forum

[Archived] Game keeps freezing

posted
Total Posts
show more
Calslock
Can you post screenshots of all services and processes in Task Manager during osu! turned on? I'd be glad, If you'll click to order them alphabetically.
Topic Starter
KuroiKiri
Lacrimosa
Try killing Steam, Battlenet and the Razer apps.
Topic Starter
KuroiKiri
Just tried those. None have seemed to work, the issue persists.
Topic Starter
KuroiKiri
Bump
Stanvord
Have you tried using compatibility mode? It helped with my crappy laptop
Topic Starter
KuroiKiri
Thanks for the reply, just tried that and it doesn't seem to be the fix unfortunately.
Lacrimosa
Tried restarting your PC, by any chance?

Also, try disabling any anti-virus or other security programs that might be running, as well as checking if your graphic drivers need an update.
Topic Starter
KuroiKiri
I've tried restarting my pc as well as just not using it for a day but that didn't help. I just updated my graphics drivers and the problem still seems to be happening. I have no security programs or anti-virus to disable so there wasn't much to do with that.
Lacrimosa
Even though it's not really suggested, try switching to Stable fallback and see if it's any better.
Topic Starter
KuroiKiri
It seems to have spiked even worse on the fallback version instead of losing only 10 frames after freezing I lost 40. (capped at 120)
Topic Starter
KuroiKiri
bump
Topic Starter
KuroiKiri
bump
Topic Starter
KuroiKiri
still looking for help on this
Topic Starter
KuroiKiri
Just reinstalled osu and the problem still happens.
Venix
Please, try to keep your things in one post.
Topic Starter
KuroiKiri
My bad I'll just put everything I find or try on the original post. I'm just really hoping for help because this had been going on for a while now and despite trying to just ignore it, it actually does interfere with play.
Kao
Try following the steps here p/6087031
Topic Starter
KuroiKiri
I just downloaded the application, ran it during play and everything seems stable except for one part where an application called svchost.exe took up a bit more than the other processes.

Dntm8kmeeatu
svchost is a host process for Windows tasks & Services. Go into task manager and go into processes, Sort by CPU usage. If you see any svchost taking any CPU, right click it and click "Go to Services" this should open the Services Tab of Task Manager, with the Services set to that process, highlighted in blue.

That means one of those services is using CPU. If Windows Update is in that list, it's probably that one.

Also, I would pay attention to any process using Disk (I/O) as processes that spike in that are normally cause of some lag spikes, skips, whatnot. Normally Antivirus & the lot are the cause of Disk usage spikes and game lag.
WillCookie
if you're getting these freezes occasionally, then toggle the "Reduce dropped frames" option.
Topic Starter
KuroiKiri
Hi, and thank you for the replies and suggestions. I have checked the "Reduce dropped frames" option and it hasn't reduced the problem in the slightest sadly. Also I've been into task manager and it still looks the same as when I checked it when the issue first began. I killed the main culprits of cpu usage such as skype, steam, blizzard, razer synapse, discord, etc. but the issue still happens even on what I assume to be minimal cpu usage. I'm not too tech savvy so maybe there are some processes alluding me. On top of that would anyone be able to elaborate on "processes using Disk (I/O)" and where I can find those? Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.
Dntm8kmeeatu
In that program, there is a I/O tab.

The normal Windows Performance monitor (perfmon) also logs disk usage.