forum

Mafia in Hoenn Region - Game Over

posted
Total Posts
show more
Nyxa

fartownik wrote:

For some reason I don't like your post at all. Even though it kinda makes some sense, you contradict yourself. You say you don't want to "scumpaint" people without proper reasons to vote them, yet I'm your top scumspect without proper reasoning.
This is why I didn't want to post yet, but it's what it came down to after you started painting me as suspicious. That's literally what I said. I didn't want to post any of this yet.

fartownik wrote:

Despite all the things I've actually done / tried doing you only come up with me picking up on Frostings after RVS and my read on Amianki (despite me elaborating on that read too). You ignore all the things I've written this game to conclude: "this game is too hard, there must be someone planning all this, moost be farto den".
Easy there, you accusing any and everyone you can find and pushing each accusation as hard as you can doesn't give you more credibility at all.

fartownik wrote:

Well indeed, this game is hard, and I've stated that as well, but not for that particular reason. This game is hard because we have so many players that cause confusion no matter their actual alignment, and I have noticed it a while ago. It's not gonna be a regular game for sure.
That's actually the exact reason why I said it has been hard.

fartownik wrote:

Your post looks like a big wall of text trying to drag the attention you have gathered to someone else.
Funny coming from someone asking for my scumreads. "Tess." "Tess pls" "Tess say something" "Tess ur scum" "Tess post" "Tess who do u think is scum" "lol Tess why are you scumpainting people". Of course you would say that after I accuse you to be scum.

fartownik wrote:

Why I voted you in the first place: you began seeming like you're actually playing your first game around here. Which you were not. This is your second game and in the first one you have shown that you're a skilled individual, here you were basically lost from the start. This gave me an idea that it is actually your first game - first game as Mafia. Your reads were off (the Irre, rEdo townreads came out of nowhere when I could not get shit from them, you sheeped on Frostings), lots of things just don't add up and you're still a good candidate to be lynched today. My vote stays.
That's understandable, I haven't played a game like this one before. In the last game people seemed to have a head on their shoulders, and, in this one, they don't. I still think you and SNB are scum, and that will probably stay, as I suspected you two would probably turn on me the second I mentioned suspecting you. Sadly that happened before I had enough to go by, which is my fault since I should've been playing along with what you were doing rather than be blatant about my suspicions. I attribute that to my inexperience, I didn't expect a game as this one.

Tess wrote:

Also, SNB, please explain to me why you seem to be so aware you can lynch two people at once. I believed that, as town, you only get one kill a day, but you seem pretty bent on making a second kill right after. My vote stays on you, period.
Because obviously I'd do anything to get two scum lynched in two days. First you and then whoever you're sheeping (unless you were hardcore bussing which would possibly cause problems if you knew how to do that. Let me assume you don't.). Please don't refer to them as people, rather call them scum like I did. You're blackpainting my words.[/quote]

Static Noise Bird wrote:

@Tess: Could you tell us who are you waiting for to sheep ASAP so we can lynch two scum at once instead of just you?

Static Noise Bird wrote:

so we can lynch two scum at once instead of just you?

Static Noise Bird wrote:

so we can lynch two scum at once

Static Noise Bird wrote:

two scum at once

Static Noise Bird wrote:

at once

Static Noise Bird wrote:

Explain me how would mentioning lynching two scum in 2 successive days ever be a scumslip anyway? Even if I were to be talking about "lynching and nightkilling" that would sound more like a vig-slip. You make absolutely no sense to me.
"At once" doesn't really sound like two successive days, does it? Who's blackpainting who here?

Static Noise Bird wrote:

Thank you for your wall, though, this is exactly why I think you're a scum. You're finally saying a lot, but your words are... mostly bad, twisted and somewhat lacking a real base.
On what basis are they bad? This is hypocritical, you give no base to your attack on my words while still calling mine bad for lacking a base. Is that the best you can come up with?

Static Noise Bird wrote:

You're accusing people a lot, though, maybe trying to start a wagon or two.
You mean like farto?

Static Noise Bird wrote:

It's just that the reasons are easily proven wrong.
Well, go on, prove me wrong then. It's empty claims like these that make me suspect you, you know?

This is really only raising my suspicion.
Nyxa
I don't like how anyone has been approaching this game, including myself. I feel scum is the only one making decent moves here.
fartownik

Tess wrote:

Easy there, you accusing any and everyone you can find and pushing each accusation as hard as you can doesn't give you more credibility at all.
I kinda meant that you didn't address any of it, not that it gives me credibility.

Tess wrote:

Funny coming from someone asking for my scumreads. "Tess." "Tess pls" "Tess say something" "Tess ur scum" "Tess post" "Tess who do u think is scum" "lol Tess why are you scumpainting people". Of course you would say that after I accuse you to be scum.
What. I've never asked for your reads. I only asked you to elaborate about my reasoning being "off" (you still kinda didn't by the way).
Btw, you're picking on words in SNB's sentences similarily to me picking on Zexion's, with a slight difference that you're 100% serious and I was only reaction-testing.

Also SNB is right here

SNB wrote:

Explain me how would mentioning lynching two scum in 2 successive days ever be a scumslip anyway? Even if I were to be talking about "lynching and nightkilling" that would sound more like a vig-slip. You make absolutely no sense to me.
Even if he wrote exactly as you are saying, it's not even a scumslip. You have no idea what you're doing, scum.

Take this shovel, you will dig your grave here.
fartownik

Tess wrote:

I don't like how anyone has been approaching this game, including myself. I feel scum is the only one making decent moves here.
And here you are trying to convince us it's not only you who is lost, but that we are all lost. In fact, we're not, we're just moving on with the game. You're lost in your scumplay and you will soon be on a pike.
Irreversible
I can only suggest it again

let's wait until the lurkers fucking give content, why the fuck do you attack each other like that it's insane. Like that, scum is going to get an easy game, yeah.
Nyxa
What makes you assume I'm not reaction testing?
fartownik

Tess wrote:

What makes you assume I'm not reaction testing?
That's not even... a scumslip... in the first place...

Also I already performed that trick this game, do you honestly think anyone would bait on that again?
Nyxa
Who's talking about scumslips, or tricks? I'm talking about reaction testing.
fartownik
Okay I'm too tired to do this today. I'm gonna get some sleep, brb in some hours.
Birdy
I was about to write something serious, but I'm not even going to take Tess seriously at this point. I did notice a new thing in her first wall, though:

Tess wrote:

I'm not gonna be retarded and try to scumpaint people without having good reason to do so like everyone else has been doing.
>states the intent to not scumpaint people
>scumpaints people
Top kek.
Nyxa
I already explained why I did that and you keep ignoring everything I say and trying to frame me on other things. Sorry, you two are undoubtedly scum in my eyes now.
Nyxa
>"I have serious things to post but lele I don't take u srs k bye"

What. A. Strategy.
Birdy

Tess wrote:

>"I have serious things to post but lele I don't take u srs k bye"

What. A. Strategy.
Guess I'll deliver right away, then, unlike certain individuals :roll:

Tess wrote:

Static Noise Bird wrote:

You're accusing people a lot, though, maybe trying to start a wagon or two.
You mean like farto?
Not sure whether you mean "accusing people a lot like farto?" or "trying to start a wagon on people like farto?".

Tess wrote:

"At once" doesn't really sound like two successive days, does it? Who's blackpainting who here?
You do realize there is no way to lynch two people in one day. This is exactly what I mean by "easily proven wrong", also a "great" scum tactic trying to force scumslips into other peoples' mouths. Are you even trying?

Tess wrote:

On what basis are they bad? This is hypocritical, you give no base to your attack on my words while still calling mine bad for lacking a base. Is that the best you can come up with?
I'll go back to the first wall here:

Tess wrote:

So, since there weren't any scumslips that other townies would understand, I just wanted to point out to people that the votecount is ambiguous as fuck, and it basically goes to show that town is confused and has no idea where to even begin looking for scum. I mean, up to SNB's vote on me, which was really just joining a wagon based on "ur so mysteres", the vote count was pretty much equal in terms of numbers - 3xDouble vote on someone, 3xSingle. This means that, from the perspective of the game as a whole, there are no obvious suspects for town.
If VCA or waiting for scumslips is the best you think you can do right now, then obviously you're putting effort in the wrong zone. You have to remember that there are a lot of new players in the game, which is why the votes may seem all over the place for now. Do trust me when I say they will be more centered on scum after better analyses on them. Also it should be nothing alarming considering how the game is in its very early stages.

If I were to be a major asshole, I'd say the "town is confused and has no idea" etc. sentence is a subtle scumslip. If nobody in the town has any idea about how to hunt scum, do you? Also this is another one of points lines by you that has a poor explanation, putting the base for "having no idea about where to even begin to look for scum" for a single reason, analysing votes.

Tess wrote:

This can only mean one of two things;

1. Scum is being confusing as shit on purpose
2. Scum is being confusing as shit out of inexperience/impracticality
This is actually quite funny coming from the person feeding the confusion most strongly previously.

Tess wrote:

I thought he was town at first, but right now he's probably the most suspicious player for me.
This was about farto. Alright. And you're voting me because?

Tess wrote:

Frostings was a little strange during RVS
Do you know what the RVS is?

Tess wrote:

Sorry, you two are undoubtedly scum in my eyes now.
Makes sense. I'm expecting either myself or farto to get killed next night at this rate :roll:

One last thing, what I noticed is how you null-scum-read Sniverre for not having done much, you still only null-read Amianki (while saying it would be too early to scumread him yet) for the exact same thing? Would be major comedy if it was because Sniverre's an easier lynch target due to newbieness.
Nyxa
I null-read Amianki because he didn't do any things I've found suspicious, while not the same can be said of Sniverre, but I don't have enough on Sniverre for a full scum read on him like with you or farto. Also, I'm gonna wait and see what others' opinions are on this before thinking about it more. If anyone else can convince me you're not scum, I'll pull my vote. Otherwise, it stays.
Zexion
[youtube]

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

That was quite a while ago, and what made Tess not scum was generating discussion, unlike what Sniverre is doing of just agreeing with other people. I want to hear what he has to say about it, and then I'll drop my vote, if he convinces me he isn't scum.
Except that both managed to generate discussion, one by speaking without saying anything, and the other by not speaking at all. Both agreed with other people... so I hardly think that's enough of a reason to go full on Sniverre rather than Tess. Your attitude isn't consistent.

fartownik wrote:

Zexion wrote:

How are you reading Amianki as town with a single meaningful post? He has barely contributed at all.
That post was enough. For now he's leaning more Town than null so I put him in the Town bracket.

He noticed how SNB jumped on me, same reaction as me. May be sheeping, but I doubt it. He questioned Frostings despite stating that he's Town in his previous post, seemed quite like a Town behavior.
I think you're taking Amianki's early read on Frostings a little too much serious. Besides no matter how much I townread someone I'm going to question it if something is weird or vague. Just my thoughts, Aminaki is a total null for me right now.

Static Noise Bird wrote:

Reading and such, whatever. It's not like anyone is going to believe whatever there could be coming from a lurker anymore anyway :^)

Static Noise Bird wrote:

Zexion wrote:

Please explain your SNB vote. I thought Farto was FoS'ing her because she pointed stuff that he didn't agree with then the wagon happened.
That would be freaking funny, but then again obviously if X doesn't agree with Y, Y is instantly scum for X.
Tose two remarks aren't necesary at all, SNB. Are you trying to become some kind of victim? Like "why would I try speaking if everyone is going to scumread me". I see you posting now but what were you trying to do back then?

Static Noise Bird wrote:

fartownik wrote:

Vote: Tess
It stays.
Cool. No explanation whatsoever but the jumping stops? That's good. I bet I can trust you with that one.
Late and not directed towards me, but Farto's vote on Tess is completly justified if you look at the posts standing above his. Namely, Jess jumping on the SNB wagon without a word. At least, I didn't have any troubles with that vote when I was reading the previous pages.

------------------------------

About Tess:

Tess wrote:

As for SNB, when he "FoS so hard" on farto, is when I felt my hunches started being confirmed. I don't like how unserious and borderline playful their accusations towards each other appear to me, but I also don't want to act based on hunches too much, because that's what everyone else has been doing and it hasn't done much. This is why I told you guys to read carefully rather than firework your way through scumreads without actually knowing why. Also, SNB, please explain to me why you seem to be so aware you can lynch two people at once. I believed that, as town, you only get one kill a day, but you seem pretty bent on making a second kill right after. My vote stays on you, period.
You're trying too hard here. I think any other player would read SNB post as: if you (Tess) were scum, then by following your lynch target we can determine one of your buddies and then inmediatly lynch them D2. Everyone here should be aware lynches are individual - and excluding a crazy PR that allows a double lynch - your entire point is nonsensical.

Tess wrote:

Who's talking about scumslips, or tricks? I'm talking about reaction testing.
There's a big difference. Farto's reaction test on me and my "scumslip" was valid because if you read my sentence in a certain, specific way he could claim I was scum, but yours on the other hand is an exaggeration of something I think most mafia players are aware of: if we manage to determine two or more scums in a single day, that's basicaly two or more of them dead as we would lynch them in sucesive days. I seriously see no problems on SNB's statement.

Tess wrote:

Or maybe you're just spreading WIFOM so we all start doubting each one movements? Excelent, just what town needed!

(not)

---------------------

Irreversible wrote:

I can only suggest it again

let's wait until the lurkers fucking give content, why the fuck do you attack each other like that it's insane. Like that, scum is going to get an easy game, yeah.
There's plenty of content to work with right now. Yeah, we have to determine what to do with rEdo, Sniverre and Jess but right now there's a lot of things to discuss. I find your attitude really bad.

---------------------

Also everyone voting or FoS'ing Sniverre make me feel uneasy. He's being such a newb player and an easy mislynch target that make me feel than those people are just looking for an excuse to lynch someone ASAP without even giving them the chance to speak back and look at the actual discussions.
Nyxa
Oh man.
Nyxa
Okay, question to everyone: What are you gonna do when I get lynched and turn out to be town?
MBomb

Tess wrote:

Okay, question to everyone: What are you gonna do when I get lynched and turn out to be town?
If you flip town, I will be very suspicious of SNB and fartownik, but at the same time, I wouldn't say they'd be scum for sure, because how hard they're pushing would be very obvious play as scum, if you are town. Before making calls on what will happen if you do get lynched, I feel we should wait a bit longer, let's face it, you're not gonna get lynched in the next 24 hours, most likely, and everything could change quickly, depending on whether the scum mess up.
MBomb
@Mod: Could we have a votecount please <3
MBomb
Oh also, I want to hear Frostings thoughts on the recent events. Focus went off him now, so suddenly, and I'd like to drag him back into the discussions. Although I think of him as town, I would still prefer to hear his opinion on what's going on.
Topic Starter
Navizel
Meanwhile on the other side...
"Why is the Rusturf Tunnel blocked? Oh well, I'll just push the boulders with my strength. Hmm.. what is this paper? Votecount?"

Votecount 1.7
fartownik -
Drezi -
Tess (4) - Frostings, Static Noise Bird, fartownik, Zexion
Irreversible (1) - rEdo
-[Jess]- -
rEdo -
Sniverre235 (2) - -[Jess]-, - Magic Bomb -
Zexion (1) - Amianki
- Magic Bomb - -
Frostings (1) - Sniverre235
Amianki -
Static Noise Bird (2) - Irreversible, Tess

Not Voting: Drezi

With 12 players alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

Deadline will be on July 25 8:30PM GMT -5. This is 8 days from now.
rEdo is V/LA for roughly 30 hours
Amianki has been prodded!
Let me know if I made any mistakes.
Birdy

Zexion wrote:

Tose two remarks aren't necesary at all, SNB. Are you trying to become some kind of victim? Like "why would I try speaking if everyone is going to scumread me". I see you posting now but what were you trying to do back then?
Yeah idk, it was just a combination of farto's jumps and the atmosphere of his post(s) that pissed me off.

Tess wrote:

Call you the worst townie I've yet seen.
Birdy
Oh wait, you said "and". I thought you said "if I".

Now I'll call you a liar instead.
AlyNight
(Waking up is as hard as ever)
Everything is still as confusing as ever but I hope to get over it soon.

Why i voted for Frostings:
From the lack of post that Frostings have (and many from the beginning), make me think that he is only trying to protect himself from the amount of votes from him (and he is successful) but it is giving me some scumvibes on Frostings because (similar to my situation) of the lack of activity for the game. He may be trying to lose attention from the others.
I may be wrong on a side note. He might just be busy and unable to post here.

My thoughts on other players:
Static Nose Bird, Irreversible, -Magic Bomb-: Town
Why:
Their posts are not giving me any scumvibes and their behaviour seemed okay to be a town.
Others:
I need to think about them...
Nyxa
I agree, Magic Bomb. Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'm almost entirely certain SNB and farto are scum but I'd like to hear what the others think. Irre seems to be suspicious of them as well, I'm mainly curious about Drezi, rEdo, and Ami's opinions on everything that happened so far. I think Frostings would be too confused to make a proper read, but hey, his vote's on me, so this just looks like some kind of defense.

Time to wait on the others, I guess.
Nyxa

Static Noise Bird wrote:

Oh wait, you said "and". I thought you said "if I".

Now I'll call you a liar instead.
Getting awfully aggressive, aren't we?~

It's almost like you really don't want to be considered scum.

Easy bait.
MBomb
It's weak, but more than I expected from a new player (This sounds very hypocritical coming from someone else who's on their first game but yeah).

Unvote
Amianki

Tess wrote:

Of course there's a specific reason that it shouldn't be stated. Why else wouldn't I?
Taking too much time doesn't count as a specific reason. Abridge it if you have to.

Frostings wrote:

Amianki wrote:

Substantiate this, please.
Ok, "No way" is kinda exaggerated because who knows what actually goes on in people's minds, but usually first time scum players in only their second ever mafia game don't go running around picking out a specific person to legitimately townread at the very beginning of the game after rvs (I say legitimate because I'm pretty sure he actually read me as town from my fluff posts and from your own "Ok Frostings is town" post)
Not sure why this is such a big deal (got fartow's jimmies rustled as well) when it's a small read after rvs that might not become of anything, and it's not an "obvtown" post that you always do
This tone change is disturbing, predominantly the bolded. I was initially suspicious that this was an attempt to cover for a scumbuddy and this response is doing nothing to change that.

Tess wrote:

I didn't want to mention said thing, was kind of pushed into it. Also, secretive does not mean scum.
no

Sniverre235 wrote:

Drezi wrote:

So yeah I'm looking at you Sniverre and Jess.

I want the Frostings townread explained, and any updates based on the past like 10 pages of posts lol. If you're town, don't fret just honestly tell us what made you think of him as town.
Sorry for the very late reply, but when I first saw the amount of vote for frostings..I figured that I should follow the crowd. Since I do not really want to change at all for who I vote, so I will just stick to Frostings. Since I am completely new in mafia, he may be equally good and equally bad in my senses.
P.S:
I am really sorry for the low amount of post counts but I come here frequently to read. I do not have much intention to post here unless it is important.
yeeeeeeeeah

If there's scum in the newer players, I'd place it here. The general attitude is null, but the amount of effort put into explaining it is off-putting.

Tess wrote:

Vote: SNB

fartownik wrote:

It stays.

Drezi wrote:

Vote: SNB
The fuck is this?

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

Done reading.

Vote: Sniverre235
um

Sniverre235 wrote:

Nahh...For a second thought I should stick to what I am thinking right now
This post and the last Sniverre post are probably town; I like this slot more now.

Frostings wrote:

m y g o d
this game is so bad
FoS: fartownik
Honestly, we're just trying to see where your thoughts lie, fartow, and you get extremely offended and hostile for no reason

FoS: Sniverre
sorry, but new player just isn't gonna cut it, bad play is just bad

Vote remains on Tess

I'll do better explanation of reads later, on my phone with 5% battery
This post really bugs me but I can't tell if it's scum making up fluff or just us being completely unsynced to each other.

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

My vote on Sniverre is mainly because they're just following the crowd for the whole game, not really having their own thoughts (And if they are, they're not showing that they are). I know they're a new player, so I can't expect them to be fully independent, but at the same time, it feels like they're not even trying to read the game, and just voting whatever everyone else is, and I don't really like that kind of play.

However, I would still like to hear Jess's reasoning behind the vote on Sniverre. Whilst I assume it was the same as mine, I didn't really expect another vote, especially not so quickly.
This is dead null from newer players. General attitude is only alignment indicative if you can apply it to specific people, and even then it can easily fail if they know about it.

(bottom of 20)
Nyxa
It's us being massively unsynced to each other. It's getting on my nerves.
Birdy

Tess wrote:

It's almost like you really don't want to be considered scum.
Do you?
Amianki
Somehow the Snivierre vote from Jess didn't go through; the 'um' was directed to both that and Magic Bomb's vote.
Amianki

Tess wrote:

what
Nyxa
I don't care. The only thing I think fucked things up for me was saying I had suspects at all.

It's interesting, because I said I had my reasons to be suspicious, I warned the other towns to pay attention to the thread, and the moment I vote on SNB, farto immediately after votes on me, after retracting his vote on Zexion. Then, first post he makes after, SNB is like "I'm okay with wagons on me :)", then does his amazing "2 kills at once" post (which is only a minor slip, which is why I explicitly stated that I didn't want to elaborate on my reads based on minor things, but still kept being egged on to do so) and votes on me as well. And guess who votes me after that... Zexion.

Yeah, I don't trust this.

I'm changing my reads. Frostings is null-town for me now, and Zexion up there with SNB and farto. Prove me wrong.
Nyxa

Amianki wrote:

Tess wrote:

what
Everyone whom I think to be town (except Frostings maybe) doesn't seem to have a very clear idea on who to think scum. They keep changing their ideas. Is that not being massively unsynced?
Amianki
I don't have willpower to read through 50 more walls tonight and I'm pushing it by being awake at all right now.

I'll see about spamming the thread with small posts during my lunchbreak tomorrow.
Amianki

Tess wrote:

Amianki wrote:

what
Everyone whom I think to be town (except Frostings maybe) doesn't seem to have a very clear idea on who to think scum. They keep changing their ideas. Is that not being massively unsynced?
Yeah, but that came out of nowhere and I don't understand what you're responding to.
Birdy
I mean I can "prove you wrong" right away with that you're instantly scumreading everyone scumreading you apparently. Best tactic 2k15.
Birdy
And that was directed towards Tess to avoid any confusion, whoops.
Birdy

Tess wrote:

slip
jesus

no
Amianki
Also I don't understand what the problem is with someone getting an early read on me considering I'm probably one of the easiest people to read on the site.
show more