forum

[Archived] Only gaining 1pp

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
hs3716
Problem Details: So I recently started using tillerino, it stated that i would gain 73pp for getting 90% on a 4.3 star map. I then get 90.22% on that map and only received 1-2pp. This also happened earlier when I got 2 rank A's on different maps and only received 1-2pp for each of those maps. Is there something i'm not getting and what do i do to fix it?

osu! version: 20160403.6
Dntm8kmeeatu
Are you getting Full Combos?

Tillerino's calculations are including an FC, since combo plays such an important role in PP
Topic Starter
hs3716
Alright thats what i thought about, so the 73pp would come from a 0 miss 90% accuracy?
Topic Starter
hs3716
Ok I also found something else out, I went onto my osu page and saw that the map i recently did has given me so far 52pp, although it my actual online score pp has only gone up 15, it went from 880 to 895, yet on my page it said i received 52pp. This really confuses me

https://gyazo.com/d4b99b04d18c0839f81090bf0a7f773c
Sandy Hoey
pp is weighted, so you will not receive the full amount shown. To add onto this, when you get a good play, all of the plays beneath it in pp value, lose weight. So the pp you get from the map is not the full amount and you lose pp from your other plays
Topic Starter
hs3716
So what you're saying is, to get the most pp from a map, you have to get the best accuracy/combo on you're very first run or you will lose pp?
Sandy Hoey
No, your top plays are weighted. It shows you the actual pp gain from that single play (weighted) as well as unweighted value. Then the other plays on your to play lose weighted value when you get a play that is worth more pp it

if you still dont get it, read this