forum

Miss counter

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
Rolling Boy
HI

My idea is a Counter missing notes.
This is a very simple idea but, for me, very useful. I imagine something like this:

Obviously this counter would also be in taiko, CTB(please!) and mania.

Thanks for reading. :)
TheVileOne
I wouldn't mind this. Good idea.
Winshley
Similar to this request, but with complete list of hit judgements and only for osu!mania (though people posted there wanting it to be applicable on all modes).
theowest

Winshley wrote:

Similar to this request, but with complete list of hit judgements and only for osu!mania
I would actually prefer that one, it's a lot less noticeable. It reminds me of testing from the editor.

Winshley wrote:

(though people posted there wanting it to be applicable on all modes).
Definitely.
boat
And toggleable or at least skinnable. If not, then no thanks.
theowest

boat wrote:

speaking of which t/121443

Request about being able to skin all score elements separately from the gameplay. Most people in this thread seem to support that idea already.
Aqo
ohhh a counter for amount of misses? yes please, that's actually very useful. I always try to remember them in my head x_x this would save a ton of hassle
VoidnOwO
:)
Topic Starter
Rolling Boy

boat wrote:

Yes, that would be great, could be used the same skin of the numbers. (default-0, default-1 ...)
TheVileOne
If you can't skin/ toggle the combo counter, why do you think peppy would allow you to skin/toggle this?
Topic Starter
Rolling Boy

TheVileOne wrote:

If you can't skin/ toggle the combo counter, why do you think peppy would allow you to skin/toggle this?
Yeah you're right
LoGo

TheVileOne wrote:

Combo is essential, misses are not.
Also don't quite see reason for this, you can see misses in the end and what's the point of knowing how much you missed while playing '-' ?
boat

TheVileOne wrote:

Technically you can, actually. Just not separately.

I didn't propose a toggle or the option to skin it just to make it look fancy, I just deem a miss counter to be completely unnecessary and useless and therefor would very much like the choice to not have it displayed.

I know when and how much I've missed, I don't need more clutter on the playfield to shove it into my face all the time.
D33d
I would enjoy this feature if it can be implemented in a non-intrusive manner. I often find myself trying to think about areas where I've screwed up while playing a map and then becoming frustrated at how many objects I've actually missed/mistimed. Sure, I could watch replays, but it'd be nice to have more direct feedback while I'm playing. This feature could be opt-in and then nobody needs to feel like they're having extra clutter foisted upon them.
Oinari-sama
Gees that Title really should be renamed. I thought this thread is about missing notes in some old maps.
Winshley

Oinari-sama wrote:

Gees that Title really should be renamed. I thought this thread is about missing notes in some old maps.
Done.

I thought it's more like "something to prevent missing notes". :?
Oinari-sama
Thanks Winshley, a lot better now!
chelly

boat wrote:

theowest

PikaPika677 wrote:

boat wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/121443
Lally
i don't think is needed since we can see at the end of the map how many misses we did and i don't think i'll care during playing to see how many misses i did.