forum

Turning off the epilepsy sign

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Aireu
On some maps, the epilepsy sign gets a little in the wayand maybe there can a setting in the Options to turn this off.
XPJ38
afaiac I never found it annoying, the warning sign is behind the hitcircles so it does not really get in the way.
Oinari-sama
It's an essential OH&S warning, so I don't think it should be turned off.

I'm fine with current setups but I'll throw an alternative idea out here anyway:
The warning sign could be made to fade out before the 1st hit object appears. For maps with extremely short intro (or no intro at all), a 3s pause can be added to the beginning of the map as if someone's meddling with visual settings in mp. This "pause" should be omitted when the user hit the Retry button or it'll be extremely annoying.

Btw I thought this was a toggle before, or was it just my imagination?
XinCrin
Or . . .Disable epilepsy warning too , if the player disable the SB . But if not disable the SB , the epilepsy warning should be enabled too . I don't know . . .Just saying
Nathanael

XinCrin wrote:

Or . . .Disable epilepsy warning too , if the player disable the SB . But if not disable the SB , the epilepsy warning should be enabled too . I don't know . . .Just saying
That should be still shown even if the storyboard is disabled.
People (who were affected by these flashing effects) might enable it without any warning from the beatmap.
Marcin
If I remember correctly it only appears once, and after replaying it disappears, so you can just restart twice to avoid it.
Nathanael

Marcin wrote:

If I remember correctly it only appears once, and after replaying it disappears, so you can just restart twice to avoid it.
Yes. It only appears once after the map was selected. Restarting the map doesn't show it.
FrzR
Also, why not having it placed in the lower right corner like where the Skip button is? :3
Lilabloom
personally. instead of removing it. i'd say spam the heck out of people about it, on every time you play that map.

(just a dumb suggestion). but there could be a "enable/disable" thing for it, so people have less to whine about. but then again, it's there for a reason and personally it should never be touched and/or removed.
TheVileOne
Make it skinnable.

*runs*
Nathanael

TheVileOne wrote:

Make it skinnable.

*runs*
IMO, that's a better request than making another hassle of setting up a toggle. 8-)
Any person who doesn't want the sign to show up will just place a transparent PNG file on their skin ( aka "Epilepsy.png" ).
- Marco -

Nathanael wrote:

TheVileOne wrote:

Make it skinnable.

*runs*
IMO, that's a better request than making another hassle of setting up a toggle. 8-)
Any person who doesn't want the sign to show up will just place a transparent PNG file on their skin ( aka "Epilepsy.png" ).
But please if you will do it say it so people with epilessy won't have headache becase of the trasparent warning....
Nathanael

marcostudios wrote:

But please if you will do it say it so people with epilessy won't have headache becase of the trasparent warning....
I will do that if I'm outside. Unfortunately, my desktop is always on my room and I don't want people to go in.. XD

Anyway, yeah. Any player should warn the person if they're affected by epilepsy since they removed it as a nuisance for them.
TheVileOne
I doubt it will be skinnable. peppy is probably going to say deal with it and deny this.
buny
there should be a toggle for it

i mean, if we're sure we're not epileptic, why should it be trying to warn us then?
TouchFluffyTail

buny wrote:

i mean, if we're sure we're not epileptic, why should it be trying to warn us then?
This is how I see the epilepsy warning.

Nathanael

TouchFluffyTail wrote:

Love it! If it was just skinnable, I would make my epilepsy warning like that, lol.
Soarezi

TouchFluffyTail wrote:

buny wrote:

Or then players might want to disable it due to the fact they want to get good scores on it, not focus on playing ''chilled'' and watching a video behind.
Ephemeral
i would rather we mandated using the epilepsy sign in situations only where photosensitive reactions are an actual, tangible risk rather than the beatmap having a tiny strobe or some form of movement in it
MillhioreF
Why not make it fade with BG dim? If it's too dark to read the sign, it'll be too dark to suffer from epileptic reactions.
Kurokami
I'm against the turning off completely. That way it will lose its purpose. Fade with BG sounds good on the other hand. :3
Topic Starter
Aireu

MillhioreF wrote:

Why not make it fade with BG dim? If it's too dark to read the sign, it'll be too dark to suffer from epileptic reactions.
I agree with this.
Reyvateil
Adding a lead-in time while the sign still persists would solve it completely since it only appears one time anyways.
TakuMii
Isn't this not a problem anymore?