forum

Swiss Chat-Channel [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +72
Topic Starter
Unbr34k4bl3
I'd be cool to have a #swiss channel, so that people out of switzerland can talk in their respective dialect. (So we don't need to talk in german and rather talk swiss-german)
I apologize for my bad english.
theowest
not sure how active you guys really are in chat though
https://osu.ppy.sh/p/pp?c=CH

I haven't seen many swiss people post in the forums either.
This kind of reminds me of the #ukrainian channel requests, but they actually have a much bigger community for once.
Irreversible
o.o
Liqo
i'll support this with all my might, we dont rly fit into #german

but switzerland is a country with 3 main language, and we have many french speaking player in switzerland, but if theres no rule to speak german(swissgerman).. i wouldnt see a problem.
Akryser
own chat channel of switzerland
i´ll support it :)
Stefan

Liqo wrote:

i'll support this with all my might, we dont rly fit into #german

but switzerland is a country with 3 main language, and we have many french speaking player in switzerland, but if theres no rule to speak german(swissgerman).. i wouldnt see a problem.
Then use #german, #french and.. a third Channel for the last language.
Tshemmp
You guys can't be serious. Next someone will request #bavaria or what?
XPJ38
Waiting for #romansh

Uh, we can't create a channel for every dialect in the world, and you know why. Just for Dutch, there would be #Dutch, #WestFlemish, #Zeelandic and even #FrenchFlemish if we go on that way.

theowest wrote:

This kind of reminds me of the #ukrainian channel requests, but they actually have a much bigger community for once.
And yeah, there is also this.
Stefan

XPJ38 wrote:

Waiting for #romansh

Uh, we can't create a channel for every dialect in the world, and you know why.
or #austrian.. or #irish.. or #scotish..
Oinari-sama
lol there are probably more Chinese dialects than existing language specific channels
Sakura
Once again, Language specific channels are for Languages, not countries.
GladiOol

XPJ38 wrote:

Waiting for #romansh

Uh, we can't create a channel for every dialect in the world, and you know why. Just for Dutch, there would be #Dutch, #WestFlemish, #Zeelandic and even #FrenchFlemish if we go on that way.

theowest wrote:

And yeah, there is also this.
Don't forget #frisian, which can be divided in to the #west frisian in NL and the #saterland, #north frisian and #east frisian in germany.
Irreversible
swiss german is a language ok.
Sakura
Yeah and probably we should add #latin-spanish, #simplified-chinese, #traditional-chinese... you can see where im going with this?
Liqo
its obvious what you trying to tell us, but in my opinion, there should be a channel with no language rule.
the point there is, that we dont have to split up our country community into 3 channels.

the most of switzerlands ppl are talking german, and also, more or less, french and italian.
there are very much peoples with 2 mainlanguage (french and german as example).

and also, we are requesting a countrychat, not a language specific channel. otherwise we could add 5-10 only swiss german dialects. + french and +italian. just for our little community? no.

yet, we aren't a really big community, so it would be sad, if we keep up splitting our community into 3 channels.
Sakura

Liqo wrote:

and also, we are requesting a countrychat, not a language specific channel. otherwise we could add 5-10 only swiss german dialects. + french and +italian. just for our little community? no.

Sakura wrote:

Once again, Language specific channels are for Languages, not countries.
Stefan

Liqo wrote:

the most of switzerlands ppl are talking german, and also, more or less, french and italian.
there are very much peoples with 2 mainlanguage (french and german as example).
If so, use #french/#german. If you want to communicate with italian Swiss people, use the private Chat.
XPJ38

Liqo wrote:

and also, we are requesting a countrychat, not a language specific channel.
That would create some conflicts, don't you think? Here is an example: a French-speaking only guy lands into a discussion in German. He requests people to talk in French, but they refuse because the discussion is already on its way. He gets mad, leaves #swiss and go to #french. Eventually, the channel will either only talk in German or in English (for every people to understand the discussion), which is pointless.

It's like in real life, really. There will be some people who will be rejected because of language if country-specific channels are created. That's why channels are language-specific.
Loctav
Swiss German is no complete own language. This request stays invalid. Use #German. (and by the way the Swiss people are by far the first German speakers who WRITE in their dialect. Even if other regions use other words for specific things, I can barely recall anyone from Austria, Bavaria or Saxonia who WRITE like they talk.
-> Joa des wüad nüscht. ik wüads loss'n.)
Stefan

Loctav wrote:

Joa des wüad nüscht. ik wüads loss'n
God no, please
show more