forum

Passing host when afk for a certain amount of time in multi

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
Garbage Truck
I just thought it would be nice if the host would automatically pass to a different person if he/she is afk for like 2-3 minutes. (Like actually not doing anything whatsoever but thats what afk means).

Right now, it happens quite frequently that a person who is afk, and is in the first slow, gets host when: the host leaves or loses connection.
this just means that everyone has to move to a different room and thats just really stupid. It shouldn't be too hard to implement (however I dont have much
experience).

I hope you can support this idea!
[ Pingu ]
I'd like this to be added, but there are 2 problems.

1. The time limit isn't long enough. At least 5 minutes is when someone is proper AFK.

2. What happens if no-one is in the room? If the person has been AFK for more then the time limit and no-one's in the room, it can't pass! (Unless, it'll automatically pass if someone joins)
Oinari-sama
Related request t/143792
silmarilen

OMGPingu wrote:

1. The time limit isn't long enough. At least 5 minutes is when someone is proper AFK.

2. What happens if no-one is in the room? If the person has been AFK for more then the time limit and no-one's in the room, it can't pass! (Unless, it'll automatically pass if someone joins)
didnt mp rooms automatically close if nothing happens in them for a certain time?
FrzR

silmarilen wrote:

OMGPingu wrote:

didnt mp rooms automatically close if nothing happens in them for a certain time?
Certain time. But how long? Didn't notice any of it though. :/

I like this idea. I hate it when 7/8 players are already ready and the host was afk, everyone started to leave the room. ><
XPJ38
Host is already kicked out of the room if he is AFK for too long (I think 15 or 30 minutes). So basically you are asking for a shorter time period.
Topic Starter
Garbage Truck

XPJ38 wrote:

Host is already kicked out of the room if he is AFK for too long (I think 15 or 30 minutes). So basically you are asking for a shorter time period.
No. I'm asking if the host can be passed to someone else within a shorter period, not asking to kick the host. Do you see the difference? >.<
Shiho-rin
SPOILER
Right now, it happens quite frequently that a person who is afk, and is in the first slow, gets host when: the host leaves or loses connection.

^ Maybe we could just have a box that appears when the host presses leave that says: "Pass host to: (list of ppl in the room)" and then the host just has to NOT pass it to the afk person.

Or maybe like the host's cursor doesn't move for like 5 mins and the host status will be moved to the next person
Topic Starter
Garbage Truck

Shiho-rin wrote:

SPOILER

^ Maybe we could just have a box that appears when the host presses leave that says: "Pass host to: (list of ppl in the room)" and then the host just has to NOT pass it to the afk person.

Or maybe like the host's cursor doesn't move for like 5 mins and the host status will be moved to the next person
Yea but still no1 is gonna wait for 5 minutes tho so that doesnt really solve the problem