forum

[duplicate] Virus?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CommandoRazor
Problem Details: osu! closed unexpectedly (no it didn't crash or anything like that) and it went to the updater, then it started downloading and turns out that Smart Security detected it as a threat.
Maybe it's a bug of some sort but I'm telling ya, some part of the coding must be being detected as dangerous
so yea pls halp

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20131129.1
chong601

CommandoRazor wrote:

Problem Details: osu! closed unexpectedly (no it didn't crash or anything like that) and it went to the updater, then it started downloading and turns out that Smart Security detected it as a threat.
Maybe it's a bug of some sort but I'm telling ya, some part of the coding must be being detected as dangerous
so yea pls halp

Video or screenshot showing the problem:<snip>

osu! version: 20131129.1
Set osu!.exe in the anitvirus exception list for the temporary workaround... probably the latest patch to osu! contains some recognition of virus file during compile?

UPDATE:
Send a false positive report to your antivirus provider and in the meantime add exception for osu! installation folder (not only the exe) until this is fixed....
peppy
A great example of why I swear against virus scanners. They are blocking whatever they choose.

I would recommend uninstalling any virus scanner which is causing this problem, and using microsofts security essentials.
KonaHaruhi
i use nod too . disabled it does the work
peppy
I updated the updater to give a more descriptive error message in this scenario, for what it's worth :).
chong601

peppy wrote:

A great example of why I swear against virus scanners. They are blocking whatever they choose.

I would recommend uninstalling any virus scanner which is causing this problem, and using microsofts security essentials.
If microsoft security essentials provide fast scanning, does not attempt to scan every single file and slows down the system and does not "take no action" on every single viruses it found, I will consider MSE as my 1st choice...
whymeman
Glad I took a look at this since i'm getting the same issue with Avira .I might just go back to using the Microsoft one seeing that its too aggressive.

Etwahl

whymeman wrote:

Glad I took a look at this since i'm getting the same issue with Avira .I might just go back to using the Microsoft one seeing that its too aggressive.

I have the same problem with Avira since yesterday, but after the last update, I can play, but this morning, same error :(.

EDIT (6:35AM) : Okay now, I can play ... Oo ?!
Mr_Stuck
I am getting the same errors as the previous posts when trying to download Osu! This has been happening since last night. I tried to download the repair, and as soon as it moves to updating it then throws up a block and will not let me go any further.

If anyone knows of a patch or over ride please leave a post or link that we can follow to correct the issue.
Marcin
Just turn off your anti virus software.
chong601
or just add osu! folder to antivirus realtime protection and system scanner...
TheVileOne
t/172022

^All the help we can give at this time. If you're having problem with an anti virus, stop using that anti virus.
Mr_Stuck
[url]file:///C:/Users/Keith/Desktop/Untitled.jpg[/url] >.> yea this is a problem Osu! please fix this