forum

LeaF - Evanescent

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Charles445
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, October 30, 2014 at 6:57:58 PM

Artist: LeaF
Title: Evanescent
Source: BMS
Tags: MBC6 Optie POST DRUM'N'BASS dnb bof bms of fighters sen-goku 戦國
BPM: 190
Filesize: 20130kb
Play Time: 02:04
Difficulties Available:
  1. Aspire (5.78 stars, 746 notes)
Download: LeaF - Evanescent
Download: LeaF - Evanescent (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Warning !   This map breaks the rules !

Sight-readability and fun not guaranteed. Feel free to never play this map.

Monthly Beatmapping Contest #6 - Aspire

This is the winning entry to the sixth mapping contest, "Aspire", where traditional game rules could be ignored in order to make a very gimmicky difficulty. Download with video!

This difficulty is not meant to be taken seriously, and the gimmicky patterns seen in this difficulty are not recommended for use in serious maps.
Skystar
woah
Kyubey
hi
Lust
Again? Great!
Kinshara

Amamiya Yuko wrote:

woah
skystar has been beat?

Congrats Charles!
Rumia-
holy shit ;w; this is too gud
xxdeathx
commenting to be a part of history
Nyxa
I really wonder what the other entries are like. Winning twice is pretty impressive, though. Congrats.
jonathanlfj
wrath of the true elite mapper

01:48:617 (1) - best slider 2014
Topic Starter
Charles445
TY based BSS for not giving me an audio preview.

Anyway uh, mods are appreciated, a lot of this stuff is a little iffy, like the breakdown at 01:18:933 - where circlestreamjumps are used.
I'm not 100% sure that these are fair since they are designed to be strictly antiflow and it's a high BPM.
Pappy

xxdeathx wrote:

commenting to be a part of history
Congratulations Charles. ;)
Timorisu

jonathanlfj wrote:

01:48:617 (1) - best slider 2014
Frostmourne
Someone asked me to look at this.

Aspire
00:23:196 (5) - should be NC to differ between 1/2 and 1/4 as done on 00:13:090 (1) - 00:20:512 (4) -
00:52:722 (3,1,2) - these jumps are impossible to play without a miss. It could be possible but it's extremely rare
00:55:196 (x) - possible to add a note here to fit with the music if it didn't break the patterns
00:57:459 (1,2) - might be more possible than 00:52:722
01:18:933 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2) - need more experienced players than me tell if it's possible to play (I say no)
01:20:906 (2,1) - ^
01:21:301 (5,1,2,1) - ^
01:21:933 (5,1,2,1) - ^

no problem with wiggle sliders. They are able to play and read after some retries.
It may need some more higher experienced players than me for more opinions if you are going to make it more playble.

in case you want to see how it actually plays by human => http://puu.sh/ctdFI.osr
Topic Starter
Charles445
Thanks for mod and replay, will definitely be using the replay for research on some of the patterns.
Looking for more tests/mods, then will apply stuff later.
silmarilen

Frostmourne wrote:

no problem with wiggle sliders. They are able to play and read after some retries.
no no no no no

Every slider must have a clear and visible path to follow from start to end. Sliders which overlap themselves in a way that makes any section unreadable or ambiguous (including "burai sliders") cannot be used. This is so that no slider has an appearance that is confusing or impossible for the player to read. Additionally, the slider borders must never be covered up from the slider being packed in too tightly. However, sliders that cross over themselves are fine as long as the borders are clearly visible.
this is clearly not allowed by the ranking criteria.

same goes for the other sliders that this applies to.

really, how can so many people, that are supposed to handle the quality of our beatmaps, be ok with something so blatantly unrankable?
im amazed.
Nyxa
Because the standard ranking criteria doesn't apply in this contest, silmarilen. That's the whole point. It has to be playable by a human, I believe. Nothing more. 2B diffs and stuff would be fine for this contest.
silmarilen
that's nice and all, but if you want to get a map ranked you cant just throw away the ranking criteria just because some contest said you didnt need to follow them.
_dog
gg

silmarilen is right btw
Topic Starter
Charles445

silmarilen wrote:

this is clearly not allowed by the ranking criteria.

same goes for the other sliders that this applies to.

really, how can so many people, that are supposed to handle the quality of our beatmaps, be ok with something so blatantly unrankable?
im amazed.

TheGrimOfCrazy wrote:

gg

silmarilen is right btw
8/8
captin1
the ignorance is strong with this one

sweet stuff, grats on winning

Edit: frosty gave a replay so I'll throw one too http://puu.sh/ctF0o.osr

Frostmourne wrote:

Someone asked me to look at this.

01:18:933 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2) - need more experienced players than me tell if it's possible to play (I say no)
01:20:906 (2,1) - ^
01:21:301 (5,1,2,1) - ^
01:21:933 (5,1,2,1) - ^ this is the only one I had significant trouble with every time, the rest I've been able to hit and understand how to do them well enough
show more