forum

Skin Preview for different game modes and reloading.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +22
Topic Starter
CXu
So yeah, I have absolutely no idea if this have been requested before but here it is:

1. I would like to be able to select what game-mode is being previewed, as only showing osu!standard doesn't tell me anything about the other skin elements
  2. And to tell osu! to refresh/reload/whatever the folder of the currently selected skin, so you can easily see changes you do on your skin elements.
Put them somewhere on this screen:

Adding a picture just for the sake of having one.
theowest
ah, this would definitely improve the skin preview.
jemhuntr
support ^_^
MLGnom
You can actually reload actual skin by pressing "Shift+Alt+S". Works only in osu! main menu, options menu, ranking panel, game mode select and skin select window.
ann_old

MLGnom wrote:

You can actually reload actual skin by pressing "Shift+Alt+S". Works only in osu! main menu, options menu, ranking panel, game mode select and skin select window.
I thought this thread was about previewing the skin for different modes like osu!, osu!mania and those others.
edit: I didn't see the reloading part is the title, my eyes must be getting bad.

Support!
mnh48

ann wrote:

MLGnom wrote:

I thought this thread was about previewing the skin for different modes like osu!, osu!mania and those others.

Support!
I will support it too!! :)
Kurokami
Support. Easier to take a look at the recently done skin elements if I made them for CtB/Taiko/Mania.
Frizz
Support too. Would really be useful for creating skin imho
peppy
You can reload at any menu using Ctrl+Shift+Alt+S. You may need to transition a menu after this to have everything work correctly.
MLGnom

peppy wrote:

You can reload at any menu using Ctrl+Shift+Alt+S. You may need to transition a menu after this to have everything work correctly.
Oh, noticed that you only need to use Shift+Alt+S to reload when using Polish keyboard settings. Good to know. D:
Back to topic.

This might look something like this :
And would work well with this request : t/96865 .
Game could detect with one game mode is skinned and allow to choose only from these.
Sakura
Supporting this feature! would be really nice if it's added

wow it's been a while since i actually supported a feature request.
peppy
This will likely not happen anytime soon due to the inherent complexity vs small return.
deadbeat
bumping
what about having it display the active game mode. so if the last game someone played was osu!mania, the skin preview would be for osu!mania
-hx

deadbeat wrote:

bumping
what about having it display the active game mode. so if the last game someone played was osu!mania, the skin preview would be for osu!mania
I like this version idea, i'll bump it. Support, also.