forum

[Archived] Error during upload

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DakeDekaane
So I was trying to upload a new mapset, and the upload was almost finished (~75%), when it went back to 0%, and then it happened for a third time before sending an "Error during upload" message. Tried with another new upload and it was a success, so I think there's something in this first mapset I'm trying to upload that I can't figure what it is.

It also created a beatmap page: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/826488, but thread isn't available.
osz file here: here

Thanks for reading.

osu! version: 20151113.3 (latest)
Dntm8kmeeatu
A couple people have been reporting this issue recently. Normally it is a server-side issue, and there is nothing you can do.

I suggest waiting it out, And trying later.
Topic Starter
DakeDekaane
There were countless tries since then. One thing I noticed is that the that it's supposed to be created in the SubmissionCache folder is missing. So I figured a way to get it.

My "fix" was the next steps (you'll need a second computer):
  1. Export your map (File -> Export Package).
  2. Import the beatmap in the second computer.
  3. Upload the beatmap from that computer. If successful, you can continue; if it fails, this won't help you.
  4. Once the beatmap has been uploaded, go to the Data\SubmissionCache folder in the osu! directory (it's hidden, you may need to change your File Explorer settings to make it visible).
  5. Copy the file with the number corresponding to your beatmap (it's the one after the osu.ppy.sh/s/ you can see in the beatmap page), and paste it in the same folder in the first computer.
  6. Update your map from the first computer.
  7. Be happy.