forum

OT Presidential Election 2023 - The Calling

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ShinRun

OT PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION 2023

As some of you may know, it's time for the yearly OT presidential election.
Denizens from all over the osu forums are encouraged to vote for the next president, one that will bring hope and prosperity to OT.
By the end of this event, the title of the fifth OT president shall be claimed by one of you unlucky folks.
I would like to give a big thank to abraker, Tad Fibonacci and ClevelandsMyBro for letting me host the election this year.

I, ShinRun wish the best for all presidential candidates with their unique campaign.
Similar to Cleveland's jizz from last year's, I introduce introduce the C.U.M
The
C
alling
Utterance
Mandate

Phase 1: The Calling

In this phase of the election, we call upon the numerous denizen to join the election and register here.

1. During this phase, any OT denizen not under any criminal charges or convictions may register as a presidential candidate.
  2. Whomever wishes to apply as a presidential candidate should fill a registration form that will be provided later in this thread.
  3. Besides the required information, the future candidate may provide additional information about themselves or their future campaign, excluding attacks, bribery or any kind of manipulation against other fellow candidates.
  4. The registration form shall serve as your presidential campaign speech so additional information about your campaign is highly welcome.
This phase shall last for 7 days, any registration submitted after 8 PM on March 6th (GMT -5) shall be rejected and nulled.

Phase 2: The Utterance

In this phase of the election, presidential candidates will be required to utter their opinion and vision to questions Denizens will submit.

1. After all the candidates have registered themselves, they shall be summoned to "OT Presidential Elections 2023 - The Utterance" thread to answer questions given to them by either OT Parliament or denizens whom choose to contact me and submit their questions to the candidates.
  2. If a candidate refuses or can't answer a given question, they shall be disqualified from running a presidential campaign.
  3. Do note that denizen submitted questions shall be sent through either my osu chat or to my Discord. Some questions may not be considered for being irrelevant or other undisclosed reasons.
  4. A denizen may submit the question to the candidates anonymously if they choose so.
This phase shall also last for 7 days.

Phase 3: The Mandate

In the last phase of the election, denizens are encouraged to vote for their preferred presidential candidate. The one who receive the most vote shall be presented with the mandate to rule and govern OT.

1. This phase shall begin after the second phase has completed, voting will be open for all OT denizens.
    Each denizen (incl. candidates) can only vote for one candidate (or themselves if they run a presidential campaign).
  2. Denizens who had voted must confirm that they have voted in "OT Presidential Elections 2023 - The Mandate" thread.
  3. Each voter will be provided a unique token after they have voted. Once the results have been announced, a voter may find whom they voted for by their token listed in the voting results.
  4. Candidates are allowed to create further campaign speeches during the voting either in this thread or as a separate thread. (Example: "xxx for President", "xxx gayest man Presidential Campaign 2023", etc.)
This phase will also last 7 days with the winner at the end be crowned the new President of OT.

Registration Form and Campaign Rules

Registration Form:

Please ensure all of these are ticked on your registration to be considered valid.
  1. Introduction. (Username, position in OT, which OT generation are you from, etc.)
  2. Registration reason.
  3. Past OT experiences: (Honestly, anything notable you had done at OT.)
  4. Your vision of OT as a President.
Example
- Good morning, afternoon and night fellow Denizens. I, xxx am a very active and well-known member of gen 8.

- I am registering because I want to be coo- I mean I want to make OT a better place.

- I have produced a crap ton of furry rp thread and a bunch of shitpost.

- I will build a wall to keep all the GD dwellers out.

Election Rules:

1. Buying votes, bribery or any action that undermine fairness of the election are prohibited. Anyone found in violation of this shall be immediately disqualified.
  2. A denizen may only vote once, even themselves if they run their own campaign. However, anyone found committing vote manipulation using clones or any other means of population inflation to increase their votes shall be disqualified.
  3. Anyone who uses clones or any other means of population inflation to increase candidate's votes shall be arrested by OT Police and disqualified if found to be an OT Presidential Candidate.
  4. Candidates are prohibited from cooperation between themselves.
  5. Treat everyone properly and keep it civil. You obviously have a right for free speech and expression of yourself, but you shall not use those rights to attack a candidate with slander or any other way to undermine someone's presidential campaign. Constructive criticism is welcome, however.
List of Registered Candidates:
- ghoulybits
- Stomiks
- Tad Fibonacci
- YyottaCat
- Karmine
- eblf2013
Stomiks
Sounds fun lemme try
ghoulybits
Hello, fellow denizens. Some of you may know me as the esteemed eight gen CEO of GhoulyMart LLC, while others may know me as the spouse of world-famous piece of software, [name redacted]. All of you, however, know me as your current president of OT.

I am registering to run for president once more, since according to the OT!Constitution, I am still eligible for another term. I believe that due to my experiences as president, I am well suited to the many, many stressors that occur in this position (cough cough the whole denizenship issue a couple months back), and I have plenty of experience negotiating with not only outside political forces but also fellow members of the government.

My vision for OT is to bring back Ye Olden Days of high quality RP, complete with copious misuse of photoshop, over-complicated political factions that do not matter in the slightest, and a sense of community that links both denizen and dweller alike. In order to achieve this, I plan to uphold the current system of denizenship and work with my fellow government members to create new measures to encourage threads that are entertaining and fun for all.

I personally have plenty of experience making high quality RP threads (GhoulyMart being my pride and joy), and I've been active on OT for over two years now. I've also been involved in the moderation of the famed OT!GN server, as well as the time-honored neus tradition of arguing with LoserOtaku about the blackpill at 1 am. Because of this, I am confident in saying I have more than enough experience on OT to be qualified for this position.

I hope you all will consider voting for me once more in the 2023 election.
Jarcrafted
Bruh farts
Let's see who gets elected cult leader
[ Sebastian ]
So I'm guessing I can't run or even vote since I'm not a verified denizen yet. That's upsetting to hear. But even with that, good luck to all the people who are running in this election.
Cerno
honk honk

excited to see the candidates
Manishh
I was waiting for this for soo long. I was unable to vote last year because of being non-denizen at that time.

Mrs. Ghoulybits, you disappointed me this year. There were little to no new effort by the government in term of RP. The denizen drama was fun but it also happened because the government could not complete citizens requirement.

-remi will be this year president
ghoulybits

Manishh wrote:

I was waiting for this for soo long. I was unable to vote last year because of being non-denizen at that time.

Mrs. Ghoulybits, you disappointed me this year. There were little to no new effort by the government in term of RP. The denizen drama was fun but it also happened because the government could not complete citizens requirement.

The denizen drama only happened because y'all don't know how to fucking read
Manishh

ghoulybits wrote:

Manishh wrote:

You gonna teach me how to read huh
[ Sebastian ]

ghoulybits wrote:

Manishh wrote:

I forgot what happened then. All I remember is everyone was talking about how denizenship should change. It's funny that we all were fighting over something that didn't even get changed.
ghoulybits

Manishh wrote:

ghoulybits wrote:

Manishh wrote:

Yes.
Manishh

ghoulybits wrote:

Manishh wrote:

ghoulybits wrote:

Manishh wrote:

Yes.
Women scary
Need to hide

[ Sebastian ]

Manishh wrote:

ghoulybits wrote:

Manishh wrote:

ghoulybits wrote:

Manishh wrote:

Yes.
Women scary
Need to hide

Yes, become one of them to truly hide from them.
Stomiks

Stomiks' super alluring and super convincing presidential speech

Greetings, Oldfags, Midfags, Newfags, and any other fags out there. I am Stomiks, OT's denizen stickman, easily recognizable by my pretty bulbous and pretty attractive head if I do say so myself. I am part of the up and coming 9th generation of OT and the head of British Megacorp©️™️.

I am here to register and possibly run for president for this year's election. I believe that with my fresh take on OT as part of 9th gen, I can give the OT!Government with new and creative ways to improve OT's landscape, and provide them with useful solutions to any possible problems that might occur during this term. I will speak to the hearts of our denizens, and devote myself to my public service if I am elected the President of OT.

My vision for OT is to improve our current reputation of being the garbage bin for the osu!Forums. And so, I want to make OT more welcoming for any newcomers and any visitors that might stumble upon this place, urging them to learn more about our culture and OT as a whole. I also want to turn OT into a place where threads with effort put into them would be highly encouraged and appreciated.

I may have been here in OT for only 1 year, however, in that timespan, I have made many contributions and experiences that would prove that I am worthy of being your new OT President. You may be able to find my full list of experiences in this thread, but here are my most notable ones:

1. Made an abundance of creative and high effort threads throughout my time here
2. Am apart of multiple OT-related projects together with other people such as OT!Tierlists
3. Wrote your vile and sickening fanfictions
4. Became your therapist
5. Became your librarian
6. Has experience in various OT!RP
7. Created and hosted the critically acclaimed, OT's Got Talent

As a closing statement, I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to read my presidential speech. I hope you would all recognize voting for me for this year's presidential election. And I promise, I will do my utmost in order to make OT prosper.
Topic Starter
ShinRun
Oh wait am I allowed to run for president despite hosting this
Manishh

ShinRun wrote:

Oh wait am I allowed to run for president despite hosting this
No
-Umbreon-
cool
DM FOR MUTUAL
So are non-denizens just spectators
his everything