forum

The Mafia Tree - Game Over

posted
Total Posts
show more
Drezi

pieguy1372 wrote:

he had 2 votes, at least one of whom was you who had been pushing it for a while iirc, and iirc a shitton of negative sentiment/people agreeing that he hadn't done anything even if they weren't explicitly voting him (correct me if I'm wrong on this), when in reality he just didn't have any RL time to do anything. you don't see why someone would get pissed off at that?
There was no agreement from others at all, I haven't been "pushing it for a while", it was like 2 posts alltogether and
1) He had been around and had the time to make a joke post, but did not comment on anything relevant, and it's what his scumgame was like.
2) The game was a bore nothing happened, and my rant didn't really convince mel, so I just kept pushing it blatantly so that there's a sharper "take sides" opporunity in the game, and something to talk about.
Drezi

pieguy1372 wrote:

what pushes have you made outside of the Magic Bomb/Ace pushes?
Are you seriously suggesting that I'm in need of more content in this game?
pieguyn
i'm thinking i should probably go back and read it again; i thought there was a lot of negative sentiment towards him in general.

Drezi wrote:

Are you seriously suggesting that I'm in need of more content in this game?
i tend to read people in terms of the pushes they're actually making rather than how much content it looks like they have - it is fairly easy to fake just commenting on posts. see: my Navizel read because he's not actually pushing anyone at all.
Drezi
Most people sit at 0 or 1 in that regard aswell so I don't really see what you're getting at.

p/4432811 here he says Setsuen is town, in the following post Setsuen suggests MB as scum, in the next post MB changes his read saying:

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

This comment alone makes me just think you're [Setsuen] scum who's trying to pin blame on me if you get lynched, as you've essentially just said "Don't focus on the person you're reading as scum".
sLaiNi

Drezi wrote:

The only part you're right about is me not always posting my indepth thoughts/analyses regarding stuff, and since I can afford not to it's fine, because I can get better reads by seeing the uninfluenced interpretations of others of said exchanges, just like in your case now.
In your last games you were completely different though, you pointed out every detail of your thoughts right away, even if it was against the main oppinion. So why did you change your way of playing to passively analyzing stuff instead of your usual active scumhunt?
Drezi
I did not do that, maybe you just never realized.
sLaiNi

Drezi wrote:

Imo you always were one of the most active towns and now your ISO is full of one liners, and half of it being you just trying to take part in the setsuen/MB conversation and that part even felt like just adding something to appear active. That's my feel to this.
pieguyn

Drezi wrote:

Most people sit at 0 or 1 in that regard aswell so I don't really see what you're getting at.

p/4432811 here he says Setsuen is town, in the following post Setsuen suggests MB as scum, in the next post MB changes his read saying:

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

This comment alone makes me just think you're [Setsuen] scum who's trying to pin blame on me if you get lynched, as you've essentially just said "Don't focus on the person you're reading as scum".
I don't think this is anywhere near as binary as you're saying it is. he was previously town reading Setsuen, Setsuen does something suspicious, which makes the read drop from town to null. shortly after, we get this, which is where he said he was null reading Setsuen to begin with:

p/4433096

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

For the record, most of my reads are null because a lot of people have barely said anything, but I do have a few null-town, null-scum, and one scum read.
after that we got these 2 posts:

Setsuen wrote:

Stop trying to twist my word scum. I had a better scum read on Haneii than you and I was questioning why Drezi wasn't even focusing on Haneii when he had much more scum points. That and the fact that we can just lynch Ace and if he flips scum YOU'RE ALMOST 100% certain to be scum. by means of association.

Did you see me dropping my focus on Haneii entirely AFTER he asked me to give him my scum reads? no. but 10/01 nice try scum.

Also
> scum who's trying to pin blame on me if you get lynched

I hope you know Miler only show up guilty on cop report. I still flip town if I die. Also anyone who played long enough should know that "pinning blame on others"while being lynched as scum means literally almost NOTHING unless I'm town. So nice possible slip you scum.

Also >Still trying to say lynch to me on D1 after my past games 10/10.

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

..."Stop trying to twist my word" *twists words* 10/10 logic there
it wasn't until a few posts after that where Setsuen was supposedly "constantly twisting his words around" that he started hard scum reading him. it's exactly as he said in the game thread: individually saying something is scummy doesn't mean you're scum reading them, it just means you think they're more likely town but could acknowledge some things they did might make more sense coming from scum.

I think the progression here is fairly obvious if you read it from the top, and you acting like his read has to be a binary "town read" or "scum read" is a large part of where my issue here lies. do you disagree?
Drezi

sLaiNi wrote:

Drezi wrote:

Imo you always were one of the most active towns and now your ISO is full of one liners, and half of it being you just trying to take part in the setsuen/MB conversation and that part even felt like just adding something to appear active. That's my feel to this.
What the actual fuck???!
Drezi
To me the progression looks unnatural and the explanations retconned, yes.
Drezi
And that doesn't require/suggest me reducing his read states to binary "100% scum/100% town" as you're making it out to be.
sLaiNi

Drezi wrote:

sLaiNi wrote:

What the actual fuck???!

Drezi wrote:

??????
Drezi
My ISO is full of one liners TRYING TO TAKE PART in the setsuen/MB conversation, ADDING SOMETHING TO APPEAR ACTIVE? Are you serious? What the hell. Really. I have no words. Are we playing the same game.
rEdo
Also requesting a replacement. Extend the deadline by 24 hours, too.

My job is way too time absorbing that I can't even find time to read this anymore.
Topic Starter
Sakura

rEdo wrote:

Also requesting a replacement. Extend the deadline by 24 hours, too.
Searching for a replacement for rEdo, deadline will only be extended at the request of a replacement, if one cannot be found by deadline i'll freeze the deadline, slot will be modkilled.

Explanation
This is the third slot i've had to replace this game, this already leaves 2 potential replacees unable to replace in, which severely limits the chances of even getting a replacement, and i don't want D1 to last forever, if people lynch someone before deadline hits then the modkill will only happen after the night phase IF i can't find a replacement by then, if the modkill happens at deadline 2 things can happen: If the slot is town, day will immediately end, If the slot is scum an additional 48 hour deadline extension will be granted and votes will be reset, this is no one's fault, and I don't really like punishing slots that actually requested replacement instead of being prodded out, but i think this is the best for the game health at this point, it wasn't an easy decission, but i'm not confident that i'll even find a replacement. This is open for contesting, but please do so via PM, and I reserve the right to the final word if i disagree.
sLaiNi

Drezi wrote:

My ISO is full of one liners TRYING TO TAKE PART in the setsuen/MB conversation, ADDING SOMETHING TO APPEAR ACTIVE? Are you serious? What the hell. Really. I have no words. Are we playing the same game.
I guess we are. But thanks for repeating what I've already said. So you don't want to say anything else about that?
Drezi
Yeah, I am sorry sLaiNi I'm just desperately trying to take part in this game, and trying to appear active, but I guess it doesn't cut it by the high standards you're setting yourself. I'll try to step it up, don't vote me please.
sLaiNi

Drezi wrote:

Yeah, I am sorry sLaiNi I'm just desperately trying to take part in this game, and trying to appear active, but I guess it doesn't cut it by the high standards you're setting yourself. I'll try to step it up, don't vote me please.
Thanks for that. I can understand that you are afraid of me right now, but don't worry young fellow, the scum will be found.
Drezi
how about you post something about the past 10 pages, other than me trying to appear active?
Drezi
I'm sorry your last post was on page 16, so make it the past 18 pages. I'm giving you some nice towncred for not trying to appear active though, that's what this game needs.
Topic Starter
Sakura
Raging Bull replaces rEdo, effective immediately.
Deadline extended by 24 hours

Vote Count 1.22

Frostings (4) - sLaiNi, Amianki, - Magic Bomb - [L-3]
- Magic Bomb - (2) - Frostings, Drezi
sLaiNi (1) - Navizel
Raging Bull (1) - -[Jess]-
Setsuen (1) - Haneii
Haneii (1) - Setsuen
Navizel (1) - pieguy1372

Not Voting (3) - Raging Bull, Ace Timing, Zexion

With 13 Alive it takes 7 to lynch
sLaiNi
Unvote: Frostings

I will go threw things tomorrow
Ace Timing

Drezi wrote:

Ace you forgot to answer this

Drezi wrote:

also can you tell me what was the reason for confirming with "ayy lmao"?
Haven't finished catching up, but I thought this should be answered.

Seriously. farto responded with a picture of Confucius. the confirm post has nothing to do with my alignment, and I've used ayy lmao so many times, even on other websites. Really. I don't see what ayy lmao has anything to do with anything. There was even a confirm that was mirrored text. literally means nothing.
Ace Timing
rip video embed.
Ace Timing

sLaiNi wrote:

Drezi wrote:

Thanks for that. I can understand that you are afraid of me right now, but don't worry young fellow, the scum will be found.
>afraid
what person, regardless of scum or no, would be afraid of the guy who gets mislynched in nearly every game he appears in? Just sayin'.
pieguyn
of course as soon as I show up the game halts. -.-
sLaiNi

Ace Timing wrote:

sLaiNi wrote:

>afraid
what person, regardless of scum or no, would be afraid of the guy who gets mislynched in nearly every game he appears in? Just sayin'.
I thought it was clear that I meant it in an ironically way. Btw I got lynched once out of two games lawl (even though Drezi saved me the second time, thanks for your good play there again @ him)
Drezi
pie you can try reading Magic Bomb's scum game here t/350620&start=0 in the meantime.
MBomb
To be honest I would refer to my scum game on hoenn, there's a lot more about my scum playstyle there, seeing as I didn't get lynched D1
Drezi
well I linked GIM because of the way of the way you shifted your reads there, what've seen this game was reminiscent of that.
MBomb

Drezi wrote:

well I linked GIM because of the way of the way you shifted your reads there, what've seen this game was reminiscent of that.
Ah right yeah, that makes more sense, actually.
MBomb
Also just wondering, why did you actually put so much emphasis and questioning into Ace's confirm? As he said, it means literally nothing.
Drezi
most people just confirmed, and the "ayy confirm lmao" didn't really feel like it was directed at the picture above, more like "ayy I'm scum again (possibly with one or more scum member being the same?) confirm lmao". Sure I'm not gonna go crazy with this, but I was curious about his response anyway.
Ace Timing
it's just a meme man...
Topic Starter
Sakura
Vote Count 1.23

Frostings (2) - Amianki, - Magic Bomb -
- Magic Bomb - (2) - Frostings, Drezi
sLaiNi (1) - Navizel
Raging Bull (1) - -[Jess]-
Setsuen (1) - Haneii
Haneii (1) - Setsuen
Navizel (1) - pieguy1372

Not Voting (4) - Raging Bull, Ace Timing, Zexion, sLaiNi

With 13 Alive it takes 7 to lynch
Drezi
so? people choose to say stuff and pick certain words for one reason or an other
Ace Timing
sigh
Drezi
stop sighing, why are you so concerned with me having gotten this impression if it's simply wrong? I'm not even making a big deal out of it, you asked, I answered...
Raging Bull
Have work. Might post intermittently. Anything that happen so far would be nice.
MBomb

Raging Bull wrote:

Have work. Might post intermittently. Anything that happen so far would be nice.
I know it's a pain but best thing to do is read over yourself, someone else explaining would involve their personal opinions most likely.
show more