forum

The Mafia Tree - Game Over

posted
Total Posts
show more
Amianki
I guess the joke would've worked better if I actually got the role right.

Move along, nothing to see here.
Frostings
uh
afk'd for a few hours and came back to like 10 pages of posts. Most of it is just useless back-and-forth too :o

Ace Timing wrote:

So is everyone in this game some sort of PR? There's not only Slaini as DV, but Setsuen as Miller and MB as Bus Driver.
ugh, that townslip

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

Oh also I'm trying to say bussing a lot, you'll understand why at some point.
... -facepalm-
10/10 crumbing

Really think telling us your role was gonna help you from getting lynched?
Frostings

Ace Timing wrote:

Whatever, we'll just worry about that tomorrow. What lynch are you guys thinking of; there's only 48 hours left. The more suspicious ones aren't here.
Well, if they're more suspicious, and they literally aren't posting, then why aren't you already voting for them?
Frostings
Also I really like how MB is so sure that I'm scum :oops:
The reason apparently is from only one post of mine (where I vote him) :roll:
Zexion
What's going on

Since when people claim D1 without a proper strategy

You're basically giving mafia knowledge of all the powers we had agaist them if you were town and we didn't even get to use them

why
Ace Timing
What was the Frostings case again, if anyone would be so kind as to summarize it, I don't see anything that frostings did that was scummy.
Navizel

Zexion wrote:

What's going on

Since when people claim D1 without a proper strategy

You're basically giving mafia knowledge of all the powers we had agaist them if you were town and we didn't even get to use them

why
this tbh

might as well claim Deathproof JOAT Alien Neighbor with someone who isn't in the game amirite guys
Zexion
Unvote

I am seriously pissed off with both Ace and MB for claiming like that. You were not even on L-1 or a situation where you had to.

@Navi: You're not in position to accuse of "irrelevant filler posts" >_>

Setsuen wrote:

Also >Still trying to say lynch to me on D1 after my past games 10/10
"We Need a Fifth" :^)

Setsuen wrote:

No sane town is going to vig me. The amount of WIFOM I GIVE to SCUM is helping town more than it hurts them.
Is this serious? The WIFOM you're giving us, the town is hurting a lot more than you think. Now we have to worry about a possible scum claiming D1 and even if we reach LyLo and also you being town, we insta-lose. (As you said before, if you reach LyLo alive we lynch you and it's done) So please refrain for stating your opinions as a fact, they're not.

Setsuen wrote:

I see Zexion browsing on this forum. I expect response or we policy lynch him for purposely lurking esp with the HUGE discussion we're having right now.
Because I was on my freaking phone and I wouldn't post like that? I will decide when it's time for me to contribute and participate in the discussion, not when you demand me. Please also desist from this attitude, people do not have to play the way you want to so you can say they're "town".

Actually after this point I could not bring myself to read more walls.

@Setsuen: is your only reason to vote Haneii the fact that he "avoided a 1vs1 with you" as you said before?

Ace Timing wrote:

Setsuen wrote:

GREAT! Summarise ALL my walls for me if you can Navizel.

Mafiascum wiki wrote:

One of the more obscure WIFOMproducts®, the WIFOMnuke™ is also our only product officially licensed for use in the UMSC (United Mafia Scum Corps). Not available to the public sector, WIFOMnuke™ is capable of delivering a highly concentrated blast of nuclear-charged WIFOMparticles™ into the area directly surrounding your target. The real-time effects on target areas which have received a direct hit from a WIFOMnuke™ have been thoroughly studied countless times, and each time, the utter destruction wreaked by the sheer amount of concentrated WIFOMparticles™ has been determined to be disastrous. Due to public outcry, this weapon has been classified as a level 4 WMD by the Psychological Operations sector, and as such, the manufacture and sale of each particular warhead must be processed through strict regulations and multiple levels of procedural protocol.
YES. THANK YOU.

==================

My problems right now are again the lack of content from rEdo, pie, Slaini and Haneii who dissapeared after a while. Then again I think it's not the time for a lurker lynch...

I'll second ace and ask for the reasons why ppl are voting Frostings.
Zexion
Funfact: in the middle of writing that last post I mispressed backspace at a bad time, went back a page and lost all I had written. :(
Navizel
Amianki
The annoying thing is, I'm pretty sure Setsuen is town this game. It's easier to tell for sure once a few game days have passed.
Topic Starter
Sakura
Vote Count 1.20

Frostings (4) - sLaiNi, Amianki, - Magic Bomb - [L-3]
- Magic Bomb - (2) - Frostings, Drezi
sLaiNi (2) - pieguy1372, Navizel
rEdo (1) - fartownik
Setsuen (1) - Haneii
Haneii (1) - Setsuen

Not Voting (3) - rEdo, Ace Timing, Zexion

With 13 Alive it takes 7 to lynch
MBomb
ok let's do this at 5am when I'm tired af because this is obviously the best time to do it.

Frostings wrote:

man, the content in this game sucks
town better step it up so we can start pressuring real lurkers and stop them from getting a free pass D1
The vote count is also trash, scum intentionally has the votes spread out so we don't pressure anyone
I know I'm gonna sound like Setsuen here, but this really doesn't help town any way, it just seems like you wanting to appear to be being helpful when really you're just pointing out obvious stuff that everyone knows. Also the fact that stuff had been going on here before the post (The beginning of me and setsuen talking, as well as a brief moment talking with Zexion, and with Ace Timing, and even Drezi responding to you) but instead of reacting to any of that, you say this.

Frostings wrote:

everyone take out your weak post-RVS votes and form a real wagon so we can actually move this game forward
I actually have a real reason for my vote on MB because EVERYONE townread him since the start of Day1 in the last game, and he got a free pass to endgame because he wasn't pressured ONCE
Best reason for voting I've ever seen. Whether it was me or not, I would still be like wtf at this vote reason. Also at this stage most people already had taken their RVS votes off, and those who hadn't also hadn't done a proper post in ages, so I don't think this is the only thing you should request them to do.

Frostings wrote:

Anyways, everyone hop on my wagon against easy scumread MB
I have free cookies 8-)
Again, idc if it's me, the wording of "easy scumread" is just so suspicious I can't even comment on it. Especially seeing as at this point, I hadn't really said anything that people were even suspicious for me about, the fact that he claims I was an easy scumread seems so off to me.
MBomb
Honestly, in my mind, I thought I had more stuff about Frostings, but looking through his ISO, he's only actually had 23 posts, there's not much to judge him on.
MBomb

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

ok let's do this at 5am when I'm tired af because this is obviously the best time to do it.

Frostings wrote:

man, the content in this game sucks
town better step it up so we can start pressuring real lurkers and stop them from getting a free pass D1
The vote count is also trash, scum intentionally has the votes spread out so we don't pressure anyone
I know I'm gonna sound like Setsuen here, but this really doesn't help town any way, it just seems like you wanting to appear to be being helpful when really you're just pointing out obvious stuff that everyone knows. Also the fact that stuff had been going on here before the post (The beginning of me and setsuen talking, as well as a brief moment talking with Zexion, and with Ace Timing, and even Drezi responding to you) but instead of reacting to any of that, you say this.
I missed the fact that after this, you don't try to bring out lurkers in any of your other posts (As did no one, to be honest, other than Setsuen, someone should have probably tried to get them earlier. As he said, if the lurkers are scum, they must be laughing at us right now).
MBomb

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

could we just have a list of the most suspicious to least? Then we can just ask if we want to know the reasonings for your suspicions on a specific person.
Also Setsuen, I asked for this before, but could I request this please?

Oh, by the way, I want you to include reasons, but preferably summarised ones. Then we can ask if we want more details about any read.
Frostings

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

I know I'm gonna sound like Setsuen here, but this really doesn't help town any way, it just seems like you wanting to appear to be being helpful when really you're just pointing out obvious stuff that everyone knows.
Apparently people DON'T know this, because literally every game I play here, no one bothers putting any pressure on Day1 and we always end up mislynching someone's terribad scumread or from a 1v1.
Look where we're at now too, DL is less than two days which isn't a lot of time. Though now the activity went up since the beginning of the day :roll:

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

Best reason for voting I've ever seen. Whether it was me or not, I would still be like wtf at this vote reason. Also at this stage most people already had taken their RVS votes off, and those who hadn't also hadn't done a proper post in ages, so I don't think this is the only thing you should request them to do.
Man, it's like you've never heard of pressure before. You know how town actually win games? Not just through PR, but by voting on null reads and fishing for reactions. I seem to have gotten quite a reaction from you :roll:

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

Again, idc if it's me, the wording of "easy scumread" is just so suspicious I can't even comment on it. Especially seeing as at this point, I hadn't really said anything that people were even suspicious for me about, the fact that he claims I was an easy scumread seems so off to me.
This reasoning has no weight to it. Speak for yourself, you're absolutely convinced I'm scum, and you're actually 100% serious about it
Frostings
how do people even quote anything in these forums
Frostings

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

Honestly, in my mind, I thought I had more stuff about Frostings, but looking through his ISO, he's only actually had 23 posts, there's not much to judge him on.
going back on your words now that the heat's on you? :)

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

I missed the fact that after this, you don't try to bring out lurkers in any of your other posts (As did no one, to be honest, other than Setsuen, someone should have probably tried to get them earlier. As he said, if the lurkers are scum, they must be laughing at us right now).
It's a reminder to everyone to start posting. If they continue to lurk, we just lynch them day2 for free scumflips. No need to worry about that. Nice change of subject though, by the way
pieguyn
I'm catching up now. I'm like halfway through this and I see a bunch of people asking me about my original vote on sLaiNi. it was entirely because of this:

sLaiNi wrote:

Forgot to say: Yeah, finally start :D
it read overly self-conscious. that was literally the entire reason behind it.

it's obviously a weak as hell reason to vote someone at this point in the game (I don't think sLaiNi is scum anymore btw), but it was like the second page of the game so there it was.

I'm probably just gonna post a bunch of thoughts after I'm current again.
Topic Starter
Sakura
-[Jess]- replaces fartownik, effective immediately

Vote Count 1.21

Frostings (4) - sLaiNi, Amianki, - Magic Bomb - [L-3]
- Magic Bomb - (2) - Frostings, Drezi
sLaiNi (2) - pieguy1372, Navizel
rEdo (1) - -[Jess]-
Setsuen (1) - Haneii
Haneii (1) - Setsuen

Not Voting (3) - rEdo, Ace Timing, Zexion

With 13 Alive it takes 7 to lynch
MBomb

Frostings wrote:

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

going back on your words now that the heat's on you? :)
Actually, I still think you're the best lynch, it's just there's less than I thought there was.
pieguyn
Town:

Setsuen: don't ask me to explain this in depth bc I've basically skimmed all of his posts, but I think there's a conviction in his reads that reads town (one thing OTOH I can think of was him pushing Haneii for "trying to avoid the hard 1v1 with me" - it's incredibly dumb, but if I squint I can kinda sorta see why someone would think it makes sense). I don't actually think anything he did came off as forced or like scum just BS'ing reads to appear like they're doing shit, either. most of what I *did* see in his posts falls into a similar vein in that it's entirely wrong, but I could see why he'd believe it. I think the miller claim also points to him being town here.

Ace: I'm reading his giant rant from earlier as really town. the reasons he was being wagoned, from what I remember, were fairly bad and/or playstyle related and I can see why he'd break down and get pissed off over it.

Haneii: this read is based on her early game posts; I liked that she put a considerable amount of legwork into looking at the Nightingale setup and trying to relate it to here (see her post about the D4 doublevoter in that game) in that it's not something I'd expect scum to give much of a shit about whereas I *can* see it coming from town who thinks setup breaking would be a good way to move the game away from RVS.

rEdo: I don't think this looks similar to his scum game - in 100% OJ 2, I remember a lot of his posts making a lot of neutral observations in order to appear like he was doing something when he really wasn't, here his posts come off a lot more direct and pointed tonally. as a specific point, I liked the last sentence of his most recent post where he attempts to argue against all the people being suspicious of Ace's rant.

Maybe Town:

sLaiNi: I liked his attitude early game where he essentially said "fuck it, I get scum read for posting a lot but I'll do it anyway bc it's more fun to actually play the game". after that, I liked him calling out Frostings in response to the "forced double vote slip" (he is correct to say that there really wasn't any benefit to doing it as scum).

Null:

Magic Bomb: a lot of mixed feelings here. I'm really fond of his recent posts, namely the recent analysis re: Frostings, but I'm not sure if any of it is really unfakeable. Drezi's point about Bus Driver probably not being a town role in a Sakura game is also something I want to look into at some point.

Ank

Zexion

Frostings

fandwerik

Scum (W->S):

Drezi: I'm seeing a lot of nitpicking on semantics and logical issues without much attempt to analyze motivation. I didn't like that when Ace had that giant rant earlier he handwave dismissed it as an "overreaction" without actually making any attempt to factor it into his read. it read like he thought "ATE = scummy" would be a good angle to push without actually analyzing the post objectively, so there it was. I didn't like the push on Magic Bomb for a few reasons. claiming someone is "probably town", but "suspicious" isn't actually a contradiction or something that is in any way scummy, and him focusing on it felt like he was stretching to find a "contradiction" to comment on in order to look like was doing something; and I didn't like the later push based around his Setsuen read for a similar reason, all it's indicative of is that his read changed (as opposed to him making up a read for ... some reason). nowhere in either of these pushes does he consider *why* scum vs. town would do the things he's calling either of them out for, which is what makes it feel disingenuous to me.

Navizel: there is very little Navizel has done this game that I've actually liked. there's a lot of surface observations, but it feels more like he's just commenting on stuff out of convenience and there's no internal consistency anywhere. I don't *actually* know where his current reads on the game stand.
pieguyn
vote: Navizel

I want to start here for the time being. in the meantime, I'd like if someone could attempt to sell me on one of the leading wagons.
Setsuen

Zexion wrote:

"We Need a Fifth" :^)
That game had only 4players noob.

Zexion wrote:

Is this serious? The WIFOM you're giving us, the town is hurting a lot more than you think. Now we have to worry about a possible scum claiming D1 and even if we reach LyLo and also you being town, we insta-lose. (As you said before, if you reach LyLo alive we lynch you and it's done) So please refrain for stating your opinions as a fact, they're not.
bc clearly you're very sure town will mislynch very fast onto lylo and that no PR can ever clear me.

Zexion wrote:

@Setsuen: is your only reason to vote Haneii the fact that he "avoided a 1vs1 with you" as you said before?
Other than totally disengaging from my 1v1, he also 1.Tried to direct my attentions to others(Oh look that is what scum CB did in Lupus), 2.Literally started lurking once he did(oh wait Nav did this before,shocking) and of course 3.he tunneled hard on me before all this(just like what scum CB and Nav did in Lupus) and 4.Once he did disengage his post towards me started being more ""neutral"(which was what Sephibro pulled off and what CB tried to do but failed in the end in Lupus)

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

could we just have a list of the most suspicious to least? Then we can just ask if we want to know the reasonings for your suspicions on a specific person.
Also Setsuen, I asked for this before, but could I request this please?

Oh, by the way, I want you to include reasons, but preferably summarised ones. Then we can ask if we want more details about any read.
Haneii>Ace>Drezi>MB>Jess>rEdo>pieguy>Frosting>slani>Navizel>Amianki>Zexion

Haneii and Ace are obvious
Drezi is just getting way too suspicious bc she is literally purposely avoiding any interaction with Haneii.
I already stated a whole chain why you can be scum be association if Ace flips scum.
Jess,Pie,rEdo not enough post thanks lurkers.
Frosting post as I stated in a WAYY earlier post generally lean town except for some USELESS sentences.
slani gave off a newb town vibe after he got MINOR pressurized
Navizel is probably noob town trolling like what I did in that horrible game where half the players were lurking(and obv I lost bc thanks town for deciding to ML)
Amianki might have very little post but I know CB well enough to give him a huge town read until he messes up anyway.
Zexion is the best town read I have atm bc he is actually trying to do something ABOUT THE LURKERS, that and he probably isn't afraid to 1v1 me as town so meh.

pieguy1372 wrote:

vote: Navizel

I want to start here for the time being. in the meantime, I'd like if someone could attempt to sell me on one of the leading wagons.
I am just going to say read my above reads on Navizel and blame the lurkers and tbh Drezi isn't the kind of person to troll so it really is weird why she is avoiding the topic whenever I mention Haneii to her.
Drezi

pieguy1372 wrote:

Drezi: nowhere in either of these pushes does he consider *why* scum vs. town would do the things he's calling either of them out for, which is what makes it feel disingenuous to me.

pieguy1372 wrote:

Scum (W->S): Navizel: commenting on stuff out of convenience and there's no internal consistency anywhere.
So your main scumread Navizel is based on having no internal consisteny and my MB push is disingenious with almost indentical reasons..

Should ever MB flip scum you're jumping to the top of my scumlist..
Drezi

pieguy1372 wrote:

Ace: I'm reading his giant rant from earlier as really town. the reasons he was being wagoned, from what I remember, were fairly bad and/or playstyle related and I can see why he'd break down and get pissed off over it.
He had two votes early D1, and he breaks down, yeah how could anyone possible bear that kind extended pressure.
Drezi
Also is this some kind of MafiaScum trend to throw around phrases like "nitpicking on semantics" just for the sake of doing so? If someone isn't making sense I'll get to the end of it to see why it happened and what he actually wanted.

In case of Magic Bomb it's still a mystery... which gives me the impression that it he just posted random thoughts attempting to appear busy, and not a course of acton he legitimately thought would be best for town to follow.
Drezi

pieguy1372 wrote:

claiming someone is "probably town", but "suspicious" isn't actually a contradiction or something that is in any way scummy, and him focusing on it felt like he was stretching to find a "contradiction" to comment on in order to look like was doing something
Except it's not what happened. First of all I had no need for "looking like I was doing something" in the first place, and he did not say "probably town", he said "I'm pretty sure he's town" which is a lot stronger, and following it with saying that the CONSTANT behavior of the person in question is kinda suspicious is off, because if you're ambivalent about someone, you don't say that you're "PRETTY SURE" they're town.

Follow that up with your read changing to "YOU'RE OBVIOUS SCUM" after a single post (oh guess what right after Setsuen mentioned him being scum...) and for a reason that makes zero sense, and then proceed to backpedal and vote someone else later, then yeah you'll earn my vote.

The only part you're right about is me not always posting my indepth thoughts/analyses regarding stuff, and since I can afford not to it's fine, because I can get better reads by seeing the uninfluenced interpretations of others of said exchanges, just like in your case now.
Drezi
Ace you forgot to answer this

Drezi wrote:

Ace Timing wrote:

ayy confirm lmao
also can you tell me what was the reason for confirming with "ayy lmao"?
-[Jess]-
Hi
Setsuen

Drezi wrote:

Ace you forgot to answer this
Drezi you forgot to respond to this.

Setsuen wrote:

Drezi is just getting way too suspicious bc she is literally purposely avoiding any interaction with Haneii.

-[Jess]- wrote:

Hi
Scum point for not saying that you are going to read through the entire 32page to get reads.
-[Jess]-

Setsuen wrote:

-[Jess]- wrote:

Hi
Scum point for not saying that you are going to read through the entire 32page to get reads.
I am too tired now.
Drezi
Lol actually I haven't read your last post Setsuen, kinda forgot after the flurry of replies to pie, and I already told you I don't have a strong opinion on Haneii, btw Haneii is a she (and I'm a he, which I already told you)
pieguyn

Drezi wrote:

Except it's not what happened. First of all I had no need for "looking like I was doing something" in the first place, and he did not say "probably town", he said "I'm pretty sure he's town" which is a lot stronger, and following it with saying that the CONSTANT behavior of the person in question is kinda suspicious is off, because if you're ambivalent about someone, you don't say that you're "PRETTY SURE" they're town.
I don't think these two statements are remotely different as you're claiming they are, and I don't think him complaining about something Setsuen did all the time is indicative of an inconsistent read.

p/4431471/

I think it's indicative that he thinks Setsuen scum painting everyone in the game could just be playstyle, and that it's an aspect of his playstyle he naturally is inclined to scum read.

Drezi wrote:

Follow that up with your read changing to "YOU'RE OBVIOUS SCUM" after a single post (oh guess what right after Setsuen mentioned him being scum...) and for a reason that makes zero sense, and then proceed to backpedal and vote someone else later, then yeah you'll earn my vote.
I don't think it was just one post? I thought there were a lot of posts in between (and there was also the post in between where he alluded to having a few null reads, which Setsuen was supposedly one of). correct me if I'm wrong.
Drezi
I don't even know what you're going on about with me avoiding interaction wtih Haneii, I'm pretty sure I talked to her before, unlike some others in this game.. At first she was slightly suspicious to me, but it didn't really go anywhere later and it's pretty null and I'm not gonna sheep your "she didn't 1v1 me hur hurr" case if that's what you're getting at.
pieguyn

Drezi wrote:

Also is this some kind of MafiaScum trend to throw around phrases like "nitpicking on semantics" just for the sake of doing so? If someone isn't making sense I'll get to the end of it to see why it happened and what he actually wanted.
it is not a "mafiascum trend" - scum need to fake scum hunting, and commenting on something that appears to be an inconsistency is something scum can easily comment on in order to look like they're doing something. this is the case because it's the kind of thing that is *objectively* true, and easy to point out, but in reality has nothing to do with what people's alignments actually are most of the time.

Drezi wrote:

He had two votes early D1, and he breaks down, yeah how could anyone possible bear that kind extended pressure.
he had 2 votes, at least one of whom was you who had been pushing it for a while iirc, and iirc a shitton of negative sentiment/people agreeing that he hadn't done anything even if they weren't explicitly voting him (correct me if I'm wrong on this), when in reality he just didn't have any RL time to do anything. you don't see why someone would get pissed off at that?
Drezi
He didn't vote him after one post, but he did change his read to scum and voiced intent to vote Setsuen after one post.
Drezi
And I'm pretty sure I covered the semantics part earlier. Yes, it is easy for scum to comment something that is objectively true, I couldn't care less and I won't forego sorting something because of that, holding it against me is pretty pointless it's not all I'm doing.
pieguyn

Drezi wrote:

He didn't vote him after one post, but he did change his read to scum and voiced intent to vote Setsuen after one post.
can you walk me through this? I don't remember this being what happened either so I'm either misremembering something or not getting what your point here is.

Drezi wrote:

And I'm pretty sure I covered the semantics part earlier. Yes, it is easy for scum to comment something that is objectively true, I couldn't care less and I won't forego sorting something because of that, holding it against me is pretty pointless it's not all I'm doing.
what pushes have you made outside of the Magic Bomb/Ace pushes?
show more