forum

C418 - minecraft music discs - ward [Osu|CatchTheBeat]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RasmusOlle
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on den 25 februari 2016 at 19:57:42

Artist: C418
Title: minecraft music discs - ward
Source: minecraft
BPM: 15
Filesize: 4017kb
Play Time: 00:23
Difficulties Available:
  1. Beginner (0,63 stars, 13 notes)
  2. Normal (0,88 stars, 41 notes)
  3. Test (0,17 stars, 120 notes)
Download: C418 - minecraft music discs - ward
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
from one of the minecraft music discs!
its not finished!
chancelog:
2.0 first noted version, having a background for normal, and much more
2.0.0.1 chanching name from minecraft music discs to minecraft music discs-ward
2.1.0.1 making a longer beginner!
2.2 fixing mentioned things in kyledinnys mod
2.2.0.1 fixing some few things and making a longer beginner
2.2.0.2 fixing a too fast note in normal, hope the diffculty is chanced
modders:
kyledinny
Jaltzu
Hello, random mod:
(I know it's really incomplete, but I'll still say something)
GENERAL
Hitsound volume WAY too loud. Maybe around 25% would be ok.
BPM: 107 (Before ~00:36:000 it's half of that = 53,5). If you can't find the right offsets, put this to timing checkup queue. The whole map is build on top of the timing, so first get this right.
Is the music title really that?
You need to set audio preview point

NORMAL
It's impossible to mod anything exact since timing is off.
Maybe use AR4?
Remember to use distance snap ALL THE TIME in easy & normal diffs.
Don't make too long combos
You are using too long sliders.
00:00:000 (1,2) - No overlaps, pls.
00:06:750 (3,4,5) - These make no sense in the music.
00:22:500 (1) - Too long, bad looking (needs curves), got reverses... Just horrible, horrible slider.
00:46:625 (3) - Too many reverses.

That's all there is to say about this now...
Topic Starter
RasmusOlle

Jaltzu wrote:

Hello, random mod:
(I know it's really incomplete, but I'll still say something)
GENERAL
Hitsound volume WAY too loud. Maybe around 25% would be ok.
BPM: 107 (Before ~00:36:000 it's half of that = 53,5). If you can't find the right offsets, put this to timing checkup queue. The whole map is build on top of the timing, so first get this right.
Is the music title really that?
You need to set audio preview point

NORMAL
It's impossible to mod anything exact since timing is off.
Maybe use AR4?
Remember to use distance snap ALL THE TIME in easy & normal diffs.
Don't make too long combos
You are using too long sliders.
00:00:000 (1,2) - No overlaps, pls.
00:06:750 (3,4,5) - These make no sense in the music.
00:22:500 (1) - Too long, bad looking (needs curves), got reverses... Just horrible, horrible slider.
00:46:625 (3) - Too many reverses.

That's all there is to say about this now...
general
1. just tune the volume down, why you said that was because you are lazy
2. FOR THE LAST TIME, THE TIMING IS CORRECT!
3. its ward, but it sounds better with "minecraft music discs" and i are working on having other music discs from minecraft, im just too lazy ;)
4. sorry, what?

Normal
1. FOR THE LAST TIME, THE TIMING IS CORRECT!
2. wait, what?
3. im doing that!
4. cheez, report things that makes sense
5. hear the song, the sliders are perfect in 100% to the song
6. what do you mean? i dont see any overlaps
7. yes they do, just listen closer and you will hear it
8. cheez, are you not pleased with any sliders that im making?
9. what shall i have instead?

if your modding shall make any sense, report things that makes sense :D
Jaltzu

RasmusOlle wrote:

What gamemode are you playing on? If all the things are in osu! Osu!mania so will i ignore it, if you mod in CTB or taiko will i fix it!
You made this as a osu!std mapset, so of course I'm modding in osu!std.
Go to Editor -> song setup -> Advanced. There you can see 'Allowed Modes'. If it says 'All', it means that that map will automatically be Osu!std (it says all, because standard converts to all other modes). If you want to make any other mode specificly, you must choose that mode.

RasmusOlle wrote:

general
1. just tune the volume down, why you said that was because you are lazy
2. FOR THE LAST TIME, THE TIMING IS CORRECT!
3. its ward, but it sounds better with "minecraft music discs" and i are working on having other music discs from minecraft, im just too lazy ;)
4. sorry, what?
1.I don't mean that the sounds are breaking my ears or anything.-_- They overpower the music, that's the problem.
2.Nope.
3.Well, you should change it to the real name if you ever want this ranked...
4.Audio preview point is the point where music starts when you click the map in osu! (when it's selected). Add it from Timing -> Set Current Position as Preview Point.

RasmusOlle wrote:

Normal
1. FOR THE LAST TIME, THE TIMING IS CORRECT!
2. wait, what?
3. im doing that!
4. cheez, report things that makes sense
5. hear the song, the sliders are perfect in 100% to the song
6. what do you mean? i dont see any overlaps
7. yes they do, just listen closer and you will hear it
8. cheez, are you not pleased with any sliders that im making?
9. what shall i have instead?
1.The timing just can't be correct. First of all, Beginner has BPM 15 and normal has BPM 120. BPM is basically the tempo of the song, so it can't be different.
2. Approach rate 4. From song setup -> Difficulty
3.No, you're not. Check AiMod (File->Open AiMod). Check the box saying 'Check distance snap' and press 'Refresh'. A lot of errors, right?
4.Combos are one of the most basic things in mapping. They are applied from 'New Combo' -sign in the right. Check other maps how it should be used.
5.Even if sliders are going according to the music, they can still be too long.
6.00:00:000 (1) - is going straight through 00:02:000 (2,3).
7.That part is there is just the weird rattling noise, that should be left unmapped imo.
8.I'm not sure if this is good with ctb...
9.Multiple sliders with less reverses.
kakifly
quick mod since i noticed a few things :/

This beatmap still requires a lot of work for it to be rankable

BPM must be the same throughout all the diff (THAT MEANS 120 ON BOTH DIFFS PLEASE) right now you have 15 bpm on beginner, why?? also please do not use 1/16 snap divisor.. a warning even comes up

please also check aimod (press ctrl+shift+a) on both diffs

you should consider adding kiai time (chorus) through timing > timing setup and add a background for normal as well

there are no tags.. you should add some. some suitable tags are [other names the artists uses] [person who wrote the song] 'mojang' maybe? i mean minecraft is made by them right? etc

first of all i think you chose a really hard song to map, it lacks a lot of music and a lot of times you are mapping nothing but weird cracky sounds in the music which i dont feel should be mapped at all.

you still require a lot of experience to become a better mapper; here is a helpful guide by inverness that can help you arrange notes neatly, (yes! it is not just the beat that matters!) please at least look over it t/208596

since you seem like a beginner mapper i recommend having a consistent beat, what does that mean? it means even spacings of notes on the timeline, right now the notes are all over the place without considering a beat!

hear me out on this : a player who has never heard this song plays it, how will they know when to play a note? sure they can look at the approach circle but that makes the map tiring and not fun at all. and when i say even out spacing i dont mean mapping where theres no music.

take a look on some ranked/good maps for ideas; since your map in the current state is extremely hard to mod

sorry if i dont make much sense im bad at explaining stuff, but good luck on your map !
Topic Starter
RasmusOlle

Hollow Wings wrote:

from Scorpiour's Modding Queue

49s?? lol wtfff

no kds

General

1. add bg!!!
  2. just check aimod by urself
  3. plz set objs following music, i can hardly call this a beatmap
  4. alright, not finished, i can say nothing
anyway, good luck
made pretty much all that, you will get a kudosu too!

kakifly wrote:

quick mod since i noticed a few things :/

This beatmap still requires a lot of work for it to be rankable

BPM must be the same throughout all the diff (THAT MEANS 120 ON BOTH DIFFS PLEASE) right now you have 15 bpm on beginner, why?? also please do not use 1/16 snap divisor.. a warning even comes up

please also check aimod (press ctrl+shift+a) on both diffs

you should consider adding kiai time (chorus) through timing > timing setup and add a background for normal as well

there are no tags.. you should add some. some suitable tags are [other names the artists uses] [person who wrote the song] 'mojang' maybe? i mean minecraft is made by them right? etc

first of all i think you chose a really hard song to map, it lacks a lot of music and a lot of times you are mapping nothing but weird cracky sounds in the music which i dont feel should be mapped at all.

you still require a lot of experience to become a better mapper; here is a helpful guide by inverness that can help you arrange notes neatly, (yes! it is not just the beat that matters!) please at least look over it t/208596

since you seem like a beginner mapper i recommend having a consistent beat, what does that mean? it means even spacings of notes on the timeline, right now the notes are all over the place without considering a beat!

hear me out on this : a player who has never heard this song plays it, how will they know when to play a note? sure they can look at the approach circle but that makes the map tiring and not fun at all. and when i say even out spacing i dont mean mapping where theres no music.

take a look on some ranked/good maps for ideas; since your map in the current state is extremely hard to mod

sorry if i dont make much sense im bad at explaining stuff, but good luck on your map !
1. its for first time users, thats why i have BPM so low
2. AImod just reports osu!std errors and its optimized for CTB, but i dont like the locking of a gamemode
3. wait, what?
4. what?
5. cheez
6. yes i know
7. what?
8. in 2.0, i have made the hitsounds quiter so you will hear "the missed beats"
9. *fills empty answer space*
kakifly
uh i dont know much about ctb but im sure you cannot have different bpm on both diffs :/ it says in the ranking criteria

slowly backs off and runs away
Topic Starter
RasmusOlle

kakifly wrote:

uh i dont know much about ctb but im sure you cannot have different bpm on both diffs :/ it says in the ranking criteria

I HAVE SAID FOR THE 1000000 TIME, THE SLOW BPM IS BECAUSE FIRST-TIME PLAYERS SHALL PLAY BEGINNER
sheela

RasmusOlle wrote:

kakifly wrote:

I HAVE SAID FOR THE 1000000 TIME, THE SLOW BPM IS BECAUSE FIRST-TIME PLAYERS SHALL PLAY BEGINNER
You don't get it. A song has a single BPM. No need to put another BPM to an easy difficulty.
The actual BPM is 107.
Offset: -6
If a BAT tells you that the timing is wrong, would you skip it or take it?
Also, NO KUDOSU please.
Dolphin
You're not supposed to optimize a standard difficulty for other modes you're supposed to optimize it for standard.
captin1
holy shit this is comedic gold

bpm 107 for both diffs seems to be the consensus
Spayyce

Dainesl wrote:

Use your common sense dammit, have you learned anything regarding EVEN THE MOST BASIC of musical concepts? If not, learn some more and then come back to osu!, 'cause I don't think that rhythm games would be right for you.
One of the rules of the section is don't put players down, and I think you are.

O well. I want to mod dis.

[General]

Rename the map : C418 - Minecraft Music Discs
Make sure BPM's are consistent, the sliders don't like different BPM. I don't either and I will rek you 1v1roblox.
Beginner doesn't have a BG, make it sxc like the other one.
Vile.

[Beginner]
lel 1/16 is highly scrutinised please make it 1/1, the new players love that stuff.

[Normal]
00:02:500 (3) - Move this note to 00:02:250 (3) for better consistency and a good map to the music
00:03:000 (1) - This is unnecissary, loooll the music don't even change, heellll nawww.
00:07:500 (5) - Dis finish doe, I don't like it, lol kill it.
00:14:625 (9,1) - Seperate des plz, unwankable.
00:14:625 (9,1,2) - "Hard" jump, for the diff.
00:18:250 (1) - Lazy, please map the break out <3
00:30:875 (4) - Add a note here please for more consistency
00:32:500 (7,8) - Unwankable for the same reason as the other one.

Overall: Need quite a bit of improvement, and needs finishing overall it will turn out nice if you listen to the oracle (me) jk
such code. many mod. so title. wow.

allllmost forget. kd's plz lelel
Topic Starter
RasmusOlle

Dolphin wrote:

You're not supposed to optimize a standard difficulty for other modes you're supposed to optimize it for standard.
but how can i do so you just can play it with taiko and CTB?

BTW, fuck your using of replicating posts
Dainesl

RasmusOlle wrote:

Dolphin wrote:

but how can i do so you just can play it with taiko and CTB?
Go to Song Setup tab in the editor, then click the tab that says "Advanced", then click "Allowed Modes" then click Taiko or CTB from the drop-down menu.

By the way, you'll need to remap the diffs to optimise playability, as Auto cannot even SS the Normal on CTB.

The diff names for Taiko are: Kantan (Easy), Futsuu (Normal), Muzukashii (Hard), Oni (Insane) and Ura/Inner Oni (Extra)

For CTB they are: Cup (Easy), Salad (Normal), Platter (Hard), Salad (Insane) and Overdose (Extra)
Topic Starter
RasmusOlle

KyleDinny wrote:

Dainesl wrote:

Use your common sense dammit, have you learned anything regarding EVEN THE MOST BASIC of musical concepts? If not, learn some more and then come back to osu!, 'cause I don't think that rhythm games would be right for you.
One of the rules of the section is don't put players down, and I think you are.

O well. I want to mod dis.

[General]

Rename the map : C418 - Minecraft Music Discs what? it stands: Minecraft music discs-ward, not Minecraft music discs
Make sure BPM's are consistent, the sliders don't like different BPM. I don't either and I will rek you 1v1roblox. i dont know what roblox is
Beginner doesn't have a BG, make it sxc like the other one. im just dont like having same BG, im working on it
Vile.

[Beginner]
lel 1/16 is highly scrutinised please make it 1/1, the new players love that stuff. i just have a question, why is 1/16 so hated? its just 1/1 with more places to place beats

[Normal]
00:02:500 (3) - Move this note to 00:02:250 (3) for better consistency and a good map to the music oh, it was not even a beat there :O
00:03:000 (1) - This is unnecissary, loooll the music don't even change, heellll nawww. just some spinners, they are good for places when its hard to map :O
00:07:500 (5) - Dis finish doe, I don't like it, lol kill it. wait, what?
00:14:625 (9,1) - Seperate des plz, unwankable. will nail (loool) them together then
00:14:625 (9,1,2) - "Hard" jump, for the diff. ?
00:18:250 (1) - Lazy, please map the break out <3 its good with the music
00:30:875 (4) - Add a note here please for more consistency did it!
00:32:500 (7,8) - Unwankable for the same reason as the other one. ?

Overall: Need quite a bit of improvement, and needs finishing overall it will turn out nice if you listen to the oracle (me) jkwhat?
such code. many mod. so title. wow.

allllmost forget. kd's plz lelel you will get kudos, i just shall wait until peppy implents giving 5 kudos :)
will make a update based on your modding
Topic Starter
RasmusOlle

[ S a k u r a ] wrote:

Just create a ctb+ taiko mapset
And if you want it easy for the beginner level just change the HP drain and the approach rate
I believe you don't even understand BPM
BPM is beat per minute, every song has its own BPM, also the speed of a song, slow song have lower BPM and fast song has higher BPM, it's not what you can change unless you make your own music
but the diffulty settings are all on the lowest and on 120 BPM are it too damn fast
Dainesl
BPM changes nothing about the map other than the timing though, therefore BPM should always be used correctly, and the correct BPM is 107. Put that on both diffs and then at least your map will be correctly timed. Then it's just a matter of getting the map down pact.

Also: 1/16 is scrutinised heavily because very VERY FEW SONGS actually follow the 1/16 beat, the main melody on most songs is present on the 1/1 or 1/2 ticks, not the 1/16 ticks, so please make sure that you fix this ;_;
AutoMedic
Listen,

[General]

Change the title to C418 - Minecraft Music Disc - Ward
Add "Minecraft, Notch, C148, Mojang" and other related stuff
Kurokotei

Sonatora wrote:

Listen,

[General]

Change the title to C148 - Minecraft Music Disc - Ward
Add "Minecraft, Notch, C148, Mojang" and other related stuff
It's C418 lol
Liiraye
I get offset 2789 and bpm 109, can anyone confirm this?

I'll be back for a real mod tonight
show more