forum

Mafia in Hoenn Region - Game Over

posted
Total Posts
show more
MBomb
Oh wait nevermind, fsr I thought I missed like 80 posts, I only missed like 30 lol
fartownik

Sniverre235 wrote:

Thanks for everybody who had helped me.

Tess wrote:

farto, your reasoning is surprisingly off from what I'm used to, from you.
Huuh?
Strange behaviour....I will put thoughts into that...
Huh? Did someone say CHEESE? I want to eat some cheese.
-[Jess]-

Sniverre235 wrote:

Thanks for everybody who had helped me.

Tess wrote:

Huuh?
Strange behaviour....I will put thoughts into that...
is not Strange for me, and i am curious about this post....
MBomb
Done reading.

Vote: Sniverre235
-[Jess]-
also

vote: Sniverre235
Drezi
oh god

so what's up with this SNB wagon guys, does noone even care that it just happened or something?

Unvote

What made you vote SNB, Irre?
fartownik
;_;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
AlyNight
Nahh...For a second thought I should stick to what I am thinking right now
fartownik
;_;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
MBomb

Drezi wrote:

oh god

so what's up with this SNB wagon guys, does noone even care that it just happened or something?

Unvote

What made you vote SNB, Irre?
I'm confused why there's a wagon for SNB, maybe just because he's lurking?
MBomb
My first thought was that it could be an attempted counter wagon from Frostings but then I realised most of the votes went off Frostings after the SNB wagon appeared.
Frostings
m y g o d
this game is so bad
FoS: fartownik
Honestly, we're just trying to see where your thoughts lie, fartow, and you get extremely offended and hostile for no reason

FoS: Sniverre
sorry, but new player just isn't gonna cut it, bad play is just bad

Vote remains on Tess

I'll do better explanation of reads later, on my phone with 5% battery
Zexion

Irreversible wrote:

Zexion wrote:

You never answered about MB tho, I would like to ask you again.
Sorry, missed that part. I have a slight town read on him, because he's acting pretty much as I'd expect it from a new player.
Please explain your SNB vote. I thought Farto was FoS'ing her because she pointed stuff that he didn't agree with then the wagon happened.

Also, I kinda agreed on MB, considering they are new and also posting a lot, it gives me town-vibes... at least until

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

Done reading.

What's with this vote, I do hope you have an explanation because other than complete absense from the most of the game I couldn't think of Sniverre as scum right now, other than being so newb that you could think they're hiding something...

-[Jess]- wrote:

also

Where did this come from. What is this wagon. I don't even...

fartownik wrote:

I think I'm gonna summarize my reads for now.

Possible scum: Tess, Frostings, (maybe) SNB
Null: rEdo, Jess, Sniverre, Zexion (Jess and Sniverre are null only because they're noobs, they may as well be put in "possible scum" bracket)
Town: Magic Bomb, Amianki, Irre, (maybe) Drezi
How are you reading Amianki as town with a single meaningful post? He has barely contributed at all.

Tess wrote:

We can't read your mind, you know. What are you used to from Farto?

Sniverre235 wrote:

Nahh...For a second thought I should stick to what I am thinking right now
Hello Tess #2. I do hope you're reading the game.

---------------

Also I can only summarize everything that's going on as:

fartownik wrote:

;_;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
Zexion

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

My first thought was that it could be an attempted counter wagon from Frostings but then I realised most of the votes went off Frostings after the SNB wagon appeared.
I would think Tess' wagon is the counter. SNB's one just kinda popped from nowhere.

Frostings wrote:

m y g o d
this game is so bad
^

;_________________;

Also I think your FoS on Farto may be just OMGUS from before. I can't agree with his overall attitude but I do see him scumhunting and actually worrying about the game.
MBomb

Zexion wrote:

Also, I kinda agreed on MB, considering they are new and also posting a lot, it gives me town-vibes... at least until

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

Done reading.

What's with this vote, I do hope you have an explanation because other than complete absense from the most of the game I couldn't think of Sniverre as scum right now, other than being so newb that you could think they're hiding something...

-[Jess]- wrote:

also

Where did this come from. What is this wagon. I don't even...
My vote on Sniverre is mainly because they're just following the crowd for the whole game, not really having their own thoughts (And if they are, they're not showing that they are). I know they're a new player, so I can't expect them to be fully independent, but at the same time, it feels like they're not even trying to read the game, and just voting whatever everyone else is, and I don't really like that kind of play.

However, I would still like to hear Jess's reasoning behind the vote on Sniverre. Whilst I assume it was the same as mine, I didn't really expect another vote, especially not so quickly.
Drezi
Sniverre isn't voting anyone afaik.
Drezi
oh he did drop a vote on Frostings earlier ok.
Zexion

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

My vote on Sniverre is mainly because they're just following the crowd for the whole game, not really having their own thoughts (And if they are, they're not showing that they are). I know they're a new player, so I can't expect them to be fully independent, but at the same time, it feels like they're not even trying to read the game, and just voting whatever everyone else is, and I don't really like that kind of play.

However, I would still like to hear Jess's reasoning behind the vote on Sniverre. Whilst I assume it was the same as mine, I didn't really expect another vote, especially not so quickly.
Tess did also jump in the SNB wagon and didn't post her thoughts, exactly what you claim Sniverre is doing (and you're right anyways). Why you didn't vote her before?

In fact:

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

Tess no longer seems the most scum to me, but before I vote my next person I want to see what happens, to see if my opinion changes.
So Tess is not scum for doing exactly the thing that's making Sniverre scum?

I am pushing this issue because it kinda suprised me you would vote a player who is completly lost (they have no idea, I know being new isn't a shield and stuff but I would try to make him talk a bit more), while Tess had plenty of chances to explain what she's thinking and understands how this game works.

Also I agree on Jess' vote, hence my pointing out the second vote on Sniverre.
Zexion
@Mod: Votecount please.
MBomb

Zexion wrote:

Tess did also jump in the SNB wagon and didn't post her thoughts, exactly what you claim Sniverre is doing (and you're right anyways). Why you didn't vote her before?

In fact:

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

Tess no longer seems the most scum to me, but before I vote my next person I want to see what happens, to see if my opinion changes.
So Tess is not scum for doing exactly the thing that's making Sniverre scum?

I am pushing this issue because it kinda suprised me you would vote a player who is completly lost (they have no idea, I know being new isn't a shield and stuff but I would try to make him talk a bit more), while Tess had plenty of chances to explain what she's thinking and understands how this game works.

Also I agree on Jess' vote, hence my pointing out the second vote on Sniverre.
That was quite a while ago, and what made Tess not scum was generating discussion, unlike what Sniverre is doing of just agreeing with other people. I want to hear what he has to say about it, and then I'll drop my vote, if he convinces me he isn't scum.
Topic Starter
Navizel
"Mauville City sure has changed. It's really different two years ago. I need a map so I won't get lost. Let's see.. here. Oh wait, it's a votecount. Where's the map though?"

Votecount 1.6
fartownik -
Drezi -
Tess (2) - Frostings, fartownik
Irreversible (1) - rEdo
-[Jess]- -
rEdo -
Sniverre235 (2) - -[Jess]-, - Magic Bomb -
Zexion (1) - Amianki
- Magic Bomb - -
Frostings (1) - Sniverre235
Amianki -
Static Noise Bird (2) - Irreversible, Tess

Not Voting: Zexion, Static Noise Bird, Drezi

With 12 players alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

Deadline will be on July 25 8:30PM GMT -5. This is 8 days from now.
rEdo is V/LA for roughly 30 hours

Let me know if I made any mistakes.
fartownik

Zexion wrote:

How are you reading Amianki as town with a single meaningful post? He has barely contributed at all.
That post was enough. For now he's leaning more Town than null so I put him in the Town bracket.

He noticed how SNB jumped on me, same reaction as me. May be sheeping, but I doubt it. He questioned Frostings despite stating that he's Town in his previous post, seemed quite like a Town behavior.
fartownik
Also Tess is not 'elaborating' for some time now. Did he/she went sleep? So early? :)
fartownik
I forgot to include this in my post xD:

Kay, Zexion is leaning more Town for his recent posts.

Magic Bomb's logic fits a fresh Town player as well. But I have to correct you here, you can not really predict whether certain individuals that only begin playing Mafia will do. They may appear very scummy to you, as Sniverre is, but still be Town simply because they have absolutely no idea what they should do. For example, Sniverre's first post in the thread was that he doesn't understand the rules, but he still signs up. That's a sign of being a complete beginner and I believe he's being very confused at the moment, no matter the alignment. Lynching a newb so quick is a trap that Town can fall into very easily. I also hate such lynches because they're really easy to pull off from scum.

Frostings latest posts absolutely don't bring me any townvibes besides his vote staying on Tess. His FoS are rather giving me scumvibes again, especially the one on Sniverre (see up).
Birdy
I like the wagon on me. I'll have to analyze the people on it now.

FYI everyone I slept for 14 hours and immediately went outdoors for 5 hours, hence why I'm back only now.

Reading and such, whatever. It's not like anyone is going to believe whatever there could be coming from a lurker anymore anyway :^)
fartownik
I want to vote SNB after this post
MBomb

fartownik wrote:

Magic Bomb's logic fits a fresh Town player as well. But I have to correct you here, you can not really predict whether certain individuals that only begin playing Mafia will do. They may appear very scummy to you, as Sniverre is, but still be Town simply because they have absolutely no idea what they should do. For example, Sniverre's first post in the thread was that he doesn't understand the rules, but he still signs up. That's a sign of being a complete beginner and I believe he's being very confused at the moment, no matter the alignment. Lynching a newb so quick is a trap that Town can fall into very easily. I also hate such lynches because they're really easy to pull off from scum.
I'll keep this in mind, but I'm gonna keep my vote on Sniverre until he responds.
Birdy

Tess wrote:

META IS NOT A PROPER ARGUMENT.

Zexion wrote:

Irreversible wrote:

Sorry, missed that part. I have a slight town read on him, because he's acting pretty much as I'd expect it from a new player.
Please explain your SNB vote. I thought Farto was FoS'ing her because she pointed stuff that he didn't agree with then the wagon happened.
That would be freaking funny, but then again obviously if X doesn't agree with Y, Y is instantly scum for X.

Tess wrote:

^This is basically why I think Irre is town.
You're kinda like a mute parrot.

Tess wrote:

I'll give my complete reads in due time, by the way.
You're basically waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike and make reads based on who seems the most scummy that time?

fartownik wrote:

irreversible wrote:

Also, @fartowink: can you elaborate on your arbitrary jumping on people? Frostings, Jess, Drezi, Tess, if it was reaction test it's beyond bad, honestly.
No, I can fucking not. Irre, can you start reading the thread before asking people questions?
Seriously though I'm not sure here if I completely misunderstood this (though if I asked you to elaborate again, you probably "could fucking not" anyway), if you're seeing things that others (or at least me and Irre) don't see, or if you're just overreacting to a thing or two. Trying too hard to get just about anyone lynched?

fartownik wrote:

Vote: Tess

It stays.
Cool. No explanation whatsoever but the jumping stops? That's good. I bet I can trust you with that one.

fartownik wrote:

I want to vote SNB after this post
I trusted you for so long, how could you betray me like this :(

fartownik wrote:

They may appear very scummy to you, as Sniverre is, but still be Town simply because they have absolutely no idea what they should do. For example, Sniverre's first post in the thread was that he doesn't understand the rules, but he still signs up. That's a sign of being a complete beginner and I believe he's being very confused at the moment, no matter the alignment. Lynching a newb so quick is a trap that Town can fall into very easily. I also hate such lynches because they're really easy to pull off from scum.
I'll give you townpoints for this one though, I hope I'm not falling for a shallow trap here though.

@Tess: Could you tell us who are you waiting for to sheep ASAP so we can lynch two scum at once instead of just you?

Vote: Tess

Frostings wrote:

m y g o d
this game is so bad
fartownik
@SNB: @Irre: I'm just pissed off at people that ask me questions that were already answered in the thread. But still, I did answer him in the same exact post. Why don't you quote that? You only select parts of posts that fit your needs, huh.
fartownik
Fun fact: Jess took a V/LA in the Newbie Mafia game 10 hours ago, but didn't take V/LA in here. Not sure if this can mean something, but I guess it's worth pointing out.
fartownik
And where dafuq is Amianki. Come on, we need some quality posts in here.
Nyxa
Well okay, I guess I'll need to say something at this point.

The reason I didn't want to join in on the whole "let's make reads even though we ain't got nothin'"-train is because whoever is scum is doing a fucking good job here. I was waiting until either I had a slip I could work with from someone or until I got a proper votecount to support my arguments. I don't like thi game, not because it's "bad" but because whoever is scum is either being really retarded or really clever here. But the more impractical posts of the game seem to be just that - impractical.

So, since there weren't any scumslips that other townies would understand, I just wanted to point out to people that the votecount is ambiguous as fuck, and it basically goes to show that town is confused and has no idea where to even begin looking for scum. I mean, up to SNB's vote on me, which was really just joining a wagon based on "ur so mysteres", the vote count was pretty much equal in terms of numbers - 3xDouble vote on someone, 3xSingle. This means that, from the perspective of the game as a whole, there are no obvious suspects for town.

This can only mean one of two things;

1. Scum is being confusing as shit on purpose
2. Scum is being confusing as shit out of inexperience/impracticality

Now, I noticed this very early on, in particular when Frostings made that ridiculously stupid RVS post at the start, which caused fartownik to jump on him not long after, despite it being an obviously silly post. A post that wasn't well thought-out, and that didn't hold much actual meaning towards the game; something that made me think was a town move to pull, but I still wanted to see how he behaved under pressure, and it was as expected.

So, at that point, I was basically left with a game of idiots, except for three people who stood out in particular. However, I still don't have any proper explanation for why I think this, because I'm not gonna be retarded and try to scumpaint people without having good reason to do so like everyone else has been doing.

The best thing I could do at that point was single out farto, SNB and Drezi as suspects, while still remaining wary of Frostings, who could just as easily be making those moves from a scum position. Reason for those three is because my gut tells me they're constantly sidestepping each other to make it look as if they considered each other as suspects, but decided to move to a "better" target afterwards. However, this theory isn't based on much at all, which is why I didn't wanna start making any accusations yet, but at this point I'm starting to look scummy so w/e.

All I've been seeing is a bunch of confused apparent townies and three people who don't seem fazed by the confusion. farto appears to be making sensible reads but his accusations are going all over the place, while still seeming deliberate. I thought he was town at first, but right now he's probably the most suspicious player for me. Drezi's hard to tell, probably my biggest intuition-based suspicion, so, it's also the one I pay the least attention to.

As for SNB, when he "FoS so hard" on farto, is when I felt my hunches started being confirmed. I don't like how unserious and borderline playful their accusations towards each other appear to me, but I also don't want to act based on hunches too much, because that's what everyone else has been doing and it hasn't done much. This is why I told you guys to read carefully rather than firework your way through scumreads without actually knowing why. Also, SNB, please explain to me why you seem to be so aware you can lynch two people at once. I believed that, as town, you only get one kill a day, but you seem pretty bent on making a second kill right after. My vote stays on you, period.

Reading Amianki as town was weird, since he hasn't given much of anything, really. Amianki can only seem null or scum to me, but he hasn't done anything that stands out in particular, so he remains null. Irre is being Irre and seems to be contributing to town pretty well, to me. rEdo didn't post much, but what he did post didn't seem suspicious. Jess looks like a new player, but not like new scum. Zexion definitely looks town to me, I won't doubt that, and Frostings was a little strange during RVS but seems to be slowly evening out towards just being Frostings, though I'll still remain wary of him.

Last thing to mention I guess is Sniverre, who looks like beginner scum that doesn't know what to say. I can see why people compared my posting to theirs, considering there's the whole "Hmm I'm thinking about stuff but not tellign u" aspect to it.

So, yeah, I hope this clears some stuff. I have more ideas and little things I've been noticing but I basically wanted the game to grow more before making anything out of them rather than do what the rest was doing. farto, I'd still like to know your reasoning for voting me. I still find it oddly interesting that three people I've suspected are all voting me at once. And SNB's line about "double lynching" looks like a massive scumslip to me. Also farto and SNB constantly talking about voting each other but never actually doing it.

My reads are probably this;

Scum: fartownik, SNB
Null-scum: Sniverre235, Frostings
Null: Amianki, Jess, Drezi
Null-town: rEdo, Magic Bomb
Town: Irreversible, Zexion

Also, @farto: If you knew my sleeping schedule, that's a perfectly normal time for me to sleep through. Yes, I was actually sleeping.
Nyxa
tl;dr Evidence? Schmevidence.
Topic Starter
Navizel

fartownik wrote:

Fun fact: Jess took a V/LA in the Newbie Mafia game 10 hours ago, but didn't take V/LA in here. Not sure if this can mean something, but I guess it's worth pointing out.
Do not discuss ongoing games. This is a warning.
Nyxa
I'd also like to mention that I picked #2 as a possibility because there are more people making silly posts than reasonable ones. Occam's Razor and whatnot.
Irreversible

fartownik wrote:

@SNB: @Irre: I'm just pissed off at people that ask me questions that were already answered in the thread. But still, I did answer him in the same exact post. Why don't you quote that? You only select parts of posts that fit your needs, huh.
Why not trying to temper your mood just slightly? That will help getting a better atmosphere and probably will help you getting less suspsicion upon being upset about every little shit as well. And honestly, most of the time you are just unnecessary raging at people, and I'm not too sure what to think about it honestly. FoS: fartownik

I am really surprised about how many people are already 100% sure that their vote is going to stay. Don't you all think it's way too early to make such harsh decisions? Well, that's my opinion at least. My vote on SnB wasn't that kind, but his vote on Tess seems honestly much like Omgus on me, that's why I'll keep it, for now.

What bothers me about farto still is that I'm not sure if he's behaving town or scum, hence why I am not voting him but rather SNB, for staying in the background, FoSing people, Omgusing etc.

So what we current have are two bigger suspects: SNB and Sniverre. It is hard to tell anything about the relation of them, because Sniverre is lurking even more then SNB. That's why I'd like you (Sniverre) to give us your reads, and what you think about the whole situation).

Also, where is reDo? I am expecting your reason for voting me.
Birdy

fartownik wrote:

Obviously I quoted only the parts that I needed to reply to. Also yeah I remember you somewhat explained the vote/scumread on Frostings, it was just that I thought it was bad, lazy to try and find the other two, though.

Tess wrote:

Also, SNB, please explain to me why you seem to be so aware you can lynch two people at once. I believed that, as town, you only get one kill a day, but you seem pretty bent on making a second kill right after. My vote stays on you, period.
Because obviously I'd do anything to get two scum lynched in two days. First you and then whoever you're sheeping (unless you were hardcore bussing which would possibly cause problems if you knew how to do that. Let me assume you don't.). Please don't refer to them as people, rather call them scum like I did. You're blackpainting my words.

Explain me how would mentioning lynching two scum in 2 successive days ever be a scumslip anyway? Even if I were to be talking about "lynching and nightkilling" that would sound more like a vig-slip. You make absolutely no sense to me.

Thank you for your wall, though, this is exactly why I think you're a scum. You're finally saying a lot, but your words are... mostly bad, twisted and somewhat lacking a real base. You're accusing people a lot, though, maybe trying to start a wagon or two. It's just that the reasons are easily proven wrong.

But you know, 'twas a good try and all that.
fartownik
For some reason I don't like your post at all. Even though it kinda makes some sense, you contradict yourself. You say you don't want to "scumpaint" people without proper reasons to vote them, yet I'm your top scumspect without proper reasoning. Despite all the things I've actually done / tried doing you only come up with me picking up on Frostings after RVS and my read on Amianki (despite me elaborating on that read too). You ignore all the things I've written this game to conclude: "this game is too hard, there must be someone planning all this, moost be farto den". Well indeed, this game is hard, and I've stated that as well, but not for that particular reason. This game is hard because we have so many players that cause confusion no matter their actual alignment, and I have noticed it a while ago. It's not gonna be a regular game for sure.

Your post looks like a big wall of text trying to drag the attention you have gathered to someone else.

Why I voted you in the first place: you began seeming like you're actually playing your first game around here. Which you were not. This is your second game and in the first one you have shown that you're a skilled individual, here you were basically lost from the start. This gave me an idea that it is actually your first game - first game as Mafia. Your reads were off (the Irre, rEdo townreads came out of nowhere when I could not get shit from them, you sheeped on Frostings), lots of things just don't add up and you're still a good candidate to be lynched today. My vote stays.
fartownik
^ directed to Tess
Irreversible
Can someone explain me why people always look back on old games? You know that there are different types of strategies, right?

Static Noise Bird wrote:

But you know, 'twas a good try and all that.
I really dislike your confidence in this sentence.
show more