FuZ wrote:

Mahogany wrote:

What even is this gravitational thing
something people talk about to show how smart they are
You know you could have just googled it instead of sounding stupid, right
FuZ

Dulcet wrote:

i know what it is but i don't like pretending giving a shit about things i don't care about
Foxtrot

FuZ wrote:

i know what it is but i don't like pretending giving a shit about things i don't care about
Then don't be a party pooper when you see other people actually caring about it? Common sense, dude. You don't look edgy by defying it.
FuZ
i do whatever i please hipster
Mahogany

Dulcet wrote:

FuZ wrote:

something people talk about to show how smart they are
This is a forum tho so whats wrong with asking about it
Hika
idk man, I don't think I'm a hipster for caring about it >:
Mahogany

Hika wrote:

At this point I feel like a hipster for not knowing about it
Railey2

FuZ wrote:

i do whatever i please hipster
Don't make such a big Fuz about not caring, or people won't be able to see you over all that not caring. All you accomplish is coming off as a little Fuztrated.
Hika
it's understandable, however, some people probably take it seriously and it's just best to leave it at that.

mmmm something interesting to add, I just filed my tax return and I feel my body aging just waiting for my money
Foxtrot

Hika wrote:

For caring about Einstein's theory being proven right? Nah, you ain't a bitch for caring. Physics is not my main thing but I do understand how important it is.

Mahogany wrote:

This is a forum tho so whats wrong with asking about it
Sorry for including you there, buddy. I really didn't mean to. If you don't understand something, use Google.

http://www.phdcomics.com/comics.php?f=1853

This comic briefly explains it.
Hika
It opens a door for more exploration and research. I hope people take this a little more seriously now.
idk man I also like it cause I won't be stuck on the same shit when I'm working in the field lol
Mahogany

Dulcet wrote:

If you don't understand something, use Google.
I just never saw what's wrong with asking the people talking about it on the forums since they already have access to neat little sources like that comic of yours.

That said, after reading the comic this whole thing confuses me a little

Now the only thought I have is of that simpsons episode where homer went through that wall into the void place and then fell into the real world

thx for explanation anyway though
Railey2
here I was, trying to deFuze the situation with puns, and all of you reFuze to acknowledge my efforts

:(
Mahogany
Goddamn it Railey you're killing me inside here from half-laughing half-cringing too hard
Railey2
I'm conFuzed, which of the two is it now?
FuZ
u seem a bit triggered
Railey2

FuZ wrote:

u seem a bit triggered
Triggered? Surely you mean fuze'd
EneT
Stfu you German cunt.
Railey2
are you not ENETAINED
Aomi
The cringe is hard with this one
Railey2
I can't make a pun with your name, Aomi, so sorry. I know you only came here for that, but I'll have to send you away
Aomi

Railey2 wrote:

I can't make a pun with your name, Aomi, so sorry. I know you only came here for that, but I'll have to send you away
nah i didnt dw i just came to tell you how cringe worthy your puns are dont mind me
Railey2
There is a certain appeal in making puns that are purposefully bad, and then continuing to make them in said fashion. Its a recurring theme, if you want. The point is not to laugh about their ingenuity (since they really are anything but clever), but to laugh about their bluntness. It's a great way to make fun of people that take themselves too seriously, since it jeopardizes their genuine efforts of coming across in a very calculated way. I attempted to undermine Fuz'es edginess by making fun of it in the most simpleminded way possible. Trying to ridicule him by contrasting his calculated edginess with the most plain comeback ever: Making fun of his name (with shitty puns). It is a way of showing that I did not take his play seriously on any level.

Personally, I like to come across as an intellectual, but if you read my history you'll notice very fast that I often times don't really care about that either. Many people take themselves too seriously, Fuz included. Did you see how hard he did not care? I could hardly believe how hard he did not care back then.

And you too, Aomi. Do you want to tell me again how cringe worthy my puns are. You repeat that line so often, I started to think its your personal Axiomi.
EneT
Stfu you German Schnitzel.
Railey2
please use your 1000th post to make a thread about how much you like me Enet, make me proud
EneT
Stfu you German Schwul.
Railey2
;(
Kanye West
meh. not impressed. gravitational waves were already a well-established aspect of general relativity. it was only a matter of time until technology caught up to a point at which detectors became feasible.

plus newtonian gravitation is sufficient for the layman sooooooo yeah 4/10.

the only thing that really stands out to me is that einstein theorized this in the 1910's. there may never be anyone in the history of mankind that can document the nature of phenomena one century before its discovery
silmarilen
The only thing that was established was that they had to exist, we couldn't actually do anything with that knowledge. Now that they have been detected we can use them to research new things that hadn't been researched before because we just hadn't seen them happen. Like merging black holes.

It's like saying that finding an earth-like planet in the habitable zone of a different star is no big deal because we already know they exist anyway.
Rilene
Can gravitional wave from space cause earthquakes in Earth?
I saw that in internet and I don't know is that true or false.
silmarilen
No, the effect is so small that you would never be able to notice them, let alone have earthquakes because of them.
EneT

Rilene wrote:

Where'd you hear that from? That's like the stupidest shit I've ever heard.
Rilene

EneT wrote:

Rilene wrote:

Here, I'm just asking because of my curiosity.

silmarilen wrote:

No, the effect is so small that you would never be able to notice them, let alone have earthquakes because of them.
Oh.. Thanks for clearing my curiosity.
Hika

EneT wrote:

It's a valid question darling, play nice.
Kanye West

silmarilen wrote:

It's like saying that finding an earth-like planet in the habitable zone of a different star is no big deal because we already know they exist anyway.
yep that's exactly what i'm saying
FuZ

Railey2 wrote:

I like to come across as an intellectual

Railey2 wrote:

Many people take themselves too seriously
dude
Aurani
Railey mate, don't take things so seriously. You're talking mostly to morons here, so coming across as an intellectual among mindless shits is not what I'd call a valid goal. :p
B1rd
You come across as a pseudo-intellectual.
Yuudachi-kun
So do you, cunt.
show more