forum

A-Br*king Halloween Story Contest

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci

Halloween Story Contest

Hello fellow OT denizens!
It's me, ya boi abr*ker the r*yal mad scientist that kidnaps, dissect and operate inhumane human testing.

Today, our brightest idiots at A-Br*king Laboratories have decided to hold a story telling/writing contest for all OT denizens!
(Those idiots will ever know that I'm collecting data from this to perfect my creations)

Anyway, rules are simple. Anyone denizen from OT or not can participate.
Write your best horror stories bellow and me, abr*ker will personally rate them.
The results will be based on my opinion, so if your story isn't rated very well then it's completely your fault for not catering to my personal high standards of quality story telling.

But, to help you all out a bit, I will base my rating on the following:

- Story's theme and atmosphere. (Something that has heavy Halloween or horror theme would generally be rated well)
- Quality of writing.
- Interesting characters.
- Spooky elements.

And most important of all, be creative!
I'm sure each person would have their own best version of a Halloween story.
Keep in mind that your writing should not be too long, I'll have to read all entries to rate them so I'd go crazy if I'll have to read 3000 words post every time someone tells their story.
And please keep the story easy to digest, fancy words are fine but whole sentences written in Shakespearian English will also makes me want to overdose on 𝓢𝓚𝓘𝓛𝓛.
I don't want to have to use a dictionary to understand what the story is even about either.
(Looking at a certain blue skeleton)

That's about it for rules.
Good luck to all!

Story Ratings

Levesterz - 1/10 + 0.5 extra points for trying.
pentaqola - 7.5/10
abraker - 8.8/10
Ashton - 8.5/10
samX500 - 6.4/10
Ashton
Deadline?
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci

Ashton wrote:

Deadline?

Hello there Ashton, it's abr*ker here.

The deadline will be in about a couple of days.
levesterz
Alnix:* look at the paper* I guess this is the place then.

# scene 22 queen of the doll

Location : somewhere in the outskirt of the Eastale Forest . Infront of the a small house. the exterior of the house look like a typical wooden house. Nothing out of ordinary whatsoever

Alnix knock the door but the door suddenly open . stood there for a second and begin to walk slowly into the house. In the house there is a long dark narrow path that at the end of it look like a door.

Alnix:*shout* Hello anyone there ?

There a few second of silent before a sound of a little girl can be heard echoing in the pathway.

???: *giggle* Welcome. Never thought you come and alone just like what I wrote to you *laughing maniacally*

Alnix: *wondering where there sound come form * Who are you ? show your self.

???: *giggle* That for me to know and for you to find out. Ahh before we dive in the story deeper . Let mee check on something

Alnix: Huh?

???: Tsk Tsk an un authorize copy of this story ehh. you really think that I can`t sense it dont you. Well I cant let you pass beyond this point then. but dont be sad as I will direct you to an alternative copypast...... i mean story. theheheh

I need to get this off my chest

This is a story of what I went through a couple years ago. I didn't feel like sharing until now since it haunted me for some time. I just want to get
this off my chest, and leave it behind.

It was just another weekend of me wasting my life away, playing osu!. I finished catching up to the newly ranked maps and felt like exploring the
pending section. I was searching for a map that would blow my mind away, just like the first time I saw Knife Party - Centipede. Most maps with
extreme difficulty were crap, either troll maps or some other fucked up abomination. A good amount of time passed since I started browsing, and I
started to get bored.

I had thought on clicking that “x” on the tab, but noticed a map with a strange name. Its title looked screwed up as if the romanization did not
work properly. It had one difficulty and was less than a minute long. I don't remember the mapper but I think he was Australian, but looking back, it
wouldn’t be surprising if he used a VPN. What I do remember is that the map’s description was as follows,
"01110011011011110111001001110010011110010111000001101111011011110111001001110011011011110111010101101100011100000110
11000110000101111001011011010110000101110000"

Since I had nothing better to do, bored me decided to break the code. I remember trying every hash decrypter online just to find out that it was
just ASCII in binary. I was ready to throw out my laptop out the window, but took a breather instead. I came back and took a look at what it said.
It translates to something I still can’t forget, "sorrypoorsoulplaymap". Judging by the crazy high BPM, I was expecting it to be one of those maps
that even auto would have trouble on. I decided it would be my last map for the day and play it for funsies. I proceeded to download the map and
import it into osu!, but I heard nothing after the import… It was total silence. Yes, I did check my volume settings and it was a blank track.

Most maps with blanked out tracks have hitsounds, so I unticked "ignore beatmap hitsounds" just in case. I was tired after that grueling code
cracking, but didn’t skip the intro since it was quite short. While looking at the skip button, I realized the texture was a bit glitched. I believe osu!
didn’t have the memory leaks or texture corruption bugs back then, so I still don’t know how that was possible.

As I sat through the song, I noticed the progress display showing that the beatmap was halfway done. There was not a single note played so far,
which puzzled me. It was around the last 2 seconds where all of the sudden something on screen flashed just scrolled through and the results
screen appeared. Zero 300's, zero 200's, zero 100's... and there was a negative number for the miss count. I am unsure how at least the million
notes didn’t manage to lag shit on my piece of toaster trash, but needless to say, it was a troll map.

The following day I went on osu! to grind some pp. I didn't feel like playing the standard mode, so I switched to mania. I was a 100k scrub at that
time, barely making it to 3 stars. I remember trying to pass Monster (DotEXE Remix) for hours on end. I decided to play it, expecting to miss
randomly as always due to those freakn’ SV’s. I skipped the intro and was presented with a black screen. There were no notes.. This was a clear
indicator the game was fucking up. I was thinking to alt-tab out for some time, but it seems I waited long enough for the map to reach the end.
However, something weird happened. I once again saw a flash on the screen, something scrolling past, and the results screen popped up. Misses:
zero, 50's: zero, 100's: zero, 200's: zero, 300's: zero, Perfects... 583. It was a full 1,000,000 score, getting myself #1 in the global ranks.

At this point my mind was blank. I didn't hit a single note, but I got full perfect! It was absurd. I clicked on another song I had struggled with at the
time called Mermaid Girl. Again, there was a black background, no notes. 927 perfect's, full 1,000,000 score! Now, what would a typical noob do
given this godly power? You guessed it, play the hardest map. So I scrolled to AiAe and clicked it. Seeing me #1 on the map’s leaderboard was
weird. I did nothing, yet I beat everyone. AND HOLY SHIT, That 780 pp!

Looking back, bancho was REALLY slacking if it couldn’t tell something’s up. The osu! community, however, caught on quickly (now I know it was
osugame). It didn't take long for me to start getting PM’s from players accusing me of hacking. My response: "I am not a hacker. I am just playing
the maps". I didn’t know any better at the time. It was a couple months since I first started playing osu! I didn't know how everything worked. Get banned? Nope, didn't even cross my mind! I went on to become the #1 in the world, surpassing Ideu- in mania at the time. And then I thought,
why not dominate other gamemodes too?

I lasted maybe a day until the inevitable happened. There was not much else to do other than tell about this supposed magical map that used some
glitch in osu! to allow me to perfect every map. I spent at least an hour painstakingly scrolling through the thousands of maps I had, trying to find
that glitched map until I remembered that I can sort by date added. It should have been near the bottom of the list, but it wasn't. It wasn't even
in the songs folder. Spending hours trying to find this cursed map on the beatmap listing was also resulted in a fail. Maybe bloodcat had it, but how
the fuck do you write that jumbled mess of a title?

I had nothing else to do but hope the osu! staff believed me. I submitted an appeal request saying that I just played maps, something flashed, and
I got a full perfect. The osu! staff did not disappoint me! I got an email back saying, "You are not telling the truth. Tell the truth or Fuck Off!". How
was I supposed to explain this anomaly? I sent them a reply explaining that I was telling the truth. I explained how the map is not there anymore, gave the mapper's name and everything. Unfortunately, there was no proof. Neither the mapper nor the beat-map existed.. And now my old
account doesn't exist. However, I did get a middle-finger meme from peppy in the email, which was rather sweet of him.

I decided not to create drama on the forums and reddit since I doubted it would get my account back. It was only a couple months when I
decided to fuck the rules and make a new account. All info about me was wiped anyway, nobody should know who I was. Then why did I decide
to tell this now? I feel like I needed get rid of a haunted part of my past. And it doesn't matter to me that my previous identity got wiped
anymore. I got over it.

If you read through this far, then thank you. I won’t be answering any questions regarding this, so the mods can just lock this. Sorry. It’s not
something I like to talk about and the fact that I mustered up the courage to even post this is enough.
Achromalia
intriguing. i'll conjure somethin' up when i'm home.
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci
Levesterz's story:

It had potential at first, but then it slowly devolved into a hot mess.
Not much of a horror story nor a Halloween themed one.
Not to mention it's too long, so long that I suspect it's a copypasta.

If this was a copypasta contest then you would do relatively well, but it's not.

Rating: 1/10 + 0.5 extra points for trying.
pentaqola
Not so long ago in a small neighborhood, kids were trick-or-treating... You know what time it is, Halloween! Kids around this neighborhood love Halloween, and they try to get a lot of candy during this time. Two kids in this neighborhood had the most candy, Their names was Marlou, and Amy. They are best friends, at least for Marlou.

Marlou and Amy were going to the next house, only to see a black cat whose eyes are a golden yellow. Marlou was interested by this cat, and told Amy to follow it with him. Amy agrees with his idea, and follows him.

They followed the black cat, the cat lead them to an abandoned church. Marlou, amazed by this church, decides to enter it, Amy enters as well. No seats were seen in this church, something is off about it. He decide to go to the altar, just to see the bible. He opens it, all the pages were vandalized with foul black liquid.

In a flash, the church was suddenly filled with hanging dead bodies. Marlou was paralyzed in fear. The black cat was watching him, along with Amy. Marlou tried to call for help, but it was no use. Amy didn't even try to help, she smiled at this sight. Marlou was cursed. He was then hung onto the ceiling by this curse.

Amy and the cat went outside the cursed church, and the church disappeared.

"Thanks for helping me." Amy said.

Amy is a witch the whole time... Halloween was her time.
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci
penta's story:

I abr*ker really enjoyed this one.
Thematically speaking, it's appropriate. Although the story moved a bit too quickly the atmosphere was done very well.
Writing is also quite decent, the sentences were written in details but not so much that it's unbearing.

Though the plot twist about Amy was interesting, it wasn't handled quite as well.
It's probably because of the words limit though.
Overall, pretty good.

Rating: 7.5/10
abraker
It was 2 hours before midnight. The moon shone as ominously as it during the Day of Death. If I could hear my legs I would be scolded by them. My insanity already peaked to ludicrous levels that conversing with my lower appendages would feel natural. Walking around OT getting the kiddie vans in place was extremely tiring work, so much so I almost regret doing it. I knew it was a dumb fuck idea, but regrets happened not until a few of my dorks decided to drag race right into a sink hole - as the finish line. I have to admit, however, their triple track drifting before their agonizing deaths was a sight to behold.

I was closing up A-Breaking Laboratory for the day when I caught a glimpse of a figure running in the distance. The dark figure casted a shadow so long it was ready to grab and drag me through the street to it. That's when I realized and my heart dropped: The Headless Horseman of the Apocalypse was after at me! Alas, my dumb brain once again failed because it was just Coldtooth with Tad racing behind him. Oh how I wished it was the other. I wanted to die at that point for even thinking that was anything remotely exciting.

The clouds moving gently high in the abyss covered my hopes once again, letting just the light from my facility cover me. The day is not over until it's over it seemed. As always, I am bound to the things I do because of the thing I want to do. It's as absurd as these two fags who finally ran up to me trying to catch their breathes. Tad just dropped a bunch of pics at me while Coldtooth was rambling nonsense under short breathe. It's like the circus was in town and those two were the act.

Using the remaining fraction of whatever intellect I had remaining in this already tiresome day, I deduced that they seemed to have found all the vans. That was actually quite faster than I expected, but surely they didn't find ALL of them. At first they just gave me stuff they found: vans, jokes and traps I laid, which made my brain cells shut off one by one as fast as a truck accelerating en route to that sink hole. I finally got those two sorted out by making them tell me where they found the vans and what color they are.

Coldtooth and Tad found more vans than I thought would be found given the amount of time. Coldtooth even ended up finding the special van. Despite all that, they were still missing a couple vans thanks to my top secret stealth technology. Coldtooth went ahead to find the rest of the vans, leaving me with Tad. I accompanied him in his search for vans before he realized he had to be somewhere. It was a shame too, I was gonna mention the idea for the next event OT Government could do. That's when everything went to black.

The next thing I remember is a bright light shining in my eyes. I felt like my whole world was falling through. As if I just drank the entire stash of 99% Alcohol I had, threw it up, and drank it again, over and over again. I tried to move but something was holding me. Everything sounded muffled. Everything was a blur, but there was noticeably some kind of figure moving right besides me. After some long agonizing moments, I finally managed to made a sound, but something didn't feel right. It felt numb. My lips felt numb. My cheeks felt numb. I couldn't close my eyes. What is happening?

As my vision sharper I could finally see that I was strapped in some operating room. Lots of blood everywhere. As I tried to gather myself, a voice broke the silence, "Abraker, abraker, abraker, who would have thought you would become an experiment of my very own. You might be a mad scientist on the outside, but take a good look at what you are on the inside." Those words echoed in my mind as the maniac raised a mirror in front of me. That day true horror raced into me as reality slowly sank in to what my eyes were seeing. The futility of closing my eyes to such horror stared right in front of me...

as I saw...

me....

my face....

gone..........

and the mad man who held up the mirror ......................

Ashton
Bits of gooey slime and seeds dropped as I lifted my feet from one patch of guts to the other. A bubbling couldron lay a few steps ahead, attended by a gnarly skinned witch. “This mixture will be sure to make this night unforgettable!” The deep grotesque voice offered a sizzling cup of liquid.

“I’ll pass, thank you.” I had gotten used to denying the offers from non-humans. Choking down the meals served here was already enough, I didn't have a need for anything more.

I made my way to the central plaza. Here, the goop was much less dense than the outskirts of town. Walking became much easier. Besides the shops selling witch ingredients or odd foods and drinks, most of the items sold were rather normal. Literature (although, quite outdated), clothing, art, and furniture (although made of materials I’d rather not know of), were all fairly standard and functional. After you spend years confined here, you start to get used to the unorthodox lifestyle non-humans live in.

I reached the bloodfall and sat down on a bench. A pile of bones blew in the wind, circling around each other like a tornado, and gliding across the plaza’s ground. The bones rest at a patch of grass where there sat a grouping of bushes, and began to take shape into a pelican. The bone pelican pecked around a bit, and presently got a hold of a worm, then dissipated into a funnel of bones once again, flying off into the distance. Your average non-human would find little things like these not the least bit amusing, though experiencing things that had once seemed extraordinarily impossible happen so timidly and naturally gave me excitement and a sense of belonging.

Of course, however, those feelings were temporary. Soon enough the feelings of hopelessness crept up again. Every day, even after two years, the feelings kept pulsating, getting stronger with every hour that passed. Soon enough, even the miraculous feat of flying bones becoming a living pelican and then soaring back away in the sky would become mundane.

“Halloween is happening soon! Attention all citizens! Halloween is happening soon! The yearly gatherers are heading out in just under an hour! Halloween is happening soon!” The speaker boomed through the plaza and the volume and intensity of voices rose and shops began to close down. Every non-human and human began running toward the parade which was held every Halloween day to celebrate the new arrivals. Witches flew high in the night and poured a bright mixture in the sky. The mixture sizzled and then exploded into brilliant colours. A choir made of vampires played music that screeched through all the chatter and explosions. Non-humans, humans, and everything in between danced through the chaos. The scene played out the exact same as it had last year, and the year before, when I arrived. I stayed back at the plaza.

“Ashton, we’ve tried twice already. This time is no different,” Madeline approached me as usual, coming from the art shop holding a painting.

“Once we stop the gatherers we can return to civilization.”

“Have you ever thought of what would happen if we return? We aren’t the same as we were years ago. This place changes us,” Madeline motioned toward her jaw, which could now come completely loose, and then to her scar, which opened to reveal the veins and arteries that pulsated through her leg. “It’s better if we accept our fates and adjust to this new world.”

“I refuse to give up that easily. If you want to stay in this shithole for the rest of your life and more than go ahead, but I refuse to give up.” I began treading through the guts and seeds towards the parade.

“We’ve never gotten pass the first set of guards, and they are just skeletons! How the hell do you think we’ll get to the gatherers!” Madeline began to follow. There was a familiar unanimous and silent agreement that her initial rebuttals were to be dismissed. The first year she said it was too dangerous, and the second she said we were too late. She is nice to have on my side, however. Not just because she looks cute - or looked cute - but rather because she always analyzed every situation and problem, and could always deliver a sensible resolution.

“I’ve got another plan. Instead of trying to fight our way through the guards, we’ll pretend we’re newcomers. As long as you cover up your scar and I hide my teeth, we can make it seem like we are normal. We’ll wait for the first group of arrivals, and then dive into them with the help of this,” I held out a potion that was tightly quarked, it let off a bit of steam and shone a neon pink. “I got this from a black witch vendor; it temporarily hides our small bits of creature essences long enough for us to sneak in with the arrivals,” we stopped near the arrivals’ entrance. “The gatherers won’t be able to detect us long enough to get to safety.”

“This sounds great and all, but, even if we do manage to escape we will eventually lose the effects of the potion and the gatherers will be able to soar towards us and re-capture. Imagine how we’d have to live our lives here then; the two idiots who thought they could escape three times!”

“The gatherers know their limits. They would never reach past the patch; once we get back to our homes, we’ll be safe. We’ll be happy,” I opened the potion and poured half of the liquid into a flask and handed it to Madeline.

“We’ll also still be supernatural. Ashton, life would suck if you had to hide the fact you aren’t a full human. Life would suck much more than living here; even if it’s a distant relative of the society that we’ve grown up in. I’m willing to come with you, but only if we find a way to kill every damn creature cell that festers inside of us. I want this place to blow to shit; I want this place to be a mythical story we tell little school children to scare them on Halloween, not a reality,” Madeline pocketed her flask and pulled out a map. “I’ll assume you went to Mila Blackcaster. She’s one creepy bitch but if anyone can help us she’s the only one,” Madeline scanned the map and identified a black spot on the southernmost area of the land. “Shit. She’s moved to the south,” Madeline handed me the map and we both grunted. The south, a dead uninhabitable wasteland of thickets of sludge and the cries of tortured souls.

“Let’s go, we’ve got less than an hour.”

The screams of souls and muggy stench reached our ears and noses. “The wind blows too hard... the sky is never bright... my loves have disappeared...” the haunting souls kept repeating the same lines over, and over again. As if on signal, the cries began picking up tempo each step we made closer and closer to the black dot on the map. “The wind blows too hard... the sky is never bright... MY LOVES HAVE DISAPPEARED!!” The cries were now piercing. We gripped each other’s hands. The muck travelled up our legs, reaching our knees. “THE WIND BLOWS TOO HARD... THE SKY IS NEVER BRIGHT... MY LOVES HAVE DISAPPEARED.” The voices were now beating as quickly as my heart beat. The whistling sound of wind screeched while the souls echoed. The wind blew violently. The darkness became an impossible shade of black. Madeline disappeared from my sight.

“You two should know better.” Mila let out some tsks and offered us a drink. The cup emitted gross, barf-inducing smells and even though I wanted to say no, I was too cold to let down a hot drink. I took the cup, plugged my nose, and swallowed it in a gulp. I heard Madelines breath, which gave me temporary relief. “Don’t worry. I only put 20% vampire blood, you shouldn’t feel woozy. You are little kids, anyways. Haha, I remember being a kid your age, I thought it was so romantic that the boy of my dreams would take me to the wicked south. But, let me tell you young girl, you don’t want to turn into me. The south became an addiction. A place where I could relate to the souls that screamed and mourned daily. They were much tamer back then, not as violent as they are now. But, now look at me. I am no longer a maiden witch; I’m a wrench who studies forbidden magic! No man for me but the odd warlock who wants to use me for- well, I’m sure you could take a guess, who wouldn’t of slice of this saucy little thin- never mind,” Mila couldn’t even lie to make herself feel better.

“Actually we came here because I told this boy to come. We need to escape this place, and I know you can help,” Mila spit her drink out onto her moulded floor. It stained red. “We need something to kill the creature essences that are festering inside of us,” Mila put down her cup and walked close to Madeline.

“Little girl, trust me, go back to the parade and have a good time. Killing those essences means killing your spirit. These essences are intertwined with your soul; you’ll be no more than a vegetable if we do that. You need to forget this crazy idea and live your life as it's supposed to be lived.”

“No life in this place will ever be anything more than dreadfulness. You should know that better than anyone else,” Madeline motioned toward a book that sat on the witch's cabinet. Life, in death. A book everyone is introduced to when arriving here. “That book explains that life is just us preparing for an endless eternity as dead, soulless creatures. My life is certainly not supposed to be lived like that and I am willing to kill my soul rather than put it through an eternity of suffering!” Madeline glanced back towards me, and waited for my nod of agreement.

“You children may regret this for the rest of your life - and death - if you chose to go through with it. I can for sure make you a full human again, however, depending on how much you’ve already changed you may be completely unresponsive when returning to the real world. If you are lucky and do become responsive, your emotions will be dampened to an extent to doubt,” Mila stepped away. “It’s your choice.”

“We’ll do it,” on command Mila twirled her hand and ingredients began plopping into her cauldron. It fizzled, boomed, and emitted a rather pleasant smell. She snapped her finger and two flasks came flying beside her. Filling them up and quarking them, she handed one drink to each of them.

“Drink the entire thing and you will have no essence left inside of you. However, it only works once, so even if you get a single fragment of essence within you after drinking it you will forever have it,” Both Madeline and I nodded and we pocketed the flask.

“Can you take us back to the parade?”

“Of course,” Mila Blackcaster grabbed her wooden wand, dipped it into a black ink that sat on her desk, and began spelling words onto a piece of parchment. With the paper in hand, she chanted an incantation and threw the paper above our heads. It disintegrated and burst into dust.

“The gatherers have arrived with the first set of arrivals! Attention all citizens! The gatherers have arrived with the first set of arrivals! Nine more groups to go!” The speaker boomed once again. Madeline and I gulped the pink liquid.

“Remember our essences are only hidden, not gone. The moment we escape the patch we need to chug our removal potions,” Madeline gave me a thumbs up and we set out.

“Wow! This place is great!” The group of about six starry eyed children, ranging from ages six to twelve, walked through the crowd of non-humans, occasionally tripping on the thickets of guts, which caused them to clamber back onto their feet. A group of adult humans led the children. “This pumpkin is massive! They probably have lots of treats!” The group of children passed through the parade. “This parade is so fun! Mommy, can we go!” No response appeared on the woman the little boy was tugging on. The adult humans morphed back into their true form. Large winged beasts with scathing teeth and gargoyle like bodies. The children screamed, but were soon put to sleep by the gatherers drool.

“We need to catch the next batch, right at the entrance,” We walked through the parade and got as close as we could to the entrance. The skeleton guards stood sternly with swords attached to their sides. One skeleton seemed to recognize me and shot me a dirty look.

“Attention all citizens! We’ve got our second batch of children! Attention all citizens! Eight more batches to go!” The entrance boomed open. Now was our chance.

I jumped through the crowd and landed on an adult figure, which caused it to immediately morph back into its beast form. I looked up at its menacing teeth, which looked ten times bigger up close. I was terrified, but it’s drool soon hit my eyes and I pretended to fall asleep, along with the other children.

“Attention all citizens! It seems a child got out of control, but fret not for we have controlled the situation. Attention all citizens! Fret not!”

Madeline followed shortly behind me. The skeleton guard watched as she jumped through the crowd, and threw his sword. It pierced one of Madelines arteries, though it only slowed her down. She was limping and trying to reach the crowd of children, but was quickly stopped by the skeleton guard. The guard held her back with force, and Madeline couldn’t escape. “Little girl I stopped you twice before! I know you aren’t actually a human!”

“Ashton! ASHTON! I can’t make it! Help me!” I saw Madeline struggling to make it to the children with a slight opening in my eye and knew that I’d be able to kick the skeleton guard away for long enough, but the delay would be extremely risky. “Ashton! What the hell do you think your doing! Help!” I shut my eyes closed, took a deep breath, and ran off from the group of children. The gatherers reacted the instant I moved. I ran straight to the entrance, taking a final glance at Madeline, and then running outside.

The bright sunlight burnt my eyes. I could hear the nostalgic sounds of cars and birds, and I saw the colourful landscape that I grew up in. I glanced back at the pumpkin. It was small. I reached in my pocket to grab the potion. It was gone. “Ashton! Ashton! Jesus, you never listen. I thought you’d have grown out of playing in the pumpkin patch when you were ten. Now that you’re twelve you should be wiser.” My dad grabbed my arm and brought me home. “You were gone for hours! I said only an hour of trick-or-treating, not three!” He yanked me inside of my house where I smelt pumpkin pie being freshly made. I ran to the kitchen to take a bite.

“Hi Mila sweetie. You were right. He was in the patch again,” my dad kissed my mom on the cheek and sat down with a cup of tea beside her. “What happened to Madeline must have really left a dent in him. I suppose he didn’t take his anti-depressants or haldol before going out today?

“I guess he spit them out,” replies my mother.
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci
abraker's story:

I'd say it was quite interesting. Sasuga myself.
The story was atmospheric and interesting.
Horrifying yet, amusing to read.
The images made the story fresh too.

8.8/10

--------------

Ashton's story:

Interesting way of writing and character building.
The horror like atmosphere is described in gruesome detail, very spooky, very well done.
Though the characters and setting of the story wasn't written in a believable fashion.
But of all the other stories, yours would be the most creative of the bunch.
Good work.

8.5/10
samX500
We were on the morning of Halloween and I was about to warm myself up for my bands Halloween performance this evening. Our play would be held in an open park in our city and was expected to receive around a hundred people if we were lucky.

I was somewhat stressed about my performance but I had practiced my part extremely well, the director even praised my playing and awarded me an extra solo to reward me.
Our band had practiced for three month for this and we were extremely proud of the four piece we had prepared, all of them were fabulous, especially the last one. Everyone were excited to show the audience our playing.

I opened my case and took out my instrument to begin my warm up and noticed a strange goo on the bell of my euphonium. It looked nothing like I had ever seen before, it’s color was strange, looking like a dark green and purple at the same, it was also glowing slightly despite being very dark. And wiped it off with a cloth and then threw it away. I wasn’t sure what it was but it’s off now so let’s just get to practice.

Before playing though, I decided to clean my instrument a bit more, a slight stain was still left and I wanted my euphonium to look beautiful for our performance. I cleaned it until the stain was removed and then polished my instrument. It was now as clean as it was I first got it!
I started my warm up by playing on the mouthpiece alone a little bit to prepare my lips for the playing. I then proceeded to insert the mouthpiece into my instrument and started by playing a scale.

I stopped my scale after the very first note. Something was not right. My euphonium didn’t sound like it should have, not in the slightest. I played another note to test if I was just crazy and it was confirmed, something was not right. It sounded extremely deep, even deeper than a tuba, and instead of sounding sweet and whole, my sound felt extremely restrained.

I looked over all of the tubing and valve but didn’t see anything wrong with them.

Why had my instrument begun to sound so horrible and strange when just yesterday it was as good as ever? I changed the valve in an attempt that I suspected wouldn’t work, I then changed the tuning slide and it was just as useless. I don’t have a spare euphonium nor do I have the time to have it be looked at, our pre-show preparation and rehearsal will start in only two hours.

I decided to go to our studio early, in hope of finding someone that could lend me their euphonium for the night, it was unlikely but I had no choice. I took my horn with me, just in case someone can figure out the issue.

At the studio, I found a dozen of our player in our practice room. I was wondering why so many people were there already, usually our player arrive only around an hour early at most, with a few exception. When I entered the room, I noticed the same strange goo and several instrument. Every instrument in our storage had been taken out and all of them had this goo on them. A guy who had been there for an hour already told me that every single instrument that they had found that day sounded horrible and had this goo on them.

I joined the other with the inspection of our instruments but none of us were able to do anything. Our director arrived and took notice of the situation. After around an hour of looking around and trying about everything we could think of, our director decided to just try to get used to how it sounded, we couldn’t cancel the play so we had to play like this.

We rehearsed and as we played, the strange goo started to come out of the instrument again. We ignored it at first, focused on playing the piece as good as we could despite the massive inconvenience that was our instruments sound but the more we played, the more goo came out, on player even got his valve stuck because of how much goo there was.

We cancelled the rehearsal and left for until the concert, the director was going to try to bail us out of the performance. The director then contacted us, saying that it truly was impossible to miss this performance and that there was nothing we could do but play horribly in front of the small crowd.

Our band rallied behind the stage that had been set up for us and started to prepare themselves. We got up on stage and stressfully sat as the director was talking to the audience.
Something was off about the audience, it was large, very large, I couldn’t even see the end of it. I didn’t even remember the area being large enough to fit such a crowd, there were at least a thousand people and that was by being generous, there were likely even more.

My body was dripping sweat like it never had before, and I could figure my seatmate’s did as well. The first song started and we played it. The audience started booing in the middle of the performance, many were also crying, crying so loudly that we could hear them even as we played.

The goo started to appear as well and we had no choice but to ignore it. We then played the second song, the audience became even angrier, the goo was also getting very annoying and made playing our instrument much harder, making our sound even worse than previously. At the third song, violence started to burst within the crowd, people started to strongfully chant insult at us, it was also becoming impossible to play our instrument, the goo was dripping on the floor and covering almost all of our instrument.

We then started to play the fourth song and the goo started to act strangely. It was moving. It was pulsating. It was… Alive. The goo that had accumulated on the floor was moving toward the audience. It eventually got to the edge of the stage and started to drip on the some of the attendee. They tried to fling the goo back at us but it was stuck to their body. More goo was accumulating and soon, all of the audience was stuck in place by a floor of sticky goo. I couldn’t play anymore, something was definitely not right, I don’t even know why I hadn’t stopped playing after the very first song.

I tried to stop playing but my hand didn’t want to stop. How was this possible? I then realised that I was no longer trying to play, my hand had been playing on their own for a long time. No… they were not moving on their own… they were being moved by the goo. I forced my finger to stop playing but they were completely numb, the same happened for my lips. The goo started to flood the entire area and to create a dome around the park that we were playing in. I could no longer see the audience, they were all covered in this goo fighting, struggling, trying, hoping, screaming, crying, drowning.

Soon, the goo reached the face of the player of our band, it was trying to enter us from our nose, from our ears, from our eyes. Our mouth was still safe but that was only because we needed to play. The goo started to fill up all of our inside, it had gotten inside of our stomach, our lungs, even our bloodstream.

We were no longer human, we were now part of a giant monster of goo. We were it’s hearth, without us this monster would die, we were it’s source of energy. What was this monster doing outside, I couldn’t know, all I knew was that I was drowning inside this thing, my mind was completely blank, my body was in enormous pain. I could feel that I was one with the creature. My skin as starting to dilute in the goo and so were my organ. Soon all that would be left of me would be a mouth, playing a song to feed this creature and let it survive.
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci
samX500's story:

Although this one had horror elements, the horror/halloween theme was not apparent.
Character wise, there wasn't many in it aside from the main character.

*euphoriums have goos in them that makes them sounds horrible*

Director: lEt'S stILl peRfOrm cuZ iT's iMpoSsiBlE tO cAnceL.

There would be no problems if the characters in the story would use Shakuhachi instead cuz it's a superior instrument, it would clense whatever creature is inside of it.

But although the story wasn't really horrofying or believable, the writing is quite decent.

6.4/10
KatouMegumi
<3
samX500
you are making me remember how rushed my story was. I am so unhappy with it that I am thinking of changing it up a little.
pentaqola
man... this was last decade ago
abraker
oh man this was good
ColdTooth
oh man this was good