forum

Spectator's Chain [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +68
Topic Starter
Katsuri

When your friend is spectating another user, then you click to spectate your friend and automatically starts spectating the user your friend is spectating. If your friend stop spectating that user you keep spectating that user.

example:

User X is spectating user Y. User Z clicks to spectate user X, then automatically starts spectating user Y. Player X starts spectating user P, but user Z keeps spectating user Y.

examples with pictures:

Caco Roth
wtf is dis
antsu
I support this because it's a nice idea and because fabriciorby is handsome.
fabriciorby
lol thats me

PROMOTE
Topic Starter
Katsuri

fabriciorby wrote:

lol thats me

PROMOTE
fabriciorby
PROMOTE
blissfulyoshi
MouseEasy
GENIUS!

gogo!
[Luanny]

antsu wrote:

I support this because it's a nice idea and because fabriciorby is handsome.
benguin
They should just make a new mode where you get points for spectating and you get bonus points for chains and stuff, that would be hilarious :D
winber1

Caco Roth wrote:

wtf is dis
A PRO REQUEST.
[Luanny]

benguin wrote:

They should just make a new mode where you get points for spectating and you get bonus points for chains and stuff, that would be hilarious :D
I would be #1
Kuro
Duplicate? :o

Slight variation in request compared to blissfulyoshi's:
  1. t/76416?hilit=spectator
but the same nonetheless... :?
blissfulyoshi

Kuro wrote:

Duplicate? :o

Slight variation in request compared to blissfulyoshi's:
  1. t/76416?hilit=spectator
but the same nonetheless... :?
I am probably going to mark mine as duplicate and just continue off this one since this one has far more stars.
theowest
add your information in that case.
blissfulyoshi

theowest wrote:

add your information in that case.
Since Katsuri screenshotted my post in the initial post, it should be fine.
Kuro

blissfulyoshi wrote:

I am probably going to mark mine as duplicate and just continue off this one since this one has far more stars.
Ok, that'll be fine since he has his own information and screenshot yours
theowest
oh right. didn't see that. puush wasn't working.
peppy
I thought about this during implementation, but the added complexity was not worth the yield in my eyes.
Topic Starter
Katsuri

peppy wrote:

I thought about this during implementation, but the added complexity was not worth the yield in my eyes.
but it's not a "no" already, right?
PhiLL A
That would be so useful, support!
Kuro

Katsuri wrote:

peppy wrote:

but it's not a "no" already, right?
lol, your request might be in danger :lol:
xRayne
So a spectator watching a spectator watching another player.
I'm okay with this.
TheVileOne
I don't know why the name for this idea is so misleading. All that is needed is a Join Spectated User button. There's no need to refer to it as a chain.
ReVeNg3r

benguin wrote:

this
jemhuntr

TheVileOne wrote:

I don't know why the name for this idea is so misleading. All that is needed is a Join Spectated User button. There's no need to refer to it as a chain.
but it sounds like a chain.
antsu
KISS principle.

There's no need to name it, just make it transparent to the players. osu! would just check if the player you're going to spectate is already spectating someone, and if true, then spec this "someone".
The game already shows the name of the "other player" that a player is spectating in your contact list, like "Blue Dragon is watching Katsuri play abc - xyz", so implementing this can't be that hard.
H_Hitachiin
This would be interesting.
Tshemmp

TheVileOne wrote:

Check the image from blissfulyoshi's post again. He says he wants to spectate the person (A) who is spectating another person (X). If (A) then starts to spectate (Y) he wants to spectate (Y) aswell. And if (Y) is spectating a person (Z) by himself he then wants to spectate (Z) although he clicked on spectate (A). So it is a spectator chain.

Aaand support.
Enna Alouette
yeah i support this o.o//
bomber34
nice and pure love for this request
JFRN
lol, clever request, support.
XPJ38
No support, because I don't necessarily want to spec another player than the one I wanted to spec at first. Current behaviour is fine imo.
Mystyk
support
Winshley
What would happen if, for example, I happened to spectate my friend playing, and then my friend decides to spectate his friend after playing? Won't that be confusing?
Kanye West
What would happen if you spectated your friend who spectated your other friend who spectated you?
deadbeat
3 people will get bored waiting for something to happen \o/
jemhuntr
or osu! would tell the last spectator that he is trying to spectate someone who belongs to his spectator chain, which would lead to

deadbeat wrote:

3 people will get bored waiting for something to happen \o/
that would be nice too xD
deadbeat
[peppy] Follow spectator target if they are spectating someone else.

added now i guess :O
-libili
Its not working for me. tested with about 5 people.
Bug report inc :3
deadbeat
MillhioreF and i have already tested this and will be checking up on this as often as well need to. i'll post here again when i have more information.
-libili

deadbeat wrote:

MillhioreF and i have already tested this and will be checking up on this as often as well need to. i'll post here again when i have more information.
Woops.. could you delete then my bug report?
theowest

cool

it comes with a lot of bugs though t/132537