forum

Multiplayer Matching queue system

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
UseZMap
We have seen this situation a lot,

One pro + others -> pro dominates game -> again and again -> balance crash, others leave match

yep, this is our multiplayer room's actualities.

we have to fix this, with MATCHING QUEUE system! (based on Performance Point)

1. Search player who have similar pp as me

2. gather them in one room, then match!

3. if someone leaves match, search another.

one problem, if skilled player make new ID and play the game, it will be the same situation above.

this can be solved by system which exclude somebody who are under 100 playcount(not retry count, but clear count) from matching queue (that is, under 100 playcount players are unavailable for matching queue.)

multiplayer will be more fun!
TwentyOne21_old
Then what happen if I wanna play with my friends if he/she has lower pp than me?
It will be sad if I can't play with my friends if he/she is new to the game or has lower pp than me

We just wanna have fun here in-game, although sometimes we want to be serious
Topic Starter
UseZMap

TwentyOne21 wrote:

Then what happen if I wanna play with my friends if he/she has lower pp than me?
It will be sad if I can't play with my friends if he/she is new to the game or has lower pp than me

We just wanna have fun here in-game, although sometimes we want to be serious
nope, you can still make multiplayer rooms like now.
TwentyOne21_old
Aah okay thanks
It would be bad if I can't play with my friends lol
Rio-
I don't think that this System can be applied... I mean, in the game actually some Pro tend to create their own rooms, but those Not-so-pro player was the one who Joined the Pro's game (It's so rare to see Pro with rank above #5000 joining the Game with some Player with Rank below #20000)... Besides, If the pro dominates the game You can kick him/her out from the room, right?

UseZMap wrote:

But I agree with this, adding this thingy in the search box.
silmarilen

satriobp wrote:

UseZMap wrote:

But I agree with this, adding this thingy in the search box.
you mean like this?

or more like this?
Rio-

silmarilen wrote:

you mean like this?

or more like this?
Yes, like that... But in the multiplayer search box/filter (Search the Room with those players with the same pp as ours)
Oinari-sama
I think a title such as "Auto Match" may be more suitable to what the OP is requesting.

And why do I feel that this ain't the first time I see something like this...
ichivictus
I've never seen players leave because a pro was in the room. Usually players leave when a host picks a stupid song or they are tired of playing.
Topic Starter
UseZMap

ichivictus wrote:

I've never seen players leave because a pro was in the room. Usually players leave when a host picks a stupid song or they are tired of playing.
That is what the ugly pros doing in the room... with their another ID which rank is low.

.. whatever, my point is not that. I'm talking about matching queue system, which means server searches players and match them.
Aka
search by # would be nice
Wired
I was thinking back to my old World of Warcraft days and was wondering how well the idea of the dungeon queueing system could be applied to osu!

Individuals could select a difficulty range, then whenever the queue is finished, a pop-up ready box would appear regardless of what they're doing. Similarly ranked players would be grouped together. This would eliminate the need for searching around to find a decent group, and if all the players are willing, they could requeue together (not unlike the World of Warcraft system.)
Bara-
So
You're asking for a new button, which works like quick join, but insteads makes you wait to group you together with others from around your rank
I can see this being a good addition to the game, but there are soo little multi rooms, around 100-200, with approximately 500 users who don't use passwords, and thus play with everyone, knstead of friends
Having this for only those 500 might not work well (with the ranking thing)
I like it, but I think too little people will actually use it if implemented
Rilene

baraatje123 wrote:

but I think too little people will actually use it if implemented
I think there will be alot but I think instead, that most people will went impatient and go to other matches instead.

And nice idea anyway, would kinda be useful to implement this.
Wired

baraatje123 wrote:

So
You're asking for a new button, which works like quick join, but insteads makes you wait to group you together with others from around your rank
I can see this being a good addition to the game, but there are soo little multi rooms, around 100-200, with approximately 500 users who don't use passwords, and thus play with everyone, knstead of friends
Having this for only those 500 might not work well (with the ranking thing)
I like it, but I think too little people will actually use it if implemented
I was thinking about this as well, but is it possible that more people might queue up if it proved to be more convenient?

Sirade wrote:

I think there will be alot but I think instead, that most people will went impatient and go to other matches instead.

And nice idea anyway, would kinda be useful to implement this.
Part of the concept is that you can do whatever while waiting for a match, like playing single player. If it's fast, you'd even avoid the wait you'd normally experience in a multi room waiting for 10 people to download the song.
haha5957
I honestly think if there is a simple button that adds you into queue and matches you with players on similar rank, it will be used a lot.
Gumpy
The current system works fine imo no real need ofr a change as I see it.