forum

[resolved] osu! Crashes after startup

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TamokunGZ
SOLUTION (Kind of):Re-install windows, I think the problem might be something to do with dotnetframework which cannot be uninstall. So I just basically re-install window and then it worked. That's it....pretty simple solution I guess.

osu! Stopped working after startup. It worked perfectly fine yesterday, all that happened to my pc was I updated GPU driver. It isn't the driver's fault though since I rolled back the driver and the problem still occurred , I tried osu! Stable (Fallback) and everything worked just fine. so I assume that there is some thing to do with the game itself. I tried compatibility mode and it change the way it crashes, now it isn't stopped working, instead it says "Can't find the name of Intel ICD OpenGL driver"

For error reports:

OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextException: [EGL] Failed to create window surface, error BAD_NATIVE_WINDOW.
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglWindowInfo.CreateWindowSurface(IntPtr config)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, EglWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext sharedContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglAnglePlatformFactory.CreateGLContext(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Boolean directRendering, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at #=q2SMadebqkrLZ0214YI$0Xrf5Hj3aJQ91FPjWfY0E3RAz8PalT4OorNkEG1vCKqTH.#=qJPWt1d71Zbnl4cM_PY4clg==(Int32 #=q$biS$UIyB2Nry6r2OjmGBw==, Int32 #=qkcGD04hS_lLY$ugLByN4nw==, GraphicsContextFlags #=qoyGQl4absYBZfoYoAPS5yQ==)
at #=qLC8IssNRbfofYwfEvpIGp8pBBFSZ$5yi$7QBIat1BtKCzts89NfBq3bgavXp4UTO.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=qcQDIHPF162VKp_fqrpvaTA==)
at

Any solution much appreciated
Dntm8kmeeatu
Make sure "CompatibilityContext" is 0 in your cfg file.
If it is, try changing Fullscreen to 0 as well.

Playing without fullscreen is obviously not recommended due to DWM forced buffering. If you are on 7, you can disable this by disabling the aero theme. If you are on 8 or 10, you're basically screwed.
Topic Starter
TamokunGZ
Both of them are set to 0, and yes I'm on 8. $hit
Dntm8kmeeatu
If fullscreen is 0 and it still won't launch.

Try changing your resolution to one lower than your native?
Topic Starter
TamokunGZ
I tried some resolutions that lower than native and still doesn't work, but the fact is if I ran the game with Fallback version it works just normal (which I don't want to play on that btw)
Dntm8kmeeatu
Try changing CompatibiltyContext to 1 for the heck of it.

Also should try rolling back or installing an older driver version.

What's your system specs?
Topic Starter
TamokunGZ
I rolled back the driver like I mentioned above, and my specs can be found on my profile page. But I'm pretty sure that my pc specs isn't the problem at all.
Dntm8kmeeatu
Did you rollback Intel or Nvidia Drivers? Intel should be the one causing issues.

Since you have a Dedicated Nvidia GPU, try something like this;

Keppy wrote:

Thanks for replying, I found something that solved part of the problem for me:
Going to the control panel and selecting osu.exe to open with Integrated Graphics (1) will let the game open even if you right click and select run with Graphic Processor> NVIDIA Processor (2).

This makes osu work with the Dedicated GPU, but every time I start osu I have to select open with the nvidia processor(2).

I hope it helps others in the same situation.
Topic Starter
TamokunGZ
I rolled back Nvdia driver, and about that Integrated Graphics thing...I don't have it. It seems like Nvdia hide Intel driver when the Dedicated GPU installed.
Topic Starter
TamokunGZ
Update: The game is working now, and the "solution" is pretty "simple".......re-install window *facepalm*
Dntm8kmeeatu

TamokunGZ wrote:

Update: The game is working now, and the "solution" is pretty "simple".......re-install window *facepalm*
Well that's a really shite solution if we're going to be honest.

Obviously finding one that doesn't require you to reinstall your entire OS would be optimal... Normally the workarounds I provided work for *most* people. Sorry it didn't work for you, for some reason. It's an odd issue.

Anyways, Glad it's working now. If you ever have future issues, feel free to post. :D
Topic Starter
TamokunGZ
Hahaha I was being sarcastic there, anyway, thanks for trying to help me out. I appreciated that :D