forum

Customize grouping

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +13
Topic Starter
Black Abyss
There were quite a few updates in the past few days, but the update today overfilled my bucket of patience. I love osu! with all my heart and one of the best things in it was adding a song one day, and once I fell in love with it I just clicked the "Date" tab and could easily find it on my list. I did that with a lot of maps. I used that really a lot. Now the problem is, with today's patch it was replaced by "Recently Played". I don't like it at all, it doesn't work the same as sorting songs by date and is just less useful for me. I know I can click on the bar and select "Group by Date Added" but that's just time consuming for someone who uses this all the time. Not only for that category, there are probably a lot of people who use different categories and want to have access to them with a single click.

Many people might not care, or even like it, but there are probably a lot like me who don't like the new change. So I got an suggestion - allows us to customize the grouping bar. I'd like to remove a group, add another or at least replace existing groups.
Instead of sorting by "Collections > Recently Played > By Artist > By Difficulty > No grouping", I'd like to have "By BPM > By Date > By Creator > By Length > No grouping". Any way you want. The same way I can open 30 different tabs in my chat, I'd like to be able to add or remove the tabs on the category bar.

I became a supporter just hoping to suggest a few things, but I didn't know I'd be doing this so soon. I was thinking about such a feature a long time ago, but never thought about writing about it. Once I saw the change on the tab bar though, I couldn't just shut up and watch. So this is my suggestion, let us customize our tabs peppy :( :!:
Mikazuki
agree this,i really use Dare tab a lot
[cocoa]_old
Support this but i don't have any star :cry:
xasuma
I supporT this.
Topic Starter
Black Abyss
Don't know if I even can but... bump?
Oinari-sama

Black Abyss wrote:

There's no need to bump a request unless it's been weeks since last reply. See this paragraph from "Guidelines for bumping a feature request"

As for bumping: There is really no need to unless your thread has had no responses for months. Keeping your thread on page 1 will not guarantee that peppy will read it, so please acknowledge this ahead of time. However, if your thread somehow slipped onto another page with zero replies, then that's certainly a good enough reason to go ahead and bump it. Well-known members of the community try to keep up with the feature requests and will post stating whether it's a good idea or not. Getting all of your friends/country players/etc. to post in your thread to support it will not make it any more likely to be added. If it's a bad request, then it's a bad request. If it's low priority, then it's low priority.
P.S. What happened to the old "wait a week before bumping a request" line 0.0
Topic Starter
Black Abyss

Oinari-sama wrote:

Black Abyss wrote:

There's no need to bump a request unless it's been weeks since last reply. See this paragraph from "Guidelines for bumping a feature request"

As for bumping: There is really no need to unless your thread has had no responses for months. Keeping your thread on page 1 will not guarantee that peppy will read it, so please acknowledge this ahead of time. However, if your thread somehow slipped onto another page with zero replies, then that's certainly a good enough reason to go ahead and bump it. Well-known members of the community try to keep up with the feature requests and will post stating whether it's a good idea or not. Getting all of your friends/country players/etc. to post in your thread to support it will not make it any more likely to be added. If it's a bad request, then it's a bad request. If it's low priority, then it's low priority.
P.S. What happened to the old "wait a week before bumping a request" line 0.0
Yes, sorry for that, I read it after posting my thread. I won't bump it unless it's forgotten or 3-4 weeks without a reply is posted. First time I requested something, thank you for clearing me up :) As for the one week, i'll wait at least 2-3 to make sure next time D:
Aer
This would be a realy nice feature!
Justin Cretible
I agree with this suggestion, I miss the way it used to be as well. Would give a star if I could!