forum

Combine artist, artist, source, and tags keywords in search

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
I am not sure if this belongs in feature request or technical support, but it has been around for a while.
Also, this is a little hard for me to phrase, so let me give some examples first.

Note: This only applies in-game.

Lets say you are searching for a K-On! map, so you type in K-On! and get a bunch of results. You want to narrow down your results, so you add on "thank you" to your search. Now, you get 0 results.

Another example, if you type in an artist name, like Hatsune Miku. You will again get a lot of spells. If you just add on " spell" to your search, hoping to find Recommended Spell, you will be sad to know that you will get 0 results. Instead you must type "Hatsune Miku - Recommended Spell", not "Hatsune Miku - Spell" or "Hatsune Miku Recommended Spell."

As a way around this, some people add of the words in every other field to the tags list, which technically solves this problem, but I don't think people should do that. Instead, all items in all fields should act like they are in the same bucket, like if they were all tags.
Oinari-sama
It's working for me though....both "hatsune miku recommended" and "hatsune miku recommended spell"

hatsune miku spell too
deadbeat
doesn't work like that in-game though. just tested it :p
Oinari-sama
Oh was the OP referring to in game? /facepalm

In game search doesn't like mixing artist and song name unless you get the "-" in the right place. Searching for "recommended" or "spell" works, but "spell miku" returns 0 result.

Yeah would be nice if this can be added.
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi

Oinari-sama wrote:

Oh was the OP referring to in game? /facepalm

In game search doesn't like mixing artist and song name unless you get the "-" in the right place. Searching for "recommended" or "spell" works, but "spell miku" returns 0 result.

Yeah would be nice if this can be added.
Really sorry about that, I'll change the op to say wtihin game (title is too short xD)
those
Currently, in-game search goes through the "Tags" part of all your .osu files as one string. If your search input string is contained within a certain .osu's Tags string, it will show up on the list. That is, for example, searching "orld ep k" will bring up http://osu.ppy.sh/s/81136 as one result, since "orld ep k" is found in "vocaloid tell your world ep kz hatsune miku".

In-game search will not separate the Tags string into separate entries, so this will require a different coding, if possible.
Oinari-sama
I wonder if this is also one of those things which peppy plans to address in osz2?