forum

[added] A suggester to help find harder beatmaps.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
Noffy
Based off your rank and best scores, osu! would suggest maps that are a certain amount harder than what you have accomplished to help you improve.
Once you hit five-stars, it can be hard to find beatmaps that are challenging but also help you get better at something other than pressing the retry button. I like to try and look at the combo count but when trying to actually improve I find it isn't a very helpful solution and I think this feature would be very convenient.
Nathanael
How about checking the success rates of the difficulty? It might be helpful.
Oinari-sama
Actually I was thinking about this just recently...

There was a previous request for recommending similar maps at the result screen (which I'm having trouble finding right now). It'll be nice if the system can recommend similar/slightly harder maps based on the speed/aim value of the map just played at the result screen.
deadbeat
you can now do this at the beatmap listing page
Lanturn
:D nice.

I was about to respond to this but then realized the post was from 4 months ago XD

There is also that osu!trainer thing in the development threads which helps you find maps to play based on PP.
deadbeat

Lanturn wrote:

:D nice.

I was about to respond to this but then realized the post was from 4 months ago XD
no harm in bumping a thread to say it's added. might give it a bit more attention :p
Lanturn
Cool little feature anyways

Apparently I'm worth "3.98" stars so... \o/

Gotta make sure I select the right mode though, as I was linked to a Taiko 3.98 map when "All" was selected
[ Pingu ]
I don't get this feature plz help. ;w;
Lanturn
Take this screenshot:

As you can see I have "Recommended Difficulty" ticked, as well as the mode I want to play.

The star rating given is what osu! recommends you to play a little above your currently skill level to help you improve. So for me, as you can see the star rating. I'm recommended to play 3.98 star maps.. Which is probably close to the star rating of my current highest with mods.
[ Pingu ]
Ohh, I see!

Yes, I love this feature! I think it's amazing. :)