsounds vs. music" instead of "hitsounds + music".
show more