forum

Ability to skip through replays

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +346
Topic Starter
Squoggs
Hi,

Sometimes I like to watch replays of mine to see my score at a certain point in the map, so I know whether it's worth continuing the new play. At present, with longer maps especially, it can be tedious having to wait through the entire replay even on 2x speed.

My request is for a way to skip through a replay and have a progress bar perhaps, similar to YouTube.

Apologies if this is a duplicate, I couldn't find an existing post.
Sandy Hoey
I can see this being really useful. This happens to me so often. i want to see what happened at the very end, but it is a long song and I am just sitting there watching it for a couple of minutes before I get to where I want to be. And then I only get to see it once before I have to rewatch everything.

Support from me
Starrodkirby86
On cutting-edge, you can use the hotkeys 5 through 9 to adjust the speed of the replay even further than just the general 1x, 2x, 0.5x playback. 5 reduces it to a frame-by-frame play, while 6 is the regular 1.0x playback. 7, 8, and 9 speed up the map far faster than 2x playback, so at least you can use that to skip around for now. Just make sure to not overshoot though, haha!
Sandy Hoey

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

Just make sure to not overshoot though, haha!
That is the worst part
Bara-
Got requested before
There is a reason this is likely not going to happen (soon)
Replays are not videos, it's just replaying the map, but it uses the movement/clicking of the player. Score calculations are happening again each time, so skipping to certain parts will make that work really wonky
Sandy Hoey
I guess instead you could just get a screen capture program like OBS and just start recording when you play. Then when you want to go watch something back you have the option to scrub throguh and control speed and all that
Ashton
ok, this is a pretty GOOD idea, but I wouldn't use it often
KyoHiroyuki
I like this idea, it's beyond tedious for me to have to watch through an entire replay just to get to the part I want to watch, and I can see it being a very interesting feature.

Summarry: Good idea, and I think it'd be a valued edition to osu!
Bara-
t/200060?hilit=Scroll+replay
The first dupe I found
Toxi

Bara- wrote:

Replays are not videos, it's just replaying the map, but it uses the movement/clicking of the player. Score calculations are happening again each time, so skipping to certain parts will make that work really wonky
Well, if this is correct then explain how we are still able to skip at the beginning of a replay, even if the player doesn't skip. Vice versa, if the player does skip, we're able to watch the part that the player skipped.
Bara-
First of all, look at the size of the replays
Only a few kb, it can't be from a video
Secondly, the cursor will stay in position, as no movement, nor clicking is found. If you skip, you'll see the cursor move, and since there aren't any scoring calculations, it will not mess up anything
Heuy
seems like a good idea i would enjoy skipping to a spot where i missed in a replay
Bara-
[ PhiL ]
"Oh i missed at a marathon map" *watches 10 minute replay to see why/how/when*