forum

xi - Ascension to Heaven [Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Skyhmer
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on August 24, 2016 at 8:10:35 PM

Artist: xi
Title: Ascension to Heaven
Source: BMS
Tags: parousia artcore Intelli Skylish
BPM: 200
Filesize: 4467kb
Play Time: 02:34
Difficulties Available:
  1. Futsuu (2.39 stars, 324 notes)
  2. Intelli's Hell Oni (6.48 stars, 1118 notes)
  3. Kantan (1.88 stars, 185 notes)
  4. Muzukashii (3.27 stars, 524 notes)
  5. Skylish's Hellvean Oni (7.39 stars, 1155 notes)
  6. Skylish's Lite Oni (4.9 stars, 841 notes)
  7. Skylish's Oni (5.49 stars, 943 notes)
Download: xi - Ascension to Heaven
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------

Thank you modders
Intelli
5urface
bananannian
Surono
- Frontier -
Kisses
R
Acrith
iloveyou4ever
ZTH
game rock
nyanmi-1828
Ayyri
Charlotte
Hiicantpk
Yoratama
JohtoKen
Mayoi Namekuji
Etsu
Kasha
Vulkin
BBB
ptar124
PwForgotten
Prophecy
Raediaufar
Nyan
Aloda
Invective
Kiki Iki
JudgeTheDude
Intelli
Hey, I see you're a new mapper, so I'll random mod when I get home ;)
Topic Starter
Skyhmer

Intelli wrote:

Hey, I see you're a new mapper, so I'll random mod when I get home ;)
Wow, I was planning on getting a test play from you next time I saw you online, thanks.
Intelli
Hey

Since it's your first map, I'm gonna be super forgiving on the minor stuff, just some big things.

Kantan:
  1. 00:41:739 (12) - Move this and 13 back onto the red tick to match the piano

2. 01:21:639 (12) - Add a k here to follow the low piano

3. 01:42:039 (7) - The beginning of this section feels very odd rhythm wise, especially since the first dense section was mapped in mostly doubles, but this is almost exclusively triples. I like the doubles better tbh. Plus, the first section felt really good for a harder-song Kantan, but this feels more like a Futsuu.

4. 02:00:039 (49) - Adding on to my point from right above this, this string of 1/1s is far too long for a Kantan.
Consistency is key c:

Futsuu:
  1. 00:43:539 (1) - One odd thing I've noticed about your mapping is that you follow the main melody, but then tack some unnecessary stuff on the back end of it. Like here for example, the k d kkd k is a pretty valid way to represent what's happening in the song there, but the k added on the end feels like it's just hanging out there for no reason. Some improvisation is needed in an easier diff with a song this complex and rhythmically diverse, but there are better ways to do it. Maps are meant to be played, so, to help your improv mapping, play a bunch of Futsuus made by really good mappers and take note of what patterns come up. For me, I would nix that last k there and add a d at 00:45:339. It flows much much smoother than the way you had it, which felt forced and awkward. Alot of this does come from mapping experience, but it is important to learn which patterns flow and which don't.

2. 00:47:139 (12) - And not 5 seconds later the dangling k is back RIP. Look for these throughout the map and come up with ways to make them flow better. Be creative, but not crazy.

3. 02:08:439 (185) - Be careful, because if you use this pattern only once in the entire map, it's just missbait. In other words, use this pattern more, or not at all (protip: i like it go with more lol)
Muzu:
  1. 00:00:000 (0) - use sv=1.4 for all 3 of these. 1.6 is only really for Inner Oni+

2. 01:48:789 (114) - Make sure you follow the pitch of the music. Although this diff flows pretty well, some of the d vs k decisions are questionable. For example, here, there is a rather high pitched piano riff at 01:49:239, yet you used ddd. I would use kkk here, but to set up the flow, change the note before and after it to d, making the figure: d k d kkk d. That's how you flow taiko.
What I noticed is that, while flow was the main issue in K/F, d vs. k was the main issue in Muzu. This is probably because you skipped K/F and went straight into playing Muzukashiis, right? Well, you can look at Kantans and Futsuus from some high level mappers for those difficulties (IAmKwan, Nardo, Prophecy, any of the QAT/BNs), and look at what they tend to do and what patterns they like and try to implement those into you map. Good luck, and have fun mapping!

On a side note, this spread desperately needs an Oni and an Inner Oni. I can do one of those (protip: inner plssss) as a GD if you'd like :D
Topic Starter
Skyhmer

Intelli wrote:

Hey

Since it's your first map, I'm gonna be super forgiving on the minor stuff, just some big things.

Kantan:
  1. 00:41:739 (12) - Move this and 13 back onto the red tick to match the piano Nice

2. 01:21:639 (12) - Add a k here to follow the low piano I think a D does the work better here because of that low ominous sound.

3. 01:42:039 (7) - The beginning of this section feels very odd rhythm wise, especially since the first dense section was mapped in mostly doubles, but this is almost exclusively triples. I like the doubles better tbh. Plus, the first section felt really good for a harder-song Kantan, but this feels more like a Futsuu. So I turned 90% of the triples into doubles and it feels much more appropriate for a kantan, this really fits with the first half too.

4. 02:00:039 (49) - Adding on to my point from right above this, this string of 1/1s is far too long for a Kantan. Bye
Consistency is key c:

Futsuu:
  1. 00:43:539 (1) - One odd thing I've noticed about your mapping is that you follow the main melody, but then tack some unnecessary stuff on the back end of it. Like here for example, the k d kkd k is a pretty valid way to represent what's happening in the song there, but the k added on the end feels like it's just hanging out there for no reason. Some improvisation is needed in an easier diff with a song this complex and rhythmically diverse, but there are better ways to do it. Maps are meant to be played, so, to help your improv mapping, play a bunch of Futsuus made by really good mappers and take note of what patterns come up. For me, I would nix that last k there and add a d at 00:45:339. Did this, also did this at similar areas of the map It flows much much smoother than the way you had it, which felt forced and awkward. Alot of this does come from mapping experience, but it is important to learn which patterns flow and which don't. Saved.
    This pointed out some crucial stuff. I was actually mapping those ks to a quiet crash cymbal, but you're definitely right about there being alternative methods that fit the whole of the song better.

2. 00:47:139 (12) - And not 5 seconds later the dangling k is back RIP. Look for these throughout the map and come up with ways to make them flow better. Be creative, but not crazy. Changed

3. 02:08:439 (185) - Be careful, because if you use this pattern only once in the entire map, it's just missbait. In other words, use this pattern more, or not at all (protip: i like it go with more lol) I would have used it more, but I think this is the only section that strongly supports it along with the next few notes. Also its in a note worthy part of the song so I don't think changing it to be like the rest of the map is necessary.
Muzu:
  1. 00:00:000 (0) - use sv=1.4 for all 3 of these. 1.6 is only really for Inner Oni+ Huh, good to know

2. 01:48:789 (114) - Make sure you follow the pitch of the music. Although this diff flows pretty well, some of the d vs k decisions are questionable. For example, here, there is a rather high pitched piano riff at 01:49:239, yet you used ddd. I would use kkk here, but to set up the flow, change the note before and after it to d, making the figure: d k d kkk d. That's how you flow taiko. Yeah this sounds a lot better and still plays nice, I guess I should pay more attention to flow and sound instead of just flow

What I noticed is that, while flow was the main issue in K/F, d vs. k was the main issue in Muzu. This is probably because you skipped K/F and went straight into playing Muzukashiis, right? if you mean the order I mapped it, I went from Kantan to Muzukashii to Futsuu. Well, you can look at Kantans and Futsuus from some high level mappers for those difficulties (IAmKwan, Nardo, Prophecy, any of the QAT/BNs), and look at what they tend to do and what patterns they like and try to implement those into you map. Good luck, and have fun mapping!

On a side note, this spread desperately needs an Oni and an Inner Oni. I can do one of those (protip: inner plssss) as a GD if you'd like :D
Thanks for the mod!I'll get around to editing the Futsuu diff tomorrow, that needs a clean up it seems.
5urface
Alright, enjoyed playing this =)
The timing is perfect so if anyone tells you to change it point them to my comment.

Kantan:

Well, not too much to say about this one. I wouldn't change anything here.

Futsuu:
02:20:289 Add a don (maybe a little more) to fill this pattern more and match the beat, feels a little too empty, even for Futsuu.

Muzu:
00:19:239 - 00:20:289 Not so sure about using a drumroll but that's personal taste. Make sure to make the drumroll end on a beat
01:01:239 - 01:37:239 This section feels a little empty. I know where you are coming from, mapping the main part of the melody but maby you can add in a little more towards the end of the section where the music is building up again for example 01:21:639 - 01:22:839
01:42:114 and 01:42:189 Maybe add 2 dons here to follow the beat and match the pattern from 01:37:239
02:18:939 - 02:20:139 Make this pattern a little harder, additional 1/4 would match the beat quite well here

Additionally I want to note that this song would lend itself really well to some higher difficulties (Oni, Inner Oni). I could see this one being very fun at 4.5 to 5 stars difficulty, maybe even higher.

Good luck
Topic Starter
Skyhmer

5urface wrote:

Alright, enjoyed playing this =)
The timing is perfect so if anyone tells you to change it point them to my comment.

Kantan:

Well, not too much to say about this one. I wouldn't change anything here.
Nice

Futsuu:
02:20:289 Add a don (maybe a little more) to fill this pattern more and match the beat, feels a little too empty, even for Futsuu. Not doing this only because I don't want the star rating to increase .-. , I think this is not too bad anyway

Muzu:
00:19:239 - 00:20:289 Not so sure about using a drumroll but that's personal taste. Make sure to make the drumroll end on a beat Oops, fixed
01:01:239 - 01:37:239 This section feels a little empty. I know where you are coming from, mapping the main part of the melody but maby you can add in a little more towards the end of the section where the music is building up again for example 01:21:639 - 01:22:839 I add some notes in that area, though I am follow specifically the higher piano in this Muzukashii so I won't be adding anymore since that's all of it
01:42:114 and 01:42:189 Maybe add 2 dons here to follow the beat and match the pattern from 01:37:239 I want to emphasis the start of this section with a D only because I really wanted to keep triples in reserve for other parts in the middle of sections rather than right at the beginning of one.
02:18:939 - 02:20:139 Make this pattern a little harder, additional 1/4 would match the beat quite well here Done

Additionally I want to note that this song would lend itself really well to some higher difficulties (Oni, Inner Oni). I could see this one being very fun at 4.5 to 5 stars difficulty, maybe even higher. I seem to have a Inner Oni on its way

Good luck
Thanks for the mod!
bananannian
Eyyyy~

/throw mod

Muzukashii
Since it's your first map I'm gonna just give you some broad suggestions, maybe you could take away some concepts that's helpful to you from my ramblings~

00:11:139 (3,4) - switch, snares are on the white line and the bass drum's on the red, not the other way around
00:13:539 (15,16) - ^
00:15:939 (29,30) - ^
00:18:339 (43,44) - ^

Think about structure more; for instance let's look at the structure of this section from 00:10:839 to 00:20:439 at the beginning; the whole bit consists of 8 bars, which can be divided into 4 2-bar phrases, and phrase 1 and 3 are similar. So what you could do is to use similar patterns for phrases 1 and 3. E.g. 00:11:589 (5,6,7,8) - dkdk, so 00:16:389 - can be dkdk too. Thinking about stuff like this can make your mapping more internally consistent.

Strategic pauses can be used to accentuate notes both before and after the pause (but personally I think pauses emphasize notes before them waaaay better than notes after). E.g. at on onbeat like, 00:15:639, where there's a heavy piano chord, you could delete 00:15:789 (28) to further emphasize the onbeat. Actually just think about emphasis more.

Speaking of emphasis, k's usually emphasize sound in the music more than d's. It's important to consider where in a pattern you should use k's, it's equivalent to considering which note in a pattern you want to emphasize. E.g. 00:47:889 (183), if this is a d instead of a k, the kkk triplet after would be much more noticeable. The k's can then also represent the entry of the piano this way.

00:20:139 - this clap sound in the music deserves a note imo, not just sliderend-ed. Perhaps change the slider to a spinner and add a K here.

It's helpful to listen to the music at 50% playback, you'll notice some notes are out of place if you want to match the music better. E.g. 00:23:439 (65) should be moved 1/2 forward to 00:23:589; and 00:24:039 (67) should be moved 1/2 backward to 00:23:889.

[]
Sometimes it's confusing when you map to sounds that's not actually on the beat where you've placed the note; e.g. 00:30:639 (101) should actually be on the blue tick just before it, at 00:30:564. I can understand why you did that, if you did place that note on the blue tick the rhythm would be too hard for muzu players (or perhaps you just misheard the position of the note, that's ok it happens to everyone), BUT when you put the note as is now players will get confused, because the snare sound in the music you're mapping to and the hitsound of that k would occur at different times. This happens A LOT in this muzu, the drum pattern is really intense and complicated and can't be represented thoroughly with muzu level of density and muzu patternings, which is why people ask you to map Oni and Inner Oni :P

A solution to this problem is to just delete the note. Just delete 00:30:639 (101). That music/hitsound conflict wouldn't happen if there's no note there, would it?
Another solution is to delete the note AND think of another way to represent that part of the music. In this case, delete 00:30:639 (101) and add a d at 00:30:489 perhaps.

Please be reminded that this really happens A LOT in this muzu. A LOT. Too many to count. Do consider fixing them. (remember to use 50% playback rate to listen carefully to note timings)

[]
When doing build-ups towards a big note, using notes of an opposite color before that D or K is a common way of making that build up sound more intense.
E.g. 00:38:439 - I would do it like this:

E.g. 00:57:639 - I would do it like this (a bit too hard for muzu, but this is just so you can get the idea):

Using k's more and more before the D is also a good way to do build-ups.

Random suggestion: at 01:39:639 you can hear the melodic synth at regular 3/2 intervals, if you want to map those in consider this:

76 and 82 are big notes.

Don't be scared of using 1/4s in a muzu btw, your kiai time has very few of those and it's supposedly the most intense part of the song. I think putting more triplets in while still keeping the SR below 3.5 is a good starting point, just make sure not to use consecutive triplets.

00:10:239 and 01:40:989 and 02:34:333 - adding a spinner or slider at these places could be a nice effect. Up to you though.

Oh and also... I usually use claps instead of whistles as my k, so... there's that :P

call me back once you've got a few more mods and I can then actually look into more specific things if you want me to lol
hopefully I didn't piss you off with a giant wall of text :D

Good luck~

Edit: I completely fucking forgot Kantan and Futsuu LMFAO
err... if you really want me to look at those call me back later orz
Topic Starter
Skyhmer

bananannian wrote:

Eyyyy~

/throw mod

Muzukashii
Since it's your first map I'm gonna just give you some broad suggestions, maybe you could take away some concepts that's helpful to you from my ramblings~

00:11:139 (3,4) - switch, snares are on the white line and the bass drum's on the red, not the other way around
00:13:539 (15,16) - ^
00:15:939 (29,30) - ^
00:18:339 (43,44) - ^
Applied

Think about structure more; for instance let's look at the structure of this section from 00:10:839 to 00:20:439 at the beginning; the whole bit consists of 8 bars, which can be divided into 4 2-bar phrases, and phrase 1 and 3 are similar. So what you could do is to use similar patterns for phrases 1 and 3. E.g. 00:11:589 (5,6,7,8) - dkdk, so 00:16:389 - can be dkdk too. Thinking about stuff like this can make your mapping more internally consistent.

Strategic pauses can be used to accentuate notes both before and after the pause (but personally I think pauses emphasize notes before them waaaay better than notes after). E.g. at on onbeat like, 00:15:639, where there's a heavy piano chord, you could delete 00:15:789 (28) to further emphasize the onbeat. Actually just think about emphasis more.

Speaking of emphasis, k's usually emphasize sound in the music more than d's. It's important to consider where in a pattern you should use k's, it's equivalent to considering which note in a pattern you want to emphasize. E.g. 00:47:889 (183), if this is a d instead of a k, the kkk triplet after would be much more noticeable. The k's can then also represent the entry of the piano this way. Something always felt off with the triplets in the first half of the map. changing the previous notes before them makes it a lot more clear their connected to the piano now

00:20:139 - this clap sound in the music deserves a note imo, not just sliderend-ed. Perhaps change the slider to a spinner and add a K here. This is what I intended to do at first but it felt to tight between a short spinner and a D K. Ill try it and see how modders feel

It's helpful to listen to the music at 50% playback, you'll notice some notes are out of place if you want to match the music better. E.g. 00:23:439 (65) should be moved 1/2 forward to 00:23:589; 00:24:039 (67) should be moved 1/2 backward to 00:23:889. I agree with the order of notes you used as an example here, I think that the beat this pattern follows is way too irregular to follow on a muzukashii. The sound would also strongly suggest there to be notes on blue ticks 00:22:914 - and 00:23:064 (15) - after . I think would be better saved for something like a Oni difficulty

[]
Sometimes it's confusing when you map to sounds that's not actually on the beat where you've placed the note; e.g. 00:30:639 (101) should actually be on the blue tick just before it, at 00:30:564. I can understand why you did that, if you did place that note on the blue tick the rhythm would be too hard for muzu players (or perhaps you just misheard the position of the note, that's ok it happens to everyone), BUT when you put the note as is now players will get confused, because the snare sound in the music you're mapping to and the hitsound of that k would occur at different times. This happens A LOT in this muzu, the drum pattern is really intense and complicated and can't be represented thoroughly with muzu level of density and muzu patternings, which is why people ask you to map Oni and Inner Oni :P

A solution to this problem is to just delete the note. Just delete 00:30:639 (101). That music/hitsound conflict wouldn't happen if there's no note there, would it?
Another solution is to delete the note AND think of another way to represent that part of the music. In this case, delete 00:30:639 (101) and add a d at 00:30:489 perhaps. Nice idea

Please be reminded that this really happens A LOT in this muzu. A LOT. Too many to count. Do consider fixing them. (remember to use 50% playback rate to listen carefully to note timings)

[]
When doing build-ups towards a big note, using notes of an opposite color before that D or K is a common way of making that build up sound more intense.
E.g. 00:38:439 - I would do it like this:

E.g. 00:57:639 - I would do it like this (a bit too hard for muzu, but this is just so you can get the idea):

Using k's more and more before the D is also a good way to do build-ups.

Random suggestion: at 01:39:639 you can hear the melodic synth at regular 3/2 intervals, if you want to map those in consider this:

76 and 82 are big notes.

Don't be scared of using 1/4s in a muzu btw, your kiai time has very few of those and it's supposedly the most intense part of the song. I think putting more triplets in while still keeping the SR below 3.5 is a good starting point, just make sure not to use consecutive triplets.
Concerning the above suggestions, I will be using more triplets in the remap, I was trying to put a limit on how often I used them, but considering the song, its best if I just use more and get rid of some later if need be instead of using too few and having off sounding patterns before them.

00:10:239 and 01:40:989 and 02:34:333 - adding a spinner or slider at these places could be a nice effect. Up to you though.
Not for now

Oh and also... I usually use claps instead of whistles as my k, so... there's that :P

call me back once you've got a few more mods and I can then actually look into more specific things if you want me to lol
hopefully I didn't piss you off with a giant wall of text :D

Good luck~
Ok so this whole suggestion made very conflicted with what beats I choose to follow in Muzukashii so I'll be remapping most of the first half.
Thanks for the mod!

EDIT: Alright so I've made the first half of the map a lot more consistent and actually put ks where the sound cymbals actually are.

I also listen to the music more carefully and changed a few notes to match unique sounds when they occurred to add some actual spark to the first half.

I didn't follow some of the exact beats that you pointed out in the paragraphs only because the the sounds you suggested I follow would end up with a lot of doubles, just like it would have been for the cymbals I was following with ks if I followed them correctly.
Now like you said I could have just deleted them, moved some circles around, and kept going but at that point I only had like 3 viable patterns which were really repetitive and boring (No seriously I didn't even have to look at the screen to play.)
Still though, I think by follow the advice of cutting sections of map into matching bars and following some sort of consistent beat, I got a actual structure to work with now.
Surono
I dont think is needed high diff.. bcus this already good diffs! xd I just guesss lower diff mapper is best I think n yeah..

Muzukashii
* 00:50:589 - I think you need delete this for consistentcy on next similar part 00:53:139 (159,160,161,162,163,164) - this, and 00:51:489 - you wanna change this to don for varies? dkkd on next is high piano so here dkdd would nice imo for varies
* 00:58:014 - move to 00:57:864 - here? I think is would nice to be 5plet bcus its fit with deep flow and is allowed as Muzu. I just think two 3plet is harsh for muzukashii, 00:58:014 - and is nice to be rest at this section nope, I feel this bad.. you can just 00:57:714 - delete this bcus its not nessecarry or you can just need more filling a notes on futsuu, and spread too far (muzu have 1/4+1/2 pattern but futsuu just 1/1 pattern? please consindering this)

Futsuu
* 01:03:039 - delete for better spread betwen muzu and kantan? Muzu: x x x, Futsuu: x x, Kantan: x
* 01:04:689 - 01:09:489 - I think is needed to delete, same above with reason ( but if you wanna still keep for this. you should add just 1 note on white tick for kantan )
* 01:22:239 - add note, about spread

kantan
* 01:21:639 - add note, about spread

and idk more, its nice mapset! GLuck!

it looks ppl wanna GD on high diff.. I nope I nope lol ( now lazi mapping )
Topic Starter
Skyhmer

Surono wrote:

I dont think is needed high diff.. bcus this already good diffs! xd I just guesss lower diff mapper is best I think n yeah..

Muzukashii
* 00:50:589 - I think you need delete this for consistentcy on next similar part 00:53:139 (159,160,161,162,163,164) - this, and 00:51:489 - you wanna change this to don for varies? dkkd on next is high piano so here dkdd would nice imo for varies
So I cant take this suggestion cause I just remade this section while you modded

* 00:58:014 - move to 00:57:864 - here? I think is would nice to be 5plet bcus its fit with deep flow and is allowed as Muzu. I just think two 3plet is harsh for muzukashii, 00:58:014 - and is nice to be rest at this section nope, I feel this bad.. you can just 00:57:714 - delete this bcus its not nessecarry or you can just need more filling a notes on futsuu, and spread too far (muzu have 1/4+1/2 pattern but futsuu just 1/1 pattern? please consindering this) Yeah, this felt a bit to triple heavy for this muzukashii

Futsuu
* 01:03:039 - delete for better spread betwen muzu and kantan? Muzu: x x x, Futsuu: x x, Kantan: x That would keep the notes coming at 4/1, even though the piano kicks up here. Keeping
* 01:04:689 - 01:09:489 - I think is needed to delete, same above with reason ( but if you wanna still keep for this. you should add just 1 note on white tick for kantan ) Keeping. Both notes feel to 'weak' on their own.
* 01:22:239 - add note, about spread Nice catch. Adding for the actual same reason as the first suggestion For the kantan, im actually going to add a note at 01:07:239 (3) - cause it made me realize it was inconsistent.

kantan
* 01:21:639 - add note, about spread ye

and idk more, its nice mapset! GLuck!

it looks ppl wanna GD on high diff.. I nope I nope lol ( now lazi mapping )
Thanks for the mod!
- Frontier -

fron this shit queue

d | k
D | K

[Kantan]
00:12:939 (10,11) - ctrl+g
00:18:789 (19) - k
00:48:939 (2) - d
01:31:239 (20,21) - ctrl+g
01:36:039 - k
01:37:239 (1) - ^
01:51:639 (26) - k
01:53:739 (30,31) - ctrl+g
02:02:139 (46,47) - ^
02:25:239 (1) - d
02:26:439 (1) - k
02:27:639 (2) - d
02:30:039 (3) - ^
Kantan is average hard for newbies. :o

[Futsuu]
00:57:939 (44,45) - ctrl+g
No comment....

[Muzukashii]
no comment again

Good map!! Good luck >w<
Intelli
It's only like 1/3 done right now, but my diff is going to be REALLY

REALLY

REALLY

hard

like 6.something stars
Topic Starter
Skyhmer

- Frontier - wrote:

fron this shit queue

d | k
D | K

[Kantan]
00:12:939 (10,11) - ctrl+g Sounds better how it is with Piano
00:18:789 (19) - k Drum roll (I'll keep note of this though)
00:48:939 (2) - d Ok
01:31:239 (20,21) - ctrl+g We got that low piano though
01:36:039 - k Ok
01:37:239 (1) - ^ Piano
01:51:639 (26) - k No need
01:53:739 (30,31) - ctrl+g
02:02:139 (46,47) - ^ I'll obviously be taking note of this section too, but ill be refusing this and the above.
The reason I flipped the order of notes here was because the piano enters its lowest pitch through out the course of this small area, so I thought it would be more interesting to reverse the order of d and k. Of course I made sure that it still sounds very fitting (imo)

02:25:239 (1) - d
02:26:439 (1) - k
02:27:639 (2) - d But the piano goes up, down, then up D: (I'm ignoring that low side of it)
02:30:039 (3) - ^
Kantan is average hard for newbies. :o
Yeah, but this is xi's ascension to heaven. I have limits I don't want to break but I already decided I wanted the diffs to be more dense then the average ones you'd find

[Futsuu]
00:57:939 (44,45) - ctrl+g I didn't do exactly this, but made a change
No comment....

[Muzukashii]
no comment again

Good map!! Good luck >w<
Thanks for the mod!

Intelli wrote:

It's only like 1/3 done right now, but my diff is going to be REALLY

REALLY

REALLY

hard

like 6.something stars
So i'm just gonna go ahead and find a oni mapper, unless I can get away with a 3-4 star gap in SR
Intelli
lol well we needed an Oni to begin with. May even need a 2nd inner o.o
_handholding
hey, m4m

Kantan
  1. 00:37:839 (58) - change to d
  2. 00:33:339 (49) - I recommend deleting this note, its not apart of the main beat you were mapping
  3. 00:44:139 (72) - how about deleting this note and adding a finish on 00:44:439 (73). It would decrease the note density a bit for the Kantan also it gives 00:44:439 (73) the emphasis it wants
  4. 01:41:739 (132) - delete
  5. 01:51:039 (152) - change to k? it seems to go up in pitch to me
  6. 01:51:939 (154) - I think deleting this would be better imo as the sound he is very minor compared to 01:51:639 (153) -
  7. 01:52:839 (156) - I would defintaely delete this note, since the sound is at 01:52:689 it just makes the rythm and flow feel forced it also doesnt sound right with the music
  8. 02:04:839 (178,179,180,181) - I think you should map this part like you did for 01:44:139 (138,139,140,141,142,143,144,145) for consistency
Futstuu

• I think you need to nerf osme patterns a bit, as there seems be lack of pauses between some patterns and doesnt seem a bit overwhelming for a futstuu as at this difficulty you would want some gaps between combos
  1. 00:10:839 (7) - Because this is the very start of the map do you want to reduce some notes a bit to make it a bit easier, the patterns here are just as hard to play as the patterns in your chorus, up to you though
  2. 00:23:439 (50) - You were following the drums earlier so move this to 00:23:739
  3. 00:25:839 (58) - Same as above, move it to 00:26:139. It does flow a beat weird if you sway away from the drum beats if you start mapping it first
  4. 00:28:239 (66) - Notes like these you can delete to ease up on the note density
  5. 00:32:439 (80) - Change to k, the pitch of the piano is really high, even high than the note at 00:32:139 (79)
  6. 00:33:639 (83) - I think this pattern is more appropiate http://puu.sh/o1g4z/17f11b1d4b.jpg
  7. 00:35:439 (90) - delete
  8. 00:37:839 (98) - ^
  9. 00:40:839 (106) - I think this pattern fits the music more http://puu.sh/o1ggQ/16a657ed73.jpg I mean 00:41:589 (109) - is a lot higher pitch than 00:41:889 (110) right..?
  10. 00:43:539 (1,2,1,2,3) - You mapped the piano here but missed a big piano note at 00:43:239
  11. 00:45:339 (5) - This is a note you can delete because its only mapping the drums and in this entire section you have focused on the piano
  12. 00:50:139 (18) - delete for the same reason as above
  13. 00:53:889 (31) - Maybe delete this note to give emphasis on 00:54:039 (32) ? the sound at 00:53:889 (31) is very minor too
  14. 01:44:739 (107) - Delete to decrease density a bit
Well thats all from me, obviously dont follow the stuff you dont agree with and GL
I'll come back and mod the muzu some time later
Topic Starter
Skyhmer

Kisses wrote:

hey, m4m

Kantan
  1. 00:37:839 (58) - change to d done
  2. 00:33:339 (49) - I recommend deleting this note, its not apart of the main beat you were mapping true
  3. 00:44:139 (72) - how about deleting this note and adding a finish on 00:44:439 (73). It would decrease the note density a bit for the Kantan also it gives 00:44:439 (73) the emphasis it wants I decided to delete the middle note in the triple just before this one.
  4. 01:41:739 (132) - delete done
  5. 01:51:039 (152) - change to k? it seems to go up in pitch to me yeah
  6. 01:51:939 (154) - I think deleting this would be better imo as the sound he is very minor compared to 01:51:639 (153) - I think the sounds is relevant enough to get a note
  7. 01:52:839 (156) - I would defintaely delete this note, since the sound is at 01:52:689 it just makes the rythm and flow feel forced it also doesn't sound right with the music I really think its just as important as all the others.
  8. 02:04:839 (178,179,180,181) - I think you should map this part like you did for 01:44:139 (138,139,140,141,142,143,144,145) for consistency Amazingly, I saw and fixed this just before I read this line.
Futstuu

• I think you need to nerf osme patterns a bit, as there seems be lack of pauses between some patterns and doesnt seem a bit overwhelming for a futstuu as at this difficulty you would want some gaps between combos
  1. 00:10:839 (7) - Because this is the very start of the map do you want to reduce some notes a bit to make it a bit easier, the patterns here are just as hard to play as the patterns in your chorus, up to you though
  2. 00:23:439 (50) - You were following the drums earlier so move this to 00:23:739
  3. 00:25:839 (58) - Same as above, move it to 00:26:139. It does flow a beat weird if you sway away from the drum beats if you start mapping it first
  4. 00:28:239 (66) - Notes like these you can delete to ease up on the note density
  5. 00:32:439 (80) - Change to k, the pitch of the piano is really high, even high than the note at 00:32:139 (79)
  6. 00:33:639 (83) - I think this pattern is more appropiate http://puu.sh/o1g4z/17f11b1d4b.jpg
  7. 00:35:439 (90) - delete
  8. 00:37:839 (98) - ^
  9. 00:40:839 (106) - I think this pattern fits the music more http://puu.sh/o1ggQ/16a657ed73.jpg I mean 00:41:589 (109) - is a lot higher pitch than 00:41:889 (110) right..?
  10. 00:43:539 (1,2,1,2,3) - You mapped the piano here but missed a big piano note at 00:43:239
  11. 00:45:339 (5) - This is a note you can delete because its only mapping the drums and in this entire section you have focused on the piano
  12. 00:50:139 (18) - delete for the same reason as above
  13. 00:53:889 (31) - Maybe delete this note to give emphasis on 00:54:039 (32) ? the sound at 00:53:889 (31) is very minor too
  14. 01:44:739 (107) - Delete to decrease density a bit
Well thats all from me, obviously dont follow the stuff you dont agree with and GL
I'll come back and mod the muzu some time later
Thanks for the mod!
I guess enough people brought up how dense the futsuu was so I'll change a lot of it tomorrow with your mod
Topic Starter
Skyhmer
Alright, even though the SR increased by 0.03, the density of futsuu is much more like a futsuu, especially the second half.
[R]
yo

[General]
- Current preview time not meaningful and still calm, maybe you can move to 01:37:229 -
- Kantan and Futsuu Kiai's Time has not set
- Kantan and Futsuu have SV error (AiMod) you can fixed it with notepad
- Recommended OD and HP for Kantan~Muzukashii , 4:8 - 4:7 - 5:6

[Futsuu]
00:33:939 - delete this beacause piano has stopped in 00:33:639 - make a good flow
00:36:339 - maybe you can add kkk in 1/2 here
00:58:539 - delete ?
02:03:639 - can be d , feels monotoune

02:19:539 (9,10) - try kdk

[Muzukashii]
00:28:689 - delete this, sound more clear
00:47:889 - same

00:57:339 (106,107,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - guess you can follow piano than drum to make easier in this part
01:14:139 (32,33) - can be dd since this note 01:13:239 - kat

01:16:239 - d ?
01:40:689 - delete ?

Intelli wrote:

adding Oni will be nice
Good Luck
Topic Starter
Skyhmer

[R] wrote:

yo

[General]
- Current preview time not meaningful and still calm, maybe you can move to 01:37:229 - Fine
- Kantan and Futsuu Kiai's Time has not set Fixed
- Kantan and Futsuu have SV error (AiMod) you can fixed it with notepad Fixed
- Recommended OD and HP for Kantan~Muzukashii , 4:8 - 4:7 - 5:6
I'll get more feedback before I touch the settings

[Futsuu]
00:33:939 - delete this beacause piano has stopped in 00:33:639 - make a good flow Agreed
00:36:339 - maybe you can add kkk in 1/2 here I can't see why It would be here
00:58:539 - delete ? Yeah
02:03:639 - can be d , feels monotoune Fixed

02:19:539 (9,10) - try kdk If i'm understanding this right, then this is how it already was.

[Muzukashii]
00:28:689 - delete this, sound more clear
00:47:889 - same
Ill try these out

00:57:339 (106,107,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - guess you can follow piano than drum to make easier in this part
01:14:139 (32,33) - can be dd since this note 01:13:239 - kat I tried this before, didn't really work out, especially since all but the slow part of the song is mapped to the drums and cymbal

01:16:239 - d ? I think k works better
01:40:689 - delete ? I think its fine

Intelli wrote:

adding Oni will be nice One day
Good Luck
Thanks for the mod and sorry for the late reply!
Acrith

[Muzukashii]

click
I checked beats, apply those which goes with considerable patterns. Probably applying all of these will be also fine, since people will try to play to those beats, and accuracy up there.
00:25:839 (7) - IF we're sticking to rhythm, this should be kat
00:29:439 (27) - I don't hear hit, or stuff, or anything in beat - why is it kat? should be rather don
00:30:639 (33) - Hit, kat?
00:33:039 (45) - Hit, kat?
00:39:039 (15) - No hit - no kat. I mean should be don. Even easier for people since you focus on kkk then go straight to slow ddkdddk
00:40:239 (22) - Hit, kat?
00:41:589 (28) - No hit - no kat?
00:42:639 (33) - Hit, kat?
00:45:039 (44) - ^
00:48:639 (64) - No hit - no kat?
00:49:839 (70) - hit, kat?
00:51:189 (76,77,78) - Switch colors? XD (Due to background beat, it should go dkd(d) not kdk(d))
00:52:239 (82) - Hit, kat?
01:03:039 (16,17) - Switch colors? Seems better for piano rhythm. 01:02:739 (15,16) - this and this is so similar in pitch. (should go then dkkdk)
01:07:839 (23,24) - Same sounds - same colors? Or not? :D

I can't completely focus on kiai time, because... well... Oni and Inner Onis would totally focus on PIANO. Muzu could also in some repeatable parts, consider this.

Didn't mod rest of diffs, they seem pretty fine - I'm not also a kantan/futsuu lover, so... well.. can't help ^^
Good luck, waiting for Oni/Inner
Topic Starter
Skyhmer

Acrith wrote:

[Muzukashii]

click
I checked beats, apply those which goes with considerable patterns. Probably applying all of these will be also fine, since people will try to play to those beats, and accuracy up there.
00:25:839 (7) - IF we're sticking to rhythm, this should be kat That cymbal actually falls on the blue tick k (this is what I originally had)
00:29:439 (27) - I don't hear hit, or stuff, or anything in beat - why is it kat? should be rather don Nice catch
00:30:639 (33) - Hit, kat? kat would be on blue tick
00:33:039 (45) - Hit, kat? ^
00:39:039 (15) - No hit - no kat. I mean should be don. Even easier for people since you focus on kkk then go straight to slow ddkdddk Agreed
00:40:239 (22) - Hit, kat?same reason
00:41:589 (28) - No hit - no kat? Its a special note to match the pitch of the piano
00:42:639 (33) - Hit, kat? same reason
00:45:039 (44) - ^^
00:48:639 (64) - No hit - no kat? Fixed
00:49:839 (70) - hit, kat? same reason
00:51:189 (76,77,78) - Switch colors? XD (Due to background beat, it should go dkd(d) not kdk(d)) Ill use this for now
00:52:239 (82) - Hit, kat? sorry
01:03:039 (16,17) - Switch colors? Seems better for piano rhythm. 01:02:739 (15,16) - this and this is so similar in pitch. (should go then dkkdk) Yeah thats way better
01:07:839 (23,24) - Same sounds - same colors? Or not? :D Ill keep it as it is for now for the low piano

I can't completely focus on kiai time, because... well... Oni and Inner Onis would totally focus on PIANO. Muzu could also in some repeatable parts, consider this.

Didn't mod rest of diffs, they seem pretty fine - I'm not also a kantan/futsuu lover, so... well.. can't help ^^
Good luck, waiting for Oni/Inner
Thanks for the mod!
iloveyou4ever
irc mod
23:05 Skyhmer: o/
23:05 iloveyou4ever: o
23:07 Skyhmer: Wanted to ask if you were open to mod requests?
23:08 iloveyou4ever: just M4M
23:08 Skyhmer: I can m4m, but I can't actually play any of your maps well
23:08 *iloveyou4ever is listening to [http://osu.ppy.sh/b/958493 BABYMETAL - Road of Resistance]
23:08 iloveyou4ever: this is my map
23:08 iloveyou4ever: oh it's a sad news...
23:08 iloveyou4ever: then just focus on non-kiai time
23:09 Skyhmer: yeah 5.77 stars lol
23:09 iloveyou4ever: or the beginning something else
23:09 Skyhmer: alright
23:09 *Skyhmer is listening to [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/927832 xi - Ascension to Heaven]
23:09 Skyhmer: my map
23:09 Skyhmer: you don't have to mod all three diffs
23:09 iloveyou4ever: no Oni?
23:10 Skyhmer: someone is making a inner oni
23:10 Skyhmer: Im looking to for a GD for oni
23:10 iloveyou4ever: can we irc mod?
23:10 iloveyou4ever: I am bored...
23:12 Skyhmer: sure
23:13 Skyhmer: well,
23:13 Skyhmer: Im actually applying a quick mod right now
23:13 Skyhmer: so give me 5 minutes so we can do it on a recent version
23:13 iloveyou4ever: ok
23:21 Skyhmer: alright finished
23:22 iloveyou4ever: ok let me check...
23:23 iloveyou4ever: The od of kantan should be 3 instead of 2?
23:23 iloveyou4ever: follow futsuu and muzukashii od 4 and 5
23:24 iloveyou4ever: And also the bg should be 1366x768 instead of 1365x768,but it's fine ok
23:25 iloveyou4ever: 00:13:239 -
23:25 Skyhmer: changed the OD
23:25 iloveyou4ever: should be change to d,I don't hear high pitch here
23:26 Skyhmer: agreed
23:26 Skyhmer: changed #16 too
23:26 iloveyou4ever: and I also need to point out that the diff spread is not really even
23:26 iloveyou4ever: you should lower the SR of muzu a bit,we may discuss later
23:27 iloveyou4ever: 00:32:139 -
23:27 iloveyou4ever: change to k
23:27 iloveyou4ever: I mean d sorry typing error
23:28 Skyhmer: yup
23:28 iloveyou4ever: 00:35:739 -
23:29 iloveyou4ever: change to d,again no high pitch
23:29 iloveyou4ever: 00:53:289 -
23:29 iloveyou4ever: move the k(89th note) to here
23:30 iloveyou4ever: 01:28:839 -
23:31 iloveyou4ever: change to d low pitch
23:32 iloveyou4ever: 02:19:539 -
23:32 iloveyou4ever: change to d
23:32 iloveyou4ever: Nice diifficulty,just few things to correct
23:33 Skyhmer: thanks
23:33 iloveyou4ever: 02:30:039 -
23:33 iloveyou4ever: additional,this may change to d because of the long low pitch piano sound
23:34 Skyhmer: Yeah completely agreed
23:34 Skyhmer: wonder why i didn't set that to d before
23:35 iloveyou4ever: maybe you miss that haha
23:35 iloveyou4ever: now comes futsuu
23:35 iloveyou4ever: 00:19:239 -
23:36 iloveyou4ever: may change to d but I think changing to d may broke the consistency...just up to you
23:36 iloveyou4ever: 00:35:289 -
23:36 iloveyou4ever: add d here
23:38 iloveyou4ever: From 00:39:639 - 00:44:439 - , I think you should do the consistency...It's messy here
23:40 iloveyou4ever: 01:44:289 -
23:40 iloveyou4ever: add d here
23:40 Skyhmer: yeah I see what you mean
23:40 Skyhmer: notes are kinda random here
23:41 iloveyou4ever: 01:51:039 -
23:41 iloveyou4ever: maybe add d here,seems empty to me
23:41 iloveyou4ever: 02:03:489 - add d and change next note to k to make consistency
23:42 iloveyou4ever: 02:13:089 - change like 02:03:489
23:43 iloveyou4ever: 02:29:439 -
23:43 iloveyou4ever: change to d
23:44 iloveyou4ever: 02:34:965 - change to D to emphasis with Kantan
23:46 iloveyou4ever: can we go for muzu now?
23:47 Skyhmer: yeah im ready
23:48 iloveyou4ever: ok
23:49 iloveyou4ever: 00:12:489 -
23:49 iloveyou4ever: I suggest cancel d
23:49 iloveyou4ever: the music is like dk dk(1/4) at 00:12:339 -
23:50 iloveyou4ever: There is no beat on 00:12:489 -
23:50 iloveyou4ever: so remove d
23:51 iloveyou4ever: 00:17:139 - change to k because high pitch
23:51 iloveyou4ever: 00:28:539 - change to d
23:52 iloveyou4ever: 00:47:739 - ^
23:53 iloveyou4ever: 00:57:714 - remove this d,too dense to put 3-notes pattern stream in muzu
23:54 iloveyou4ever: 01:27:639 - low pitch long piano sound
23:55 iloveyou4ever: 01:39:639 - change to K next change to d,check the pitch
23:56 iloveyou4ever: 02:18:789 - add d here
23:57 iloveyou4ever: 02:29:739 - this and next note change to d
23:58 iloveyou4ever: additional,01:59:889 - ctrl+G(reverse)this and next note
23:59 iloveyou4ever: 02:11:889 -
23:59 iloveyou4ever: add d here
23:59 iloveyou4ever: I think that's the end of my mod
00:02 Skyhmer: thanks a lot
00:02 Skyhmer: I actually made some pretty key changes
00:04 iloveyou4ever: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4995991
00:04 iloveyou4ever: and it's fun to play!!
00:04 Skyhmer: I was about to ask if it was fun
00:04 Skyhmer: At least I got that down :P
00:05 iloveyou4ever: I will post the log to the forum :o
ZTH
Hello~ From my queue.

Take these suggestions as a grain of salt, as I am still an inexperienced modder when it comes to difficulty spread.

General

1. Uncheck widescreen support
  2. Your current bg is 1365x768. Change it to 1366x768 to exactly fit the 16:9 ratio.

Muzukashii

1. 00:39:789 (20) - Move this note to 00:40:089. The new 1/1 break gives more emphasis to the finisher and adds some flow.

Futsuu

1. 00:39:639 (93,94,95,96,97,98,99) - You were mainly focusing on drums+piano, but here, you are only focusing on the piano, which suddenly shifts and disrupts the flow. Might want to adjust that.
  2. 01:39:939 (197) - Nothing wrong here but these 1/1 note will confuse players (I also tripped up), thinking they are hitting the bass drums instead. Personally, I would move this note to 01:40:539 so that it avoids confusion and is more beginner friendly.
  3. Took a glimpse on the kiai. The patterns follow the song very well, but they are a bit too complex for this diff. Each verse has different patterns, spacings, and flow, which can be a bit difficult for futsuu level. Would advise to use less 3/2 spacings and be a little bit more consistent/simple across each verse.

Kantan

1. I am not sure about the usage of 1/2. 1/2 are rarely used on kantan and only if really, really required. Tbh, I don't see any reason to map 1/2 here when there are other emphasized 1/1 to map.
  2. 00:36:639 (55) - move this note to 00:36:939 and change to k. Seems to follow the music better.

The don/kat usage is fine. The real problem is each diffs seems to be harder than usual (notice there are no breaks during the early chorus and the kiai for each diffs), and BNs might not accept it. Since I am not an expert when it comes to difficulty level/spread, be sure to find an experienced modder who can look at these stuffs.

Still, a nice map and GL for rank~
Topic Starter
Skyhmer

ZTH wrote:

Hello~ From my queue.

Take these suggestions as a grain of salt, as I am still an inexperienced modder when it comes to difficulty spread.

General

1. Uncheck widescreen support fixed
  2. Your current bg is 1365x768. Change it to 1366x768 to exactly fit the 16:9 ratio. Got off my lazy ass

Muzukashii

1. 00:39:789 (20) - Move this note to 00:40:089. The new 1/1 break gives more emphasis to the finisher and adds some flow. Ill keep it how it is for now. Its true that it removes some emphasis but moving it to your suggested area really sounds weird to me. If it becomes a issue I'd rather just delete the note completely

Futsuu

1. 00:39:639 (93,94,95,96,97,98,99) - You were mainly focusing on drums+piano, but here, you are only focusing on the piano, which suddenly shifts and disrupts the flow. Might want to adjust that. Fixed
  2. 01:39:939 (197) - Nothing wrong here but these 1/1 note will confuse players (I also tripped up), thinking they are hitting the bass drums instead. Personally, I would move this note to 01:40:539 so that it avoids confusion and is more beginner friendly. Good point
  3. Took a glimpse on the kiai. The patterns follow the song very well, but they are a bit too complex for this diff. Each verse has different patterns, spacings, and flow, which can be a bit difficult for futsuu level. Would advise to use less 3/2 spacings and be a little bit more consistent/simple across each verse.

Kantan

1. I am not sure about the usage of 1/2. 1/2 are rarely used on kantan and only if really, really required. Tbh, I don't see any reason to map 1/2 here when there are other emphasized 1/1 to map. but not a single 1/2 is used in this Kantan?
  2. 00:36:639 (55) - move this note to 00:36:939 and change to k. Seems to follow the music better. oh Nice

The don/kat usage is fine. The real problem is each diffs seems to be harder than usual (notice there are no breaks during the early chorus and the kiai for each diffs), and BNs might not accept it. Since I am not an expert when it comes to difficulty level/spread, be sure to find an experienced modder who can look at these stuffs. I doubt there is a need to type out my reasoning completely unless asked. You're points on the difficulties of this map are solid, but i've already thoroughly thought about the difficulty of each difficulty and decided to keep the density and patterns they follow how they are for now. Futsuu in particular has already gotten considerable rework for the sake of the spread.
Of course you're not the first person to bring this up.

Still, a nice map and GL for rank~ thanks!
Thanks for the mod!
Gemu-
Hi! from my queue

d
k
D (Big d)
K (Big k)

• [General]

This Beatmap have BPM 200, so this BPM is high and you have the SV in kantan and Futsuu very high, so the SV in that difficulty must be:

Kantan: 1,20
    Futsuu: 1,20
    Muzukashii: 1,40

You need a Oni in this Beatmap to have a full spread.

• [ Kantan]

HP: 8
    OD: 2
  1. 00:18:039 (18) - Change to d to keep consistency with 00:12:939 (10,11) -
  2. 00:46:839 (76) - Change to d to keep consistency with 00:24:939 (31,32) -
  3. 00:54:639 (92) - Please remove to put a break for the player can be ready for the next notes.
  4. 00:57:639 (98,99) - You have much this rhythm. Maybe change this to d 00:58:539 (100) - to emphasize the finish D 00:58:839 (101) - and change to k 00:57:639 (98) - because here 00:57:639 (98,99) - is starting with a high sound and here 00:58:539 (100,101) - is ending with a low sound.
  5. 02:00:639 (168) - Remove to put a break for the player can be ready for the next notes
  6. 02:19:239 (204,205,206) - If you want can you put finish in these notes to manifest the coming of the finish K 02:20:439 (207) -
  7. 02:24:639 - End the spinner here, is better follow the wipe tone there.
  • [ Futsuu]

HP: 7
    OD: 3
  1. 00:56:139 (142,143) - Ctrl G and change to k those notes 00:56:739 (144,145) - to follow the "Clap" what you are following at this time.
  2. 01:14:139 (165,166) - Change to d those notes to keep a secuency, because you have dd 01:04:539 (155,156) - and next kk 01:09:339 (160,161) - so for that reason you should have a dd here 01:14:139 (165,166) -
  3. 02:19:239 (8,9,10,11,12) - Can you put finish because this is the part final of the song.
  4. 02:24:639 - End the spinner here, is better follow the wipe tone there.
  • [ Muzukashii]

OD: 4
  1. 00:39:039 (15) - Change to k here and here 00:39:489 (18) - to make a great rhythm.
  2. 02:00:339 (178,179,180,181,182,183,184) - This part sounds weird, I suggest you add a d here 02:00:489 -
  3. 02:19:539 (31,32,33,34,35) - Put finishs because this is the part final of the song.
  4. 02:20:289 - You forgot add a finish here, because you have this in Futsuu and in Kantan.
Great Beatmap! I hope my mod has been helpful you, Good luck!
Topic Starter
Skyhmer

game rock wrote:

Hi! from my queue

d
k
D (Big d)
K (Big k)

• [General]

This Beatmap have BPM 200, so this BPM is high and you have the SV in kantan and Futsuu very high, so the SV in that difficulty must be:

Kantan: 1,20
    Futsuu: 1,20
    Muzukashii: 1,40

For some reason I never occured to me that I could go below 1,40 on Futsuu or Kantan

You need a Oni in this Beatmap to have a full spread.

• [ Kantan]

HP: 8
    OD: 2
  1. 00:18:039 (18) - Change to d to keep consistency with 00:12:939 (10,11) - The volume of the piano is higher here.
  2. 00:46:839 (76) - Change to d to keep consistency with 00:24:939 (31,32) - Following the piano
  3. 00:54:639 (92) - Please remove to put a break for the player can be ready for the next notes. ok
  4. 00:57:639 (98,99) - You have much this rhythm. Maybe change this to d 00:58:539 (100) - to emphasize the finish D 00:58:839 (101) - and change to k 00:57:639 (98) - because here 00:57:639 (98,99) - is starting with a high sound and here 00:58:539 (100,101) - is ending with a low sound. Did something similar
  5. 02:00:639 (168) - Remove to put a break for the player can be ready for the next notes ok
  6. 02:19:239 (204,205,206) - If you want can you put finish in these notes to manifest the coming of the finish K 02:20:439 (207) - Ruins the emphasis on the last note imo
  7. 02:24:639 - End the spinner here, is better follow the wipe tone there.
  • [ Futsuu]

HP: 7
    OD: 3
  1. 00:56:139 (142,143) - Ctrl G and change to k those notes 00:56:739 (144,145) - to follow the "Clap" what you are following at this time. Nice catch
  2. 01:14:139 (165,166) - Change to d those notes to keep a secuency, because you have dd 01:04:539 (155,156) - and next kk 01:09:339 (160,161) - so for that reason you should have a dd here 01:14:139 (165,166) - done
  3. 02:19:239 (8,9,10,11,12) - Can you put finish because this is the part final of the song. Ruins the emphasis on the last note
  4. 02:24:639 - End the spinner here, is better follow the wipe tone there.
  • [ Muzukashii]

OD: 4
  1. 00:39:039 (15) - Change to k here and here 00:39:489 (18) - to make a great rhythm. Sounds pretty odd to me
  2. 02:00:339 (178,179,180,181,182,183,184) - This part sounds weird, I suggest you add a d here 02:00:489 - Not really needed, especially since it creates a build up to the second half by having 02:00:339 (178) - alone
  3. 02:19:539 (31,32,33,34,35) - Put finishs because this is the part final of the song. Ruins the emphasis on the last note
  4. 02:20:289 - You forgot add a finish here, because you have this in Futsuu and in Kantan. Fixed
Applied all the settings

Great Beatmap! I hope my mod has been helpful you, Good luck!
Thanks for the mod!
nyanmi-1828
Hi :) From my Queue

General
Kantan=HP:8,OD:2
Futsuu=HP:7,OD3

Muzukashii
00:57:039 - add k
00:57:189 - ^
There is piano sound here.

02:18:639 - add k?
This is suggestion.

Good luck~ :)
Topic Starter
Skyhmer

nyanmi-1828 wrote:

Hi :) From my Queue

General
Kantan=HP:8,OD:2
Futsuu=HP:7,OD3

Muzukashii
00:57:039 - add k
00:57:189 - ^
There is piano sound here.
There is no piano sound. Last not gonna add these because I wanted a slight break before the upcoming chunk of notes and triples

02:18:639 - add k?
This is suggestion. same reason

Good luck~ :)
Didn't use anything, but thanks for the mod!
Skylish
Sorry for super delay due to my busy real life.

Oni is overmapped obviously, let's see how we can reduce the SR and the patterns in a large extent, until the SR reaches ~4.6.

Skylish's Hellvean Oni : http://puu.sh/oErZ8/02b1cefc1b.osu

Skylish's Oni: http://puu.sh/oErZR/d0cd8a6dd4.osu
Topic Starter
Skyhmer

Skylish wrote:

Sorry for super delay due to my busy real life.

Oni is overmapped obviously, let's see how we can reduce the SR and the patterns in a large extent, until the SR reaches ~4.6.

Skylish's Hellvean Oni : http://puu.sh/oErZ8/02b1cefc1b.osu

Skylish's Oni: http://puu.sh/oErZR/d0cd8a6dd4.osu
Now people will stop asking for a oni
Ayyri
Hello~

NM. from Bow Queue

Keep in mind, these are my suggestions, don't change something I mentioned unless it seems good to you! :)

Kantan
00:44:139 (70) - Remove. This isn't an important sound here.

Futsuu
00:48:639 (119) - Change to k. Has the same pitch as 00:48:339 (117) -
00:56:889 (144) - Change to d. Has the same pitch as 00:56:439 (142) -
01:35:289 - Add a k here. Sounds empty when you've been following the piano pretty closely here.
01:39:189 (194) - Change to k. Has the same pitch as 01:39:639 (196) -
01:40:239 (197) - Change to k. Has the same pitch as 01:40:839 (199) - (Minus the fact that it doesn't need a finisher like that note does.)

Muzukashii
There's quite a jump in difficulty between your Muzukashii in Oni. Either make Muzukashii harder, or Oni easier.
00:34:239 (50) - Change to k. Has the same pitch as 00:33:939 (48) -
00:39:489 (18) - Remove. It's good to have a pause before a finisher.
01:40:239 (80) - Change to k. Has the same pitch as 01:39:639 (77) -
02:06:039 (208) - Change to k. Has a different pitch than 02:05:889 (207) -
02:06:339 (209) - Change to d. Has a different pitch than 02:06:039 (208) -
02:06:639 (210) - Change to k. Has the same pitch as 02:06:039 (208) -
Topic Starter
Skyhmer

Ayyri wrote:

Hello~

NM. from Bow Queue

Keep in mind, these are my suggestions, don't change something I mentioned unless it seems good to you! :)

Kantan
00:44:139 (70) - Remove. This isn't an important sound here. Clap/Cymbal whatever it is

Futsuu
00:48:639 (119) - Change to k. Has the same pitch as 00:48:339 (117) - not following the piano
00:56:889 (144) - Change to d. Has the same pitch as 00:56:439 (142) - Done
01:35:289 - Add a k here. Sounds empty when you've been following the piano pretty closely here. I was only doing that for the higher piano
01:39:189 (194) - Change to k. Has the same pitch as 01:39:639 (196) - Following the drum
01:40:239 (197) - Change to k. Has the same pitch as 01:40:839 (199) - (Minus the fact that it doesn't need a finisher like that note does.) Same reason in Muzukashii

Muzukashii
There's quite a jump in difficulty between your Muzukashii in Oni. Either make Muzukashii harder, or Oni easier.
00:34:239 (50) - Change to k. Has the same pitch as 00:33:939 (48) - Not using piano
00:39:489 (18) - Remove. It's good to have a pause before a finisher. Ok
01:40:239 (80) - Change to k. Has the same pitch as 01:39:639 (77) - The kick sound I follow here 78 - 80 are all the same which is what Im trying to follow.
02:06:039 (208) - Change to k. Has a different pitch than 02:05:889 (207) - I'm not follow the pitch of the piano. Only diffs that utilize the piano frequently are Kantan and the Onis (Excluding the middle)
02:06:339 (209) - Change to d. Has a different pitch than 02:06:039 (208) - Cymbal
02:06:639 (210) - Change to k. Has the same pitch as 02:06:039 (208) - still not following the piano
Thanks for the mod.
Skylish
I get judged by those 1/6 spammed at the second part of the Kiai session. I will leave them temporarily and wait for more opinion.

Fixed a bit though: Skylish's Hellvean Oni: http://puu.sh/oLvRe/6b08e46947.txt
Charlotte
Hi from my queues

images/icons/smile/alert.gif[/img] about]
  1. d is don note
  2. k is kat note
  3. D is big don note
  4. K is big kat note
[ General]

• I think This map spread is bad. Futsuu<<<Muzukashii <<< Skylish's Oni.I think Skylish's Oni = Inner Oni.so I suggest Muzukashii is remove some notes & new make Oni.

Kantan HP10→8 OD2→3

Futsuu HP8→7 OD3→4

new Oni HP5→6 OD5.5→5

Skylish's Oni HP5→6
[ Kantan]

• I suggest Kiai Time mapping advice.I think your kiai time rhythm is hard to Kantan player.so I suggest 2/1 + 1/1 pattern & 4/1 break.This pattern is very simple & clearn rhythm.

01:42:039 - 01:52:239 -

01:52:239 - 02:01:839 -

02:01:839 - 02:12:039 -

02:12:039 - 02:20:439 -

How about you think?
sorry Kantan only.Good luck :)
Skylish
I agree that the spread between Oni and Muzukashii is horribly bad because I did overmap it. Oni must be cut a lot in order to have a better and reasonable note spread.

I am going to fix my Oni. Simultaneously, Muzukashii should be around SR~3.4 because I would not make my Oni be too simple.
The compensation is increasing the difficulty of Futsuu which is too easy comparing to Kantan and Muzukashii in terms of SR spread.

That Hellvean Oni is exclusive because Extra level difficulty does not need to be considered in difficulty spread.

Thanks for advice, Charlotte! :)
Topic Starter
Skyhmer

Skylish wrote:

I get judged by those 1/6 spammed at the second part of the Kiai session. I will leave them temporarily and wait for more opinion.

Fixed a bit though: Skylish's Hellvean Oni: http://puu.sh/oLvRe/6b08e46947.txt
Uptaded

Charlotte wrote:

Hi from my queues

images/icons/smile/alert.gif[/img] about]
  1. d is don note
  2. k is kat note
  3. D is big don note
  4. K is big kat note
[ General]

• I think This map spread is bad. Futsuu<<<Muzukashii <<< Skylish's Oni.I think Skylish's Oni = Inner Oni.so I suggest Muzukashii is remove some notes & new make Oni.

Kantan HP10→8 OD2→3

Futsuu HP8→7 OD3→4

new Oni HP5→6 OD5.5→5

Skylish's Oni HP5→6

Didn't apply settings since I not creating a new diff yet
[ Kantan]

• I suggest Kiai Time mapping advice.I think your kiai time rhythm is hard to Kantan player.so I suggest 2/1 + 1/1 pattern & 4/1 break.This pattern is very simple & clearn rhythm.

01:42:039 - 01:52:239 -

01:52:239 - 02:01:839 -

02:01:839 - 02:12:039 -

02:12:039 - 02:20:439 -

How about you think? Did not adjust the Kai area but simplified some of the first half of Kantan
sorry Kantan only.Good luck :)
The idea of creating my own Oni to fill the gap already crossed my mind but we will see what happens first
Thanks for the mod!
Yuzeyun
200 notes HP10 is way too high. Please change to 7-8.
show more