forum

How to stop mashing ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Izeusse
I learned to stream the worst way :by going as fast as possible as long as I can I played a lot of image material, delrio mazzerin maps etc often 230 bpm+. When I realized that there is something wrong with my streaming I tried to learn to play slow streams arround 170-180 bpm but after a few month of practice i realized i was barely improving and was just training myself to mash slower.
I'm a full alternate player and the closer i can get to streaming properly is alternating easy fast bpm maps (with a dance number, No 39, scarlet rose etc) Should I train this kind of maps and get faster and faster until I can "alternate" 170-180 bpm maps but i doubt i can ever get fast with this kind of training.
Or should I try to spam long streams map at the lowest bpm possible ? I tried a bit but i start mashing after 2 seconds of playing and i doubt that after 700 hours of playing I can relearn streaming this way.
Will it even be worth it ? I mean mashing is not that bad after all I'm getting a good acc on fast streams and i have almost unlimited stamina .If there is a way to stop mashing that will not take me a boring 200 hours of slow maps i'll take it.
Endaris
Play slow streams as in 130bpm and that stuff.
As you noticed by yourself, slow streams punish you the most for mashing so it is your best bet to learn them as you cannot get away with mashing there. Maps like Rainbow Tylenol and nyanyanyanyanya (etc) are your friend.
Deva
The answer is play painfully slow maps and try your best to control your fingers.

But you obviously don't want to do that. So why bother? Just play what is most fun for you.