forum

[added] Change skin within game lobby

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +159
Topic Starter
Mofu kun
If someone in a game lobby has to change their skin, they have to exit and rejoin, by the time they come back, their spot most likely will have been filled.
This can be fixed by having a menu that displays the current skin name and a Change Skin button.
There is room in the lobby interface to add this option, and it makes games more smooth, as someone does not have to leave the game to change their skin.
FrzR
Hmm. I guess this could be nice. I have individual skins for different modes. Switching between skins within the room makes it easier. =w=)b
Piine
Why not put that option box back in the top right and be able to change skin, resolution, and other stuff.
loldcraft
Since the new options menu pops out from the side of the screen must as well make it so that we can access it anytime?
Stefan

Fr33z3R wrote:

Hmm. I guess this could be nice. I have individual skins for different modes.
That sounds quite complicated without good reason, just put all the skin elements at once.

The only reason for that would be if you mod a Beatmap with the default skin and you want play with your "main" skin.

Eh, On-Topic: That sounds a bit unneeded tbh. Just lock the slot for the time someone changes his skin.
Yukiteru Amano
Do you really need to swap skin that often? Seems like something only a few would use. Maybe it could be done the same way you change Game mode in multi?
Oinari-sama
I think this feature will be a good to have.

Some maps have smaller CS than other and being able to switch skin in lobby will be nice; similarly if the Host force HD on someone who doesn't HD much, he/she might appreciate it more if a transparent skin could be switched in. At the moment people will either have to leave the lobby then come back, or just bear with the minor inconvenience. Imo being able to change the skin on the spot will enhance mp experience, if it's not too troublesome to implement.
Winek
Instead, I'd show options, in general. It'snot only about skin. I might want to.. err. I don't know? Reduce volume? Or ummm... whatever! There are plenty of stuff we are restricted to do. While we're at it, why don,t we make the room a "lobby" where we can do our other stuff while still being inside of it without having to quit and having your place stolen by somedickhead? And if the game start, you get teleported in the room. If you are playing or editing,it will wait around 10 sec. to let you quit & save to join the game in. After dat the game start normally. If you weren't playing while the host was opening the game, you,re just teleported to the play and yay. Instead of qu9iting the room you would like "be out" of it without having to do anything. Would be rather useful.
loldcraft

Yukiteru Amano wrote:

Do you really need to swap skin that often? Seems like something only a few would use. Maybe it could be done the same way you change Game mode in multi?
its basicially my switch to turn followpoints off/ make hitcircles invisible
Von Yoosten
and now? Last post 2 months ago!

I really would like to have this feature ingame, so I could change my options more often. for example if a friends sends me a skin I might test, I don't have to leave the room! And it's not just that somebody can take my place! If I have a duo- or soloroom I have to re-create it or something just because of goign out for a second.
Another thing, (how) is it possible to send map recommendations to the room owner? I mean like you are playing with some users inside a lobby and somebody wants to play a specific map, I always have to give him owner-rights, and I really don't like that because I never know who I am playing with.
Maybe, like, you can still access all of your maps without being owner and then send a shortlink / a namelink / hotspot so it's easier to chose the new song.
Last point would be the possibility to access to osu!-direct whiile being in lobby, browsinf for new maps!

In general: It would be very useful to be able to access the options you can access in the main menu. That would be great! 8-)

Toshi ~
Nyxa
I'd really like to see this. +2.
abraker
bump
Redon
WingSilent
For sure i'll need this. :D
Ryzon_old
Sounds like an epic idea!
I think this would save lots of people some time, as I have myself have lost my spot in multiplayer games due to the fast I change my skin alot...

-Full Support <3 :)
-Chitose-
Well...

I guess they're still working on it
drum drum
That doesnt mean it will be everywhere zzz
-Atri-
bump.
RocKz
yep, we need this feature.
NaTha
I need it! Take my Money!