forum

Tons of MP and some general future Ideas/Requests

posted
Total Posts

Would you like these changes to be implemented?

Yes! Support
97.95%
No
0.00%
I don't know
2.05%
Total votes: 146
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +12
Topic Starter
Gabi
Me and Dangaard decided to come up with some ideas that would make MP more tag friendly, and more fun overall. alot of these have been suggested before, we would just like to bump them. Please leave a comment after you have voted. here are some ideas we came up with:

*More Tag Team colors: Right now theres only blue and red, however it would be nice if we could choose green and yellow/orange aswell. that way 4 teams of 2 players can battle it out at the same time. however, let the host decide how many team colors are allowed to be picked so people just dont go off on their own teams :$

*Fixed Tag coop combo colors: When playing Tag coop, combo colors can get very hard to read, especially if you are the one who is playing with the grey/white notes, and on some maps even the red warning arrows dont show up. thats why we would like to suggest a fixed combo color, that you can setup in option and choose what color you want. this way each player gets a single note color, but other players notes will still be gray when it isn't your turn. *ADDED*

*Improved Tag Spectating: speaks for itself. right now when you spectate a tag game, you can only spectate 1 player playing, and when it isn't that players turn, you stop spectating untill it's his turn again. what i want is to be able to spectate the whole game, both players that is. (maybe spectating both teams at the same time is pretty impossible, but spectating one team should be able to work)

*More Detailed Tag Results:
Something like this, but different graphics

http://up.ppy.sh/files/screenshot005-15.png <---- whole teams score

http://up.ppy.sh/files/screenshot006-19.png <---- Tab function just like the one in Head to Head results. the ones highlighted are the details/scores of that player.

http://up.ppy.sh/files/screenshot007-14.png <----- another example, just 1 result screen for both teams, and you can tab through all (teams and players)
*ADDED* amazing job on it

*Result screen in Tag coop mode when a team fail: Right now, if 2 teams play against each other without the nofail mod, and one of them fails, the game will just go to the fail scene and you go back to the mp lobby. it would be nice with a result screen after failing, to see which team failed, because this gets really confusing sometimes. sure a really small message pops up when failing but you arent really focused on that so its hard to spot. *ADDED*

*Multiplayer Lobby: so we in MP can speak without bothering #osu *ADDED*

*Progress bar in MP room: Put a progress bar in the Multiplayer room so you can see how much of the song/map is left before it ends. (that way people who are looking for a fast game can wait/leave if it would take a long time for the song to finish)

*Multiplayer Tag Ranking: yup its been suggested before i know ^^ :D
im not sure how this would be implemented, but i would LOVE to discuss this in a live chat instead of on forums.

*osu! Ingame calendar: just to make it abit more friendlier.
on this, people can sign up (if accepted by Mods) stuff like un/official events (tournaments etc) or Bats/Mods/peppy can write down important announcements like bancho downtime or upcoming builds. also when a mod/bat etc writes something, you can see the calendar flashing, meaning an important message should be read.

you could have the calendar connected with the forums, that way we can see when players/friends are having birthdays etc. you could also check the dates of when maps got ranked etc.

these are some suggestions we think would be a great addition to osu! (also excuse my paint skills)
Alace
sounds fun
I like that combo color setting
I can set my own color to play better
RaisTF
I support this
Mafiamaster
It's a great idea, and I support this
Dangaard
As the one who helped Gabi here, I support these ideas of course. :D
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Doomsday
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Gabi

Gabi wrote:

on this, people can sign up stuff like un official events (tournaments etc) or Bats/Mods/peppy can write down important announcements like bancho downtime or upcoming builds. also when a mod/bat etc writes something, you can see the calendar flashing, meaning an important message should be read.
hmm. interesting, but it would be awkward to manage, such as announcements by non-mods or whatever. i could go on but i want to keep this short

so yeah. i guess im up for these changes, but some seems too awkward to implement. I could be wrong though[/quote]

you are right, maybe mods/bats can give access to some users if they would wish to announce something.
happy30
Support!
niedz
WyndII

niedzwiedz1124 wrote:

happy30 wrote:

Support!
^
^
qlum
Support especial Fixed Tag coop colours since I suggested about the same: http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13394&p=128963#p128963
Rena-chan

WyndII wrote:

niedzwiedz1124 wrote:

happy30 wrote:

Support!
^
^
^
Gens
Would you like these changes to be implemented?

Yes! Support 100% [ 19 ]
No 0% [ 0 ]
I don't know 0% [ 0 ]
I like how is this going. :3
All of these features would be awesome if implemented.
Soaprman
Fixed Tag coop colors
VERY YES
naruti
you got my full support

just a request for multiplaying :)
when you start playing b4 the song starts you can C the best score or rank of the person
(cuz i hate those lying people who says they already fc'd it)

like this
before you actualy start playing
nazenaze: #1
4,812,090 #35
Naruti: #2
1,231,249 #250
mao130: #3
---- #-

The game starts
nazenaze #1
naruti #2
mao130 #3
Hanyuu
Topic Starter
Gabi
would be nice if you gave a reason why you dont like it :P ^^
Leimilia
Henkie
AnGo supports :3
this will be way nicer, especially if you get to choose your own combo colors :U
and its also cool to see each player's seperate score/accuracy (so you can see who fucked up most lol)

hope this all will be added, or at least the most useful/nice ones :)
_Kanbu
Defently yes!
Ryohan
This would be fun if all of these features will be added to Osu! :D :D
Pipinlover
This has My Full Support Writen ALL over it.
Nazo_old

Pipinlover wrote:

This has My Full Support Writen ALL over it.
ignorethis
Aeon
fully support everything but the multiplayer avatar thing... as it was said earlier theres is just no space to fit it it...
Weinmagier
I support them.
I hope that both ( MP-ideas and the calendar ) are possible to implement and won't take too long to do so, because i think that all of these ideas are great :D
Rena-chan
nsane
I support everything but ranking for tag team.
Wojjan

Gabi wrote:

*More Tag Team colors: Right now theres only blue and red, however it would be nice if we could choose green and yellow/orange aswell. that way 4 teams of 2 players can battle it out at the same time. however, let the host decide how many team colors are allowed to be picked so people just dont go off on their own teams :$
I disagree on the bold part, since when suddenly a lot of players would leave, you're left with 3 colours for 3 players. Bad idea. Let everyone decide. In the end, if you make a team on your own, it's only harder for you since you have more beats to click.

Gabi wrote:

*Fixed Tag coop colors: When playing Tag coop, combo colors can get very hard to read, especially if you are the one who is playing with the grey/white notes, and on some maps even the red warning arrows dont show up. thats why we would like to suggest a fixed combo color, that you can setup in option and choose what color you want. this way each player gets a single note color, but other players notes will still be gray when it isn't your turn.
Support for this one, since I've found some colours to be impossible to read when in tag coop. Same goes for certain maps in which the combo colours are the greyscale failed colours.

Gabi wrote:

*Improved Tag Spectating: speaks for itself. right now when you spectate a tag game, you can only spectate 1 player playing, and when it isn't that players turn, you stop spectating untill it's his turn again. what i want is to be able to spectate the whole game, both players that is. (maybe spectating both teams at the same time is pretty impossible, but spectating one team should be able to work)

can't say anything on these two. Supported.

Gabi wrote:

*Result screen in Tag coop mode when a team fail: Right now, if 2 teams play against each other without the nofail mod, and one of them fails, the game will just go to the fail scene and you go back to the mp lobby. it would be nice with a result screen after failing, to see which team failed, because this gets really confusing sometimes. sure a really small message pops up when failing but you arent really focused on that so its hard to spot.
Didn't notice up to now. Supported.

Gabi wrote:

*Multiplayer Lobby: so we in MP can speak without bothering #osu
Support!

Gabi wrote:

*Avatars next to names in MP lobby: in the list of names, their avatars could be next to them.
Unneccesary. No support.

Gabi wrote:

*Tag Ranking: yup its been suggested before i know ^^ :D
im not sure how this would be implemented, but i would LOVE to discuss this in a live chat instead of on forums.
No. Some maps have undivided combo colours (Nothing on my mind specifically) so you can't rank two people with hard and easy parts respectively on a same basis.

Gabi wrote:

*osu! Ingame calendar: just to make it a bit more friendlier.
on this, people can sign up (if accepted by Mods) stuff like un/official events (tournaments etc) or Bats/Mods/peppy can write down important announcements like bancho downtime or upcoming builds. also when a mod/bat etc writes something, you can see the calendar flashing, meaning an important message should be read.
The bold part would REALLY piss me off.
Topic Starter
Gabi

Wojjan wrote:

I disagree on the bold part, since when suddenly a lot of players would leave, you're left with 3 colours for 3 players. Bad idea. Let everyone decide. In the end, if you make a team on your own, it's only harder for you since you have more beats to click.
This is why you have a mature host to handle how many team colors are allowed to be picked. also if you end up with an un even number you can either go normal Tag coop mode, or just go back to 2 colors. (1 team would have 2 players and 1 team would have 1)

Wojjan wrote:

The bold part would REALLY piss me off.
like i said, only when really important messages are typed it will flash. by flash i didn't mean the whole osu screen flashing, i meant just a tiny little circle maybe in the upper left corner of the osu! main menu screen. not to noticable so it wont bother anyone, but it will make sure people look at it from time to time to see if anything important has to be said.

thanks for supporting most of it :D
Topic Starter
Gabi
bump :P :) :o
Lizbeth
I support this, really good ideas n_n
Lesjuh

Gabi wrote:

Great idea, I'd really like to have this implemented

Gabi wrote:

*Fixed Tag coop colors: When playing Tag coop, combo colors can get very hard to read, especially if you are the one who is playing with the grey/white notes, and on some maps even the red warning arrows dont show up. thats why we would like to suggest a fixed combo color, that you can setup in option and choose what color you want. this way each player gets a single note color, but other players notes will still be gray when it isn't your turn.

NOTE: do not mix this with Tag Team colors
Support! This is very annoying

Gabi wrote:

Don't forget the username of the spectator keeps popping-up and disappearing on the screen of the player while playing tag. Also, Osu! should show if the player is playing tag or head to head. This is ofcourse for the spectator.
Support!

Gabi wrote:

Something like this, but different graphics

Gabi wrote:

*Result screen in Tag coop mode when a team fail: Right now, if 2 teams play against each other without the nofail mod, and one of them fails, the game will just go to the fail scene and you go back to the mp lobby. it would be nice with a result screen after failing, to see which team failed, because this gets really confusing sometimes. sure a really small message pops up when failing but you arent really focused on that so its hard to spot.
I thought peppy was going to fix that anyway, ah well. support!

Gabi wrote:

*Multiplayer Lobby: so we in MP can speak without bothering #osu
Only if it automaticly popups when entering Multiplayer

Gabi wrote:

you could have the calendar connected with the forums, that way we can see when players/friends are having birthdays etc. you could also check the dates of when maps got ranked etc.
[/quote]

Peppy recently came up with this. It isn't ingame but has the same purpose.
http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&p=160777
Lissette
Support!! It will be nice all that to be implement.....

Specially these two....

Gabi wrote:

Btw, I was thinking, it will be nice, a New Version of Tag Coop for 2 players which one player move the mouse, and the other click/tab the notes, but I don't know if it's possible, can you tell me what you think, or if you think that is possible?

And other thing, The Progress IN PROGRESS???? It will be useful for MultiPlayer, if when someone join a match in progress, he can see the progress of the beatmap, so he don't have to wait to long, or maybe leave of the room, and the match its almost over, etc.... what do you think?

PS: Hope you understand my broken English n_nU
Topic Starter
Gabi

Lissette wrote:

Btw, I was thinking, it will be nice, a New Version of Tag Coop for 2 players which one player move the mouse, and the other click/tab the notes, but I don't know if it's possible, can you tell me what you think, or if you think that is possible?
for the moment i don't think this is possible due to latency differences. but im sure it will be possible in the future if LAN support would be implemented, but i really like the idea.

Lissette wrote:

And other thing, The Progress IN PROGRESS???? It will be useful for MultiPlayer, if when someone join a match in progress, he can see the progress of the beatmap, so he don't have to wait to long, or maybe leave of the room, and the match its almost over, etc.... what do you think?

PS: Hope you understand my broken English n_nU
great idea, i like it alot i will add it to the list. thanks :)
Soaprman
Bumping this thread because I really want to see some of this stuff added. (in particular, the choose-your-own-coop-color one)
Teara

Soaprman wrote:

Bumping this thread because I really want to see some of this stuff added. (in particular, the choose-your-own-coop-color one)
^

I also would love to see this implemented, would make tag coop so much more fun. I hate getting grey notes, missing 4-5 before realizing its my turn O.o ( and normally end up failing us ) D:
tsuka
ktgster
Support.
i sometimes miss when im black or white.
rust45
I support this.
Topic Starter
Gabi
BAMP!
Soaprman
I still want this stuff.
Hanyuu
Yes! Support 97%
!!

support support support (again) XD
Sousei
ooo that calendar thing sounds kool :)
SteRRuM
yeah, +1
Lizbeth
Topic Starter
Gabi
ooh thanks for the bump. also woooooo we hit 100+ supporters :D

here is a list of the stuff added to osu! so far.

*More Detailed Tag Results* *ADDED*

*Result screen in Tag coop mode when a team fail* *ADDED*

*Multiplayer Lobby* *ADDED*

i hope more will get implemented :)
anonymous_old
I would break down this topic into smaller chunks if I were you. Some of these deserve a different priority and each will get its own form of support. Separate topics would be much more organized and effective.
Topic Starter
Gabi

strager wrote:

I would break down this topic into smaller chunks if I were you. Some of these deserve a different priority and each will get its own form of support. Separate topics would be much more organized and effective.
peppy told me not do this. he said i should gather all our ideas into 1 topic. i guess i could mark the ones that needs top priority? idk if anyone looks at this topic anymore though
show more