forum

[Archived] Osu! version too old to submit scores.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mito Hoshi
Problem details:
I've been getting these errors about my osu version being too old when I'm submitting a map, however my osu has not received any updates etc. when starting up. Am I supposed to manually update osu or is it something else?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

Current version b20160403.6 (Stable Fallback) on MacOS High Sierra
Death
Score submission on maps ranked after October 22nd was disabled for the Fallback release stream. Check the options menu to see if you can change to Stable (Latest) instead.

If you can't you'll most likely need to download either the Alpha Release, or Unofficial Update from https://osx.ppy.sh. The Stable Release locks you on Fallback.
Topic Starter
Mito Hoshi
Thanks for the info, I have downloaded the unofficial update.
Ckjen
My pc can't update to Stable Latest version :( What can i do?
Death

Ckjen wrote:

What OS are you on and what GPU do you have?
YaniFR
personnally score submission work on fallback for me :^)
Death

YaniFR wrote:

personnally score submission work on fallback for me :^)

Death wrote:

Score submission on maps ranked after October 22nd was disabled for the Fallback release stream.
Ckjen

Death wrote:

Ckjen wrote:

What OS are you on and what GPU do you have?

i don't know what OS and GPU i have.
Death
Ckjen
which one?
Dntm8kmeeatu

Ckjen wrote:

which one?

Yeah, that Graphics chipset is too old to support the required OpenGL version to play newer osu! versions. Your only fix is to buy a new(er) computer.
Ckjen
And you know that i don't have enough money to buy a new pc.
Death

Ckjen wrote:

And you know that i don't have enough money to buy a new pc.
You can still play any map made after October 22nd, your scores just won't submit. You can also still submit scores on maps that were ranked before that date.
Rossi

Death wrote:

Score submission on maps ranked after October 22nd was disabled for the Fallback release stream. Check the options menu to see if you can change to Stable (Latest) instead.

If you can't you'll most likely need to download either the Alpha Release, or Unofficial Update from https://osx.ppy.sh. The Stable Release locks you on Fallback.

the score can still be submitted until 31 October

Edit : at 06 November I still can submit the score too (with fallback version) and that map was ranked at 31 October.

But I don't know why, when I try to play a qualified map, I can't submit score at new map now
Death

Fleure De Lapin wrote:

Death wrote:

the score can still be submitted until 31 October
It's sometime around that date. It may have applied to Qualified maps instead of ranked. Either way, you'll still need to play older maps.