forum

Mafia in Hoenn Region - Game Over

posted
Total Posts
show more
Amianki
I'm not suggesting a massclaim because GIF reviewed the setup. I've been scum in one of his setups before; I know he's competent enough to not put his stamp of approval on a setup that would be broken so easily from a massclaim.
Drezi
but jess claimed already, I don't mind claiming, our doc is out anyway, farto claiming shouldn't matter at this point am I missing something?
Drezi
I mean it looks like downsides aren't significant in this situation, and forces scum to claim something.
Amianki
Somehow forgot to respond to this:

fartownik wrote:

Btw, rEdo your ability is practically useless already. If you target wrong, you die and scum has a free kill. If you target right, scum may as well kill you off the same night and you won't be able to confirm your target. I'd say it'd be safer for you and this game to just do nothing tonight so scum at least wastes their nightkill on you, and if by chance they decide to skip killing you, we can continue like this for the next day (with me and you confirmed, unless I die as well).
Hiders are basically a commuter with a couple extra variables.
Amianki

Drezi wrote:

but jess claimed already, I don't mind claiming, our doc is out anyway, farto claiming shouldn't matter at this point am I missing something?
I'm not comfortable with mass claiming unless there's a specific reason to.

Fartownik especially shouldn't claim unless it's something critical to be out in the open.
Drezi
I think you need to explain that better because I might be missing something but it doesn't really make sense.
Amianki
What doesn't make sense about it?
Drezi
The fartownik especially part.
Drezi
Also you're not really doing a good job explaining why it wouldn't be good, other than you not feeling confortable with it, unless there's a specific reason which is vague as hell.
Drezi
And I'm pretty sure you could explain it clearly without it being anti-town to any degree.
Drezi
If you wanted to, that is :)
Amianki
He's confirmed town unless he and rEdo are part of the scumteam. Let scum worry about what kind of role he has. Town doesn't need to know unless there's a reason it should be outed.
Amianki
jfc

Vote: Drezi
Drezi
If they're not a scumteam Fartownik is getting killed next night in all likeliness, so yeah your point is?
Amianki
The point is that we don't need to know his role unless he thinks we do. I don't understand what's so difficult to understand about this.
fartownik
You don't need to know my role.

I don't think a massclaim would be useful at all at this point. More likely tomorrow.

Also again I fucked up the Hider thing, that role messes with my fucking brain. I feel like Irre right now.

I'm actually opting for a Jess lynch today. I get Town vibrations from both Amianki and Drezi, Drezi especially for bringing up why Amianki doesn't want a massclaim this game if he's such a supporter of them in PR-strong games. I don't want a lynch of neither of those today.

So yeah, from my point of view:

Town: rEdo, Magic Bomb
Null-town: Drezi, Amianki, Irreversible
I-dont-know-because-I-have-to-read-his-ISO-and-other-shit-because-others-say-he-is-suspicious-but-gut-says-Town: SNB
Null: Ace Timing
Scum: Jess, Frostings

So yeah, there is 3 scum so at least one of my reads is not correct.
fartownik
I should've put rEdo on a higher tier than Magic Bomb tho, just a cosmetic thing.
Ace Timing
Rip, I'm either null or null-scum for everyone

Thanks sniverre
fartownik
Well it's more of how you play this game, not Sniverre.

Also I will try to get more from the past day and Tess' reads tomorrow. I will be going to sleep in a short while.
Topic Starter
Navizel
Topic Starter
Navizel
Brendan is just chillin' with a Team Magma Grunt

Votecount 2.2
fartownik -
Drezi (1) - Amianki
Irreversible -
-[Jess]- -
rEdo -
Ace Timing -
- Magic Bomb - -
Frostings -
Amianki -
Static Noise Bird (2) - Drezi, Frostings

Not Voting: -[Jess]-, Ace Timing, Irreversible, rEdo, Magic Bomb, Static Noise Bird, fartownik

With 10 players alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.

Deadline is on August 2 11:13AM GMT -5. This is 10 days from now.

Let me know if I made any mistakes.
fartownik
mod are ya scum
MBomb
Navizel confirmed scum
-[Jess]-
lol
Amianki
@Mod: V/LA until August 2nd. I have the ugliest week and a half at work coming up and I'd be surprised if it didn't mentally kill me at least one day before then.
Topic Starter
Navizel
August 2nd is the deadline...
Drezi

Amianki wrote:

The point is that we don't need to know his role unless he thinks we do. I don't understand what's so difficult to understand about this.
I never said it's because we NEED to know fartownik's role, town PR's being identified is obviously a downside to a massclaim (if otherwise they'd be getting killed next night anyway, not so much..), and the advantage is forcing scum to come out and stick with a claim limiting their wiggle room and being held accountable for their night action choices.

It feels like you're just abusing my lack of experience with massclaims to brush it off with shit excuses, because it's a rather delicate matter and you know I'm not sure myself if it's the right course of action.
Frostings
man I'm confused as shit

I don't think I should be roleclaiming right now. I only wanted to before because I couldn't think of any scenario where my action got cancelled.
But I'm just dumb apparently.

I'm getting certain pings from Amianki, though apparently I'm bad at interpreting them. For now I'll put it at the back of my mind.

Reads:
Town:
fartow + rEdo (unless they're a scumteam, but hider claim as mafia is kinda hard to pull off)
MB

Null-town:
Amianki, Irre

Null:
Ace Timing
Jess (now that I think about it, his hammer doesn't actually indicate anything, could just be derp town, but I'm ok with PL)

Null-scum:
Drezi

Scum:
SNB :roll:
Birdy
If I'm so scum then stop keeping me around please to avoid any more confusion or mislynches or whatever you call them. This game turned bad during the very first pages anyway. :roll:

I've completed my 1-shot ability anyway which might have poisoned the town even more (though I did target my main scum suspect).

I'll just stay on Mafiascum in the future. lol bye
Drezi
can you give your latest reads or something?
rEdo

Static Noise Bird wrote:

If I'm so scum then stop keeping me around please to avoid any more confusion or mislynches or whatever you call them. This game turned bad during the very first pages anyway. :roll:

I've completed my 1-shot ability anyway which might have poisoned the town even more (though I did target my main scum suspect).

I'll just stay on Mafiascum in the future. lol bye
What did you do? No comment to what's happening, either?
Birdy
If you didn't react so strongly to my obvious joke about myself almost being left out of my own wagon, you'd be town but idk.

farto is leaning town after the initial FoS I had on him, obviously mostly due to similar viewpoints on things later during the previous day.

Something about Amianki tells me that they are town, but I'll be less confident about this and say null-town because it's mostly gut based I guess.

Frostings is obviously scum. :roll: tbh I don't take him seriously anymore so let's say null.

rEdo should be just 500 pounds of lies in a 100 pound bag. I believe there can not be this many power roles (or then everyone who has not claimed/revealed simply must be Vanilla). Besides Tess' flip kinda proved rEdo to be the suspicious Mr. Nice Guy that we were suspecting already.

The one I targeted with my ability who will die the next night is my personal main scum suspect. If a scum dies next night you'll probably know who I'm talking about. If not, then whoops, my bad. Yes, I'm claiming Seviper the Poisoner.

Everyone not mentioned is null unless I completely forgot someone, who in that case is probably not just notable enough to be considered either town or scum.

Vote: rEdo
Drezi
Unvote
rEdo
So still no case against me except for I believed Tess was town. Apparently townreading a person that flipped town now is a scumtell. And that appeal to probability, nice. I really loved how you dismissed my question about sheeping fartownik, too :^)

Do you realise that EVEN IF I'm scum it would be in town's interest to keep me alive for one/two more days? I'd rather die by getting killed together with my target than giving scum an easy mislynch. That's what you're trying to do right now, aren't you?
rEdo
btw did you poison Drezi or me? I don't think there's a reason to hide this.
Amianki

Drezi wrote:

Amianki wrote:

I never said it's because we NEED to know fartownik's role, town PR's being identified is obviously a downside to a massclaim (if otherwise they'd be getting killed next night anyway, not so much..), and the advantage is forcing scum to come out and stick with a claim limiting their wiggle room and being held accountable for their night action choices.

It feels like you're just abusing my lack of experience with massclaims to brush it off with shit excuses, because it's a rather delicate matter and you know I'm not sure myself if it's the right course of action.
This is pretty rich considering you've been leading this conversation the entire time.
fartownik
SNB needs to read this thread. I believe everyone is a PR this game and rEdo's claim seems very legit in my eyes. I don't get your point honestly. I also want you to claim your target immediately. The Poisoned's death can not be stopped so you may as well share that with us. I'd say this claim was a bold move if you're scum. You basically tells us there will be two nightkills next night plus today's lynch, making us consider a potential no-lynch option for today or to be EXTREMELY careful with the lynch.

I still don't know whether Amianki is just busy with irl stuff so much that he plays this game half-assedly or potentially scum. At least the first seems to be the case so, @mod: asking for a replacement for Amianki. Having a V/LA of 10 days is too much on this forums. We may as well get Nyquill in here.

Also I will just stick to what I think is the best for today.

Vote: Jess
Birdy
It was Irre.
Drezi
Vote: Jess
Drezi

Amianki wrote:

This is pretty rich considering you've been leading this conversation the entire time.
I had an idea I thought might be good, but wasn't sure, and you said we shouldn't do it, but brought up points that didn't make sense to me, or were just vague generally without much explanation. This response fits right in with the rest..
show more