Spectator chain bugs [confirmed]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
theowest
  1. Too many spectator messages
    Easiest to replicate
  2. Infinite F9 (online users) scrolling: t/145060
    Not sure how to replicate this yet, but I do know it has to do with the fact that when you stop spectating someone the online users list jumps up a bit and I guess it can jump outside the fixed border causing infinite scrolling to happen
    Probably the most entertaining out of these bugs.
  3. Status message is wrong

It should say Saten's spectating Zallius

I'm pretty sure this happens when you spectate through 2 or more users, one of which being yourself. You basically create a loop, but everyone's actually just spectating one person. The status field is the only thing that get scrambled.

So the result is it will say that I'm playing what Zallius is playing in the status of Saten's userpanel
  4. Spectating through other person makes you start from the beginning of the map

and the cursor is still in once place until it loads? which can take a while for some reason. Pretty sure this is already reported as another spectator bug too.
  5. Actual user will be playing with flashlight for a breif second if the user you're spectating through has an old status of what the person is actually playing.
    This can happen when the host is changing maps and the user you're spectating through hasn't got time to catch up yet.
  6. User is idle/afk but is still on the spectator list

When the actual user playing changed the map however, it made me spectate him again with a proper status on my userpanel.

So what I think is happening is that I became AFK and after a fail, spectating Zallius play stopped but I'm technically still spectating him. Other users spectating him can see me being idle or afk but still have me on the spectator list.

This is actually a common bug happening a lot with spectating and being afk I think, I believe there should be a topic about this.
Saten
I can confirm all but #5 since I witnessed them while we were testing before.

On #1 the map seems loads a bit extra when that happens.

I don't think I need to mention the others since it would just be the same thing.
ReVeNg3r

theowest wrote:

[*]
Infinite F9 (online users) scrolling
Not sure how to replicate this yet, but I do know it has to do with the fact that when you stop spectating someone the online users list jumps up a bit and I guess it can jump outside the fixed border causing infinite scrolling to happen:

mean this p/2225488/ ?
Topic Starter
theowest

ReVeNg3r wrote:

theowest wrote:

[*]
Infinite F9 (online users) scrolling
Not sure how to replicate this yet, but I do know it has to do with the fact that when you stop spectating someone the online users list jumps up a bit and I guess it can jump outside the fixed border causing infinite scrolling to happen:

mean this http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/2225488/ ?
marked yours as duplicate since mine contains more bugs and more solid ways of replicating it

also moved this topic to low priority.
peppy
I've fixed #1. Not sure how important the rest are, but will look at them as we go.