forum

Mentorship outside of the official program

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zaliant
Is there any resource for signing up for a mentor to teach outside of the official mentorship program? Last time around i didn't even get a chance and this time around i had real life get in the way and i couldn't have signed up.

I'm really trying to hammer down on a specific beatmap and make it the best quality i can but i'm hardcore stuck on not understanding how to apply to a map to make it "organized", something that goes beyond simple mods.
Endaris
Getting in the mentoring program is absolutely not required to heave your mapping on the next level. Most people did it without it.
Ask people for testplays, try to understand which parts are suboptimal and mostly why so your reiterations will be better each time.
Generally speaking, if you have a very specific question, you can simply ask it to people or in #modhelp if you don't have any friends who map as well.
If you're receptive to criticism and not lazing around, many people will be happy to answer your questions.

Regarding your phrase "make it organized", there are some guides in the guide compendium that contain useful information on that topic, specifically the ones listed under "Preparation".
Topic Starter
Zaliant

Endaris wrote:

Getting in the mentoring program is absolutely not required to heave your mapping on the next level. Most people did it without it.
Ask people for testplays, try to understand which parts are suboptimal and mostly why so your reiterations will be better each time.
Generally speaking, if you have a very specific question, you can simply ask it to people or in #modhelp if you don't have any friends who map as well.
If you're receptive to criticism and not lazing around, many people will be happy to answer your questions.

Regarding your phrase "make it organized", there are some guides in the guide compendium that contain useful information on that topic, specifically the ones listed under "Preparation".
Yes i know it's not required to heave your mapping to the next level, it's for people that want help, which is why i'm asking.

I've asked for mods and testplays and there always seems to be a trend of "lacking structure" or "poorly implemented" but i have 0 idea how to fix these issues at all. I'm familiar with neat and tidy concepts when they are already applied to other maps but envisioning and carrying out these to my own maps doesn't translate well at all and always falls flat on it's face. Which is why i'm asking here, cause i've already read the guides, already watched the pishifat videos, but i still don't know how to apply them for my own maps.

I would use #modhelp if it wasn't a cesspool