forum

[mp] the possibility to set a welcome text in multiplayer

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +52
Topic Starter
Miterosan
Hi, I wish the possibility to set a welcome text in multiplayer when you join a room.
Example where you can set it:

and the message is going to send to all who join the room into the chat

A characterlimit of 400~ chars would be fine I think
and there chall a command where you can see and edit it again (!welcome !welcome set /text/)
Cirno-Chan_old
Sounds good, but why would we need this?
Ok, this way we can warn players that this room is "Insane as Hell" or so... idk
Topic Starter
Miterosan

Cirno-Chan wrote:

Sounds good, but why would we need this?
Ok, this way we can warn players that this room is "Insane as Hell" or so... idk
I thought If the host has special rules or infos like "This room is only open until 15:30" or "try to get the lowest score possible".
Oinari-sama
This will be a nice to have.

It'll be handy for rooms that have special rules and themes, because current room title texts is limited to 1 line or it'll be hard to read in listing

For rooms created in foreign language with a title like "Touhou 5 Stars Pass the Host Down," there just isn't enough room to put up the English translation side by side without compromising the readability. Last thing you want is a player of different language joining the room without fully understanding the rule and do the unwelcomed thing (although it's not really his/her fault). Having a customisable message will help in this situation (assuming people do read lol)...
Rio-

sddsmaster wrote:

I thought If the host has special rules or infos like "This room is only open until 15:30" or "try to get the lowest score possible".
I Couldn't Agree more.... Support for this~

Suggestion : Maybe We can add some tags too, like Touhou, Vocaloid, or 5-stars... So those who join a Game that Play Touhou songs or Vocaloid songs can easily search the game by typing the tags in the searchbox
(And tags here mean that If I create A Room called "satriobp's game" with "touhou" tag in it, then My room will be visible to those who search the name by typing "touhou")
- A little bit Out of Topic I guess... only A Suggestion
Topic Starter
Miterosan

satriobp wrote:

Suggestion : Maybe We can add some tags too, like Touhou, Vocaloid, or 5-stars... So those who join a Game that Play Touhou songs or Vocaloid songs can easily search the game by typing the tags in the searchbox
(And tags here mean that If I create A Room called "satriobp's game" with "touhou" tag in it, then My room will be visible to those who search the name by typing "touhou")
- A little bit Out of Topic I guess... only A Suggestion
I think the idea is not bad.. but yes it is offtopic.. why you don't request this?
TheVileOne
I would love to see this happen. There's a lot of empty space that could be filled with new features related to sorting, searching, and communicating with the players.
deadbeat
why am i 3 days late seeing this D:
would be a nice addition indeed
OsuMe65
not bad, not bad at all
FrzR
Support. :D
Topic Starter
Miterosan
Nice that you like it ^^ :) :lol:
Oinari-sama
Still want this :D

Would be nice to have tidy room message instead of a single line.
hiandbye
A few votes and one bump from me.
This should really be implemented.
Bara-
Oinari, what a great bump this has been!
Piine
Bump -cough-
PieInOblivion
Would there be a 'Max Characters' in the welcome message? (Help avoid trolls I guess)

Also, I've noticed there is a bit of space (Not Much) that could be used to place a tiny description, such as:

But then that would mean ANOTHER box to fill out when making a room... Maybe that's too much?
But this would be a nice feature to add. (Not my idea, the welcome text idea)
KJF
bump

great feature 100% however needs a character limit of about 200 characters and a command to change it like !welcome c (for change) "insert text here" and !welcome s (for show)