forum

[duplicate] Beatmap search specifications in downloads

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Sea_Food
I am sure all of you remember this addition to the game that was added about a month ago

I dont know about you, but I have found that to be extreamly useful and i use it many times a day.

So how come those search words dont work in osu!direct or in http://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmaplist ? It would be just as equally (if not more) useful there as it is at the song selection page ingame.
Topic Starter
Sea_Food
Bump
Oinari-sama
From "Guidelines for bumping a feature request"
As for bumping: There is really no need to unless your thread has had no responses for months. Keeping your thread on page 1 will not guarantee that peppy will read it, so please acknowledge this ahead of time. However, if your thread somehow slipped onto another page with zero replies, then that's certainly a good enough reason to go ahead and bump it. Well-known members of the community try to keep up with the feature requests and will post stating whether it's a good idea or not. Getting all of your friends/country players/etc. to post in your thread to support it will not make it any more likely to be added. If it's a bad request, then it's a bad request. If it's low priority, then it's low priority.
Topic Starter
Sea_Food

Oinari-sama wrote:

From "Guidelines for bumping a feature request"
As for bumping: There is really no need to unless your thread has had no responses for months. Keeping your thread on page 1 will not guarantee that peppy will read it, so please acknowledge this ahead of time. However, if your thread somehow slipped onto another page with zero replies, then that's certainly a good enough reason to go ahead and bump it. Well-known members of the community try to keep up with the feature requests and will post stating whether it's a good idea or not. Getting all of your friends/country players/etc. to post in your thread to support it will not make it any more likely to be added. If it's a bad request, then it's a bad request. If it's low priority, then it's low priority.
what is that?
deadbeat
just cause you can, doesn't mean you should.

also i personally see no real need for this
Topic Starter
Sea_Food

deadbeat wrote:

just cause you can, doesn't mean you should.

also i personally see no real need for this
>you should not act on the forums as you are told to do in the forum guidelines just because you can
ok

Anyway if you ment no reason for my suggestion, let me tell you this. Atleast 1time a day i see people on #osu asking "can someone link 200BPM songs" or "can someone /np 10AR songs" or what ever. Thanks to the new feature i mentioned in the OP atleast now I can just search songs that match their criteria easily and just mass /np them while hoping i dont get silenced for spam for doing it. Atm that is literally the only possible way they can get the beatmaps they want. But wouldnt you think it would be handy if they could just open osu!direct and then type "AR=10" and then pick from all the available ones?
Tshemmp
Seems like a pretty useful request to me.
Avishay
+1
can be really great to find new maps to train on