Spinner Sage
152 posts
Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

So the score calculation and outcome is "Correct" but it counts the specifics of what notes you "hit" and displays them incorrectly?

I'd assume that's the case at this point.
Cymbal Sounder
34 posts
This Problem is well known as far as i know

Before that:
When hitting a note it will display a 300hit 100hit or miss or 300bighit or 100bighit
when hitting a big hit osu will wait for a second hit after the first but already display the hit after the first hit
btw the acc of a big hit is evalued from the first hit not the middle of them

The problem:

I noticed this too but its as someone else said just an animation or more like a logical error since if you hit the note it will display the hit but hitting big notes also registers the second hit and when the second hit is like 10ms(which depending on OD i think still counts as hit) after the first hit of the big don, it will already have displayed the hit and cant display another hit where you hit the second time

So basically:
The Hit displays incorrectly due to timing issues
but it still counts mostly(depending on how far the hits are apart)

The hit will be displayed right if you hit both hits in the same frame

How i found out about it:
I enabled the score meter(bottom middle) and set it to as big as possible
then i tried hitting a few big Notes with different timing like perfect so it will actually display and the hits were probably closer than 2ms and ones that didnt display correctly with aove 5ms i got the points from both big dons (double points)

Conclusion:

This is an issue that cant be fixed since it would refrain the game from displaying hits correctly at all(it would mean displaying the hits 30 ms(or idk the time span for a big dons after you actually hit them)
Last edited by animexamera on , edited 1 time in total.
Slider Savant
92 posts
Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:
So the score calculation and outcome is "Correct" but it counts the specifics of what notes you "hit" and displays them incorrectly?

Yea, that is my understanding of the issue.

Also, animexamera, thanks for that detailed explanation of the issue. I appreciate your input!
Cymbal Sounder
34 posts
Sleepteiner wrote:
Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Yea, that is my understanding of the issue.

Also, animexamera, thanks for that detailed explanation of the issue. I appreciate your input!

You are Welcome, this is a major problem we all have to deal with earlier or later. :D
As well i am sorry for the bad english xD
Global Moderator
2,815 posts
Surprisingly enough, but after getting a mechanical numpad I became able to hit more big notes compared to laptop keyboard. Like, sometimes i get 10-20 big notes hit properly where i could get 1 or 2 max with laptop keyboard and ~300 fps. And I doubt that USB numpad would have something like 60hz refresh rate, since I don't have any timing issues with it while playing standard mode.
Cymbal Sounder
34 posts
Kyubey wrote:
Surprisingly enough, but after getting a mechanical numpad I became able to hit more big notes compared to laptop keyboard. Like, sometimes i get 20-30 big notes hit properly where i could get 1 or 2 max with laptop keyboard and ~300 fps. And I doubt that USB numpad would have something like 60hz refresh rate, since I don't have any timing issues with it while playing standard mode.

You might just be better on your mechanical
Try enabling scoremeter and set it to bottom mid and max size
It will show you pretty much how exactly you hit the notes (orange is miss, green is 100 and blue is 300)
You will also notive that the hand you hit with first is the one that counts for acc(wirh big notes) and you can experiment with how far off you need to hit the second time for it not to be a successful hit (or at least not a displayed one)

Other than that it might be osu is running smoother or idk sothat it displays all successful big hits not only the ones that you saw during gameplay (i have this issue)
Support Team
2,798 posts
:thinking:

curse you archiving
Slider Savant
92 posts
Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:
:thinking:

curse you archiving

Oh shoot, I didn't realize that assigned threads could be archived, my bad. I'll make sure to bump the thread if it gets close to being archived again without being confirmed.
Slider Savant
92 posts
Anti-archiving bump.
Last edited by Dntm8kmeeatu on , edited 1 time in total.
Just gonna changed to Confirmed and keep it stickied here.
Combo Commander
409 posts
I never saw this thread before, but I know a lot about the cause of the issue, so I can contribute some information and things I've noticed.

This bug only affects the numbers in the right column for taiko, the Geki/Katu which is supposed to determine how many big notes you've hit, and doesn't affect gameplay at all. These numbers are completely broken. Gameplay is unaffected because the game will still give you credit for hitting a big note with both keys if the two keys are pressed within a small ms window. However this won't be counted as a Geki/Katu despite getting the full score (if a normal note gives 300 points and a finisher gives you 600, you would get 300 points twice).

You only get a Geki/Katu if your keypresses were on the same input frame. If you get 60fps, they will probably always be recorded correctly since you have a 16.67ms window. If you get 2000fps, then you have a window of 0.5ms, which means you'll very rarely have them recorded as being on the exact same frame.

An interesting thing is that this is also keyboard-dependent. Certain keyboards, mainly cheaper membrane ones, need to be sure of which keys you are pressing when you press multiple at the same time, because they don't have separate switches for each key. Because of their polling rates and how they have to check the signals, the output keypresses are usually sent at the exact same time, even if you pressed one key 1ms before the other. So if you use a membrane keyboard, you will usually have all finishers be recorded correctly. Mechanical keyboards with separate switches for each key don't have this problem, so players who use mechanical keyboards will rarely have finishers be recorded if they play at a high enough framerate.

I'm not sure how you could go about fixing the Geki/Katu numbers because in reality you aren't getting double score for the finishers, you're getting the normal amount of score twice. It adds up to the same score, but those numbers are completely meaningless for now.
Reply 40 posts jump | prev  1, 2, 3