forum

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +262
Topic Starter
Redon
Coldsu
Also, I tend to download a bunch and then slowly work through my backlog, not being able to sort by never played when I have 30k maps is pretty fkn annoying.
[cocoa]_old
well instead bring back selection-selectoptions.png why not re-scale/move profile status for non-widescreen user?
peppy

Coldsu wrote:

Also, I tend to download a bunch and then slowly work through my backlog, not being able to sort by never played when I have 30k maps is pretty fkn annoying.
Please use the "Recently Played" grouping – which will explicitly group maps you have not yet played – or the "Date Added" grouping.
formi
Can't filter ranked/unranked Maps within Collections anymore.
Please bring that Feature back.
Kamikaze
Yeah, it's pretty annoying, as before when I was playing o!m, I just sorted by gamemode, then filtered (un)ranked's and finally F2'd to win. Now when I want to play random ranked o!m I either have to sort by gamemode, which 9/10 times gives me unrankeds (BMS converts to be exact), or by rankeds, which forces me to scroll through all maps I have and it's really annoying and inconvenient. I hope it gets back soon
CephiCC
I know everyone hates change and all, but that simply isn't the reason why the new sorting sucks. It's not intuitive and could really use another look. Selections for maps just feel extremely clunky. I used to be able to search or sort for a few things and get direct, correct, responsive feedback. Whereas now, the search function fucks up a lot, and presents bugs upon location of map via search.

I don't exactly have an idea how to fix it, but I'll think about it and come back if I come upon a flash of genius.
xasuma
I would also like to see the ability to dp complex sorting,with multiple variables.
For example: unranked only, with bpm under 200, unplayed, ar over 7.
I dont thimk its possible, since when you type on the search bar, the grouping dissapears for me.

Also correct me if I am wrong , but the only close way (that i found) to see unplayed songs now is under score achieved, no scores. But what happens when i play a song and im not able to finish it. I dont get a score, but i still played it.

And i agree with the post above. Something needs to change with rehards to the filters. They arent as convenient as they could be imo.
Xuphor
Um...the "recently played" grouping doesn't even show the maps that I haven't played yet. It'll show for songs I just downloaded, but they disappear after I restart the game.

I mean, I see plenty of pink bordered maps when "no grouping" is selected, but when I select "recently played," they don't show up under "never played"

Please fix this and/or bring the selection options back.
InFish
I know we should give every change in osu some time to get used to it, but I just can't get used to this...
The old selection is superior to the new group and sort in its current state.

The fact that you can't group by multiple conditions and sort by most of the current groups is not good enough if you ask me.
Sorry to say Peppy, but how am I supposed to play only ranked + mania mode? and what if I want to play x keys?

This would be easily solved by adding "By key count" to the sort dropdown, and a ranked checkbox, but I don't suspect that's the way osu is going, so hopefully there is another solution to the problem.

@Redon I couldn't agree more with you, and I really support this request.
teasp00n
I would like to be able to sort ranked/unranked again please.
Shinzui

If only this worked...
Granger
Thats a idea. Still not optimal but it would work.

Like this...

status= ranked
Filters not submitted, graveyarded, pending and approved maps out.

status<pending
Filters pending, ranked and approved maps out.

statua>pending
Filters not submitted, graveyarded and pending maps out.

The "worth" of a status is sorted like this...
0= not submitted
1= graveyarded
2= pending
3= ranked
4= approved

It would be nice if we could use these numbers as subsistutes for the respective status.
Addidionally i propose new status icons for the song list. Simple really:

The ? for not submitted only.
A skull for the graveyarded maps.
Three dots (or something better, if you have a idea) for pending.
InFish
Soo, 2 months have passed.
It's still not possible to group by multiple parameters, such as by mode and by ranked status,
or by mode and by key count (removing autoconverts from the list), or any other combination for that matter.

Using old clients will not permit access to bancho.

When will we get proper search options like in the past?
Blaizer
New search filters are in cuttingedge! This thread can be marked as resolved, I reckon.

I added mode=osu, mode=taiko, mode=mania, etc., and status<ranked, status=ranked, etc., as search filters. You can now group by mode and search by status, or group by status and search by mode. You only have to type the first characters on the right hand side, so stuff like mode=m and status=r work for mode=mania and status=ranked respectfully. I also added a keys filter for mania. So keys=7 works for filtering to only mania songs with 7 keys.

I'm thinking of adding more stuff. Like maybe a flag syntax where instead of something clunky like unplayed=1 or favourite=1, you just write =unplayed or =favourite.

Got any requests for more filters that should be possible?
InFish
That just sounds awesome :D

Instead of unplayed = 0/1 and favourite it would be cool to just write "unplayed" or "played" and "favourite" or "unfavoured" (is that a word? the opposite of favourite xD)

I don't know if the = is necessary but it would be nice without.

I can't really think of more search params that I would use, so thank you, I need to go play now :P

Edit: a little note for you, mode search and keys search works perfectly, but status<ranked is returning all of my 7000 beatmaps and status=ranked is returning 0 beatmaps xD
Blaizer
Yeah status is bugged atm. I fixed it. but I'm just waiting on peppy to accept it into cuttingedge.
Granger
This doesnt quite seems to work correctly.

I expected to find not submitted, graved, pending and qualified maps but instead got all my installed maps

I expected approved maps, but instead got a minor part of my ranked maps. I checked, all 11 maps have the status ranked.
Edit, whops bad screenshot, the currently selected map appears with both > and <, that was supposed to be also in the screens...

I cant use a numerical alias either, i guess you can only use this option to filter unranked maps out?
Status=r gives no results.
AGRX
+ support,

reason is that Filters at top arent working well. For example when i want to search for song by rank, i cant search only for songs that are ranked.

I guess there are other options how option button was useful.
I really dont understand why that button was removed. Now its just empty placeholder. Why they decided to remove such a feature from osu, instead they should focus on adding some new features. Now they removed aditional option from osu and that place is just empty. Thats really ridiculous from dev.

I hope they have idea what they will do with that empty space.
InFish
@Granger read the comment before yours, he knows, and he fixed it, just waiting for approval.

@Agrrox A solution have been made and I can happily say that it works great (well except ranked which is awaiting approval) :D
For more information read post 4 before your own :)
AGRX

InFish wrote:

@Granger read the comment before yours, he knows, and he fixed it, just waiting for approval.

@Agrrox A solution have been made and I can happily say that it works great (well except ranked which is awaiting approval) :D
For more information read post 4 before your own :)
Search filer is great, but some advanced players may not know how to use it. I think that button was more intuitional in my opinion.
But ridiculous is that it was removed without adding something else on that place.
Granger

Agrrox wrote:

Search filer is great, but some advanced players may not know how to use it. I think that button was more intuitional in my opinion.
But ridiculous is that it was removed without adding something else on that place.
Yeah, i agree. Inutive and saves the hassle of typing the arguments.

Also, with the number of possible arguments, maybe a popup (those when you start osu) and a chat command would be usefull (!searcharguments or !sa maybe?)
Blaizer
That space is gonna be used by mania scroll speed (actually it already is, but it's buggy). Not sure what else to use it for. The search suggestions idea is a good one, but I have no idea how it should look or how I should implement it.

The status filter is up on cuttingedge now. It works great. The options, in order, are "unknown", "notsubmitted", "pending", "ranked", "approved". Unfortunately there's no easy way to find out if a beatmap is qualified or graveyarded, without doing a some database queries, so you can't search for those. Of course, you don't have to type them out fully, they all start with a different letter so even 1 letter is enough.

The "ranked" option for the status filter is treated as both ranked and approved, just like the song select Groups do it. The "approved" option gives you only approved maps, though, so you could do something like "status=ranked status!=approved" to get all ranked but not approved maps.