forum

scop - Yubikiri [Osu|Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Skylish
Sorry to break the HYPE party, the naming of Normal is questionable.

Just 'Normal' please
Topic Starter
Noffy

Skylish wrote:

Sorry to break the HYPE party, the naming of Normal is questionable.

Just 'Normal' please

"Ayyffy's" serves to provide information as to the two people to worked on the difficulty by combining I and Ayyri's names together.

The term "Fated" is used as a song-thematic replacement for "Collab".
"Collab" refers to two people working together. "Fated" is two people meant to be together. Considering the contents of the song regarding promises and what feels like fate, I found it fitting as a replacement.
Especially since the song is between two ladies and the collab between two ladies.

The difficulty name itself, "Normal", is untouched, and clearly indicates difficulty level among the spread.

For a song as elegant as this one, the regular word "collab" just seems garish and unfitting.
If the difficulty name was just "Ayyffy's Fated", I would understand this concern, but this is not the case.

Those that I talked to about this previously and explained it to said it should be fine >.<

edit: my previous in-thread explanation too, for reference:

Noffy wrote:

1.) it's not a custom name. it does not take place of the difficulty name "normal". 2.) it is a thematic replacement of where the word "collab" would typically go. When two people are "fated" they are "joined together" by something that was inevitable, when two people collab they are "joined together" by making the map... and this collab was inevitable, so...~
Skylish
Fyi in case you are not very clear with naming system:

Either one case below should exist:

+ Collab Normal

+ Mapper1+2's Normal

===========

> Any thing after 's is considered as 'difficulty name'. In the current case, 'Fated Normal' is treated as an isolated difficulty.

> Fated =/= Collab, it is not a usual naming habit and imo 'fated' means 'destinate'. If you use a combined mapper's name already in front of difficulty name, there is no need to put 'collab' keywords any more.

===========

I don't mind 'Fated Ayyffy's Normal' , but not 'Ayyffy's Fated Normal' . They have 2 different meanings.
Topic Starter
Noffy

Skylish wrote:

Fyi in case you are not very clear with naming system: I'm very clear:

Ranking Criteria wrote:

A difficulty's name must indicate its level of difficulty, with the exception of the hardest level of difficulty in a set. The mapset's hardest difficulty may use an appropriate custom difficulty name, unrelated to a username. Mapsets may also use a complete set of custom difficulty names that clearly indicate their level of difficulty to the player. Marathon maps with a single difficulty may use free naming.
The difficulty indicated "normal" is unchanged. There is nothing against adding a descriptive adjective.

+ Collab Normal

+ Mapper1+2's Normal

+ Mapper1+2's Collab Difficultynamehere does exist although rarer.

===========

> Any thing after 's is considered as 'difficulty name'. In the current case, 'Fated Normal' is treated as an isolated difficulty. And it properly indicates its level of difficulty. The actual difficulty indicator is unchanged.

> Fated =/= Collab, it is not a usual naming habit and imo 'fated' means 'destinate'. If you use a combined mapper's name already in front of difficulty name, there is no need to put 'collab' keywords any more. Yes it's not usual, it's just for this song. It wouldn't work for other songs. Not having any "collab" keyword risks the difficulty name being misread as "Ayyri's Normal" or Ayyffy being mistaken for a third mapper.

===========

I don't mind 'Fated Ayyffy's Normal' , but not 'Ayyffy's Fated Normal' . They have 2 different meanings. Fated Ayyffy's Normal no longer makes grammatical sense. Besides breaking grammar, I do not see other difference between these two.
Lumenite-

Skylish wrote:

Fyi in case you are not very clear with naming system:

+ Collab Normal

+ Mapper1+2's Normal

===========

> Any thing after 's is considered as 'difficulty name'. In the current case, 'Fated Normal' is treated as an isolated difficulty.

> Fated =/= Collab, it is not a usual naming habit and imo 'fated' means 'destinate'. If you use a combined mapper's name already in front of difficulty name, there is no need to put 'collab' keywords any more.

===========

I don't mind 'Fated Ayyffy's Normal' , but not 'Ayyffy's Fated Normal' . They have 2 different meanings.
I'd have to disagree, the difficulty name not only clearly indicates its level of difficulty, but also has clear relation to the map. There's no need to change this difficulty name.
IamKwaN
i think i need a site showing your current source because all i could find is "初音ミク -Project DIVA- F 2nd", with a space between F and 2

i also don't think the difficulty name has any issues with the ranking criteria, though not sure why you would put an adjective there, it's just a normal difficulty
Topic Starter
Noffy
It was based off of the logo

look at that F and 2nd
all up against eachother
getting really nice and comfy
absolutely definitely no space inbetween the two...

time to pm you
IamKwaN
disqualify to fix source
Topic Starter
Noffy
Fixed
IamKwaN
back!
Topic Starter
Noffy

IamKwaN wrote:

back!
Thank you! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Pachiru
CONGRATZ!!!
Topic Starter
Noffy
now that i'm free from anxiety over whether the difficulty name is acceptable or not..

Renumi wrote:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I think you mean AAA AAA AAA AAA A!
(best song quote)

Weber wrote:

cute noffy
hi frog

Akitoshi wrote:

oh hey gratz!
thank you greatly !! :D

KittyAdventure wrote:

Akitoshi wrote:

oh hey gratz!
thank you greatly x 2 (nice icon btw)

Pachiru wrote:

CONGRATZ!!!
THANXXX!!!!!!
Faputa
Congratulations Noffy!! (((o(*゚▽゚*)o)))♡
Topic Starter
Noffy

jack1817 wrote:

Congratulations Noffy!! (((o(*゚▽゚*)o)))♡
d=(´▽`)=b thanks jack!!
Nardoxyribonucleic
I would like to point out that base slider velocity is bugged in both Taiko difficulties. Please contact me for disqualification so you can fix them via notepad to 1.40 sharp.
Topic Starter
Noffy

Nardoxyribonucleic wrote:

I would like to point out that base slider velocity is bugged in both Taiko difficulties. Please contact me for disqualification so you can fix them via notepad to 1.40 sharp.
this is the penance i get for trying to rank a set in only three months
:?
fixed
Nardoxyribonucleic
Disqualified as requested to fix the bugged base SV.
Topic Starter
Noffy

Disqualified as requested to fix the bugged base SV.

Updootedled
Nardoxyribonucleic
Back as no gameplay elements are affected upon the change.
Topic Starter
Noffy

Back as no gameplay elements are affected upon the change.
Thank you !! ^^

(third time's the charm right)
(I PRAY)
strickluke
delete pepsi gj ayyri

(also im probably wrong, but dont hybrid sets need a bubble from each mode?)
Topic Starter
Noffy

strickluke wrote:

delete pepsi gj ayyri

(also im probably wrong, but dont hybrid sets need a bubble from each mode?)
this is a cocacola only household

and
no they don't, there's been proposal to change it but as of now only two bns are needed for any map.
.. i think
idk what happens to hybrids with 3 or 4 modes
strickluke
i suppose it doesn't matter that much since a standard bn already qualified it
kwk
curious why 01:19:957 (5,1) - the spacing here is significantly larger compared to like 00:43:034 (5,1) - and to a lesser extent 02:16:572 (5,1) - on the top diff